Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Lost My only son at age 20
5 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2012 - 7:34PM #1
Mrsmilton

He is gone and I don't know how to let him go. I do talk to him as if he was here. They listed on the death certificate sucide...No way, I have to fight that...No one can prove it. I will continue to find a lawyer to overturn that sucide results. According to him he and another guy got into an alleracation  earlier.

I believe the gun went off while they were fighting.  The people he was with were on drugs, and made up this story. I don't know how to overturn this decision.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2012 - 5:10PM #2
karbie

Of course the other people would say it was suicide to keep from getting charged. When you do get a lawyer, or whoever made the ruling, make sure that they check to make sure the angle of the shot was one he could have done himself, or one that could have happened during that struggle. If so, it should be ruled accidental discharge of a gun.

Go ahead and talk to your son--he comes around you and your love still has somewhere to go.

I was 19 when my father died and it terrified me. I still had both sets of grandparents so I had never lost anyone. When my paternal Grandpa died, he gave me an amazing final gift.

I was alone at home and was suddenly wrapped aound with love that felt like a big hug and was just the essence of my Grandpa. I got the call telling me he had died 150 miles away at the same time I got that hug. After that I haven't been afraid of death because he showed me thatt love and who we are as a person goes on after we die.

My Grandma and father were both very psychic; I'm more intuitive/ emotions. I don't think your son killed himself. When we think of the people we love who've died, they know it. My maternal Grandma was over 100 when she died and was home until just the last 4 months. she had a dream that she was at a big party with all of the friends and family she had missed for so long. After awhile, she realized that the room was too large and the colors of all the flowers too magnificent to be anywhere but Heaven. She wasn't terribly thrilled to wake back up in her worn-out body. the nurses told me that they knew when a patient had that dream they would die in a few days. One of the nurses came in early to say goodbye the day she died, warned us she was in the process and would be gone in a few hours. Grandma kept trying to become fully awake and couldn't. I went to hold her hand aand when she squeezed mine I found out she could hear us. It was "just us girls"--Grandma, Mother, my older sister, and me as Grandma always called us. We got a chance to tell her how much we loved her and what she'd meant to us. We all told her it was okay to let go and go back to her party. she died the next hour.

Her dream made me realize how few threads were still tying her to us compared to all the people she'd lost.

I'm so sorry that you lost your son. I had a miscarriage a few years before I had my son and the doctors hadn't been sure I'd ever be able to get pregnant again. My son's 25 and can understand a little of the agony you are in just thinking about it.

Your son is safe and with God.Our souls go on; our personality and the people we loved here we love even more once we are free of all the pain and limitations of the body. He wants you to now that he's fine, he hears you and does come around, and his death was an accident, not suicide. although if people commit suicide due to drugs or mental illness, all of that disappears as soon as their souls leave their bodies.

I'm not crazy--there's a psychic strea in my family. My pateranl Grandma andmy father could see,hear--the whole thing. I get more feelings, emotions, and  sometimes touch. I don't automatically go to this forum, but I had to check it today. You'll be in my prayers.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2012 - 5:01PM #3
Mrsmilton

Nov 30, 2012 -- 5:10PM, karbie wrote:

Of course the other people would say it was suicide to keep from getting charged. When you do get a lawyer, or whoever made the ruling, make sure that they check to make sure the angle of the shot was one he could have done himself, or one that could have happened during that struggle. If so, it should be ruled accidental discharge of a gun.

Go ahead and talk to your son--he comes around you and your love still has somewhere to go.

I was 19 when my father died and it terrified me. I still had both sets of grandparents so I had never lost anyone. When my paternal Grandpa died, he gave me an amazing final gift.

I was alone at home and was suddenly wrapped aound with love that felt like a big hug and was just the essence of my Grandpa. I got the call telling me he had died 150 miles away at the same time I got that hug. After that I haven't been afraid of death because he showed me thatt love and who we are as a person goes on after we die.

My Grandma and father were both very psychic; I'm more intuitive/ emotions. I don't think your son killed himself. When we think of the people we love who've died, they know it. My maternal Grandma was over 100 when she died and was home until just the last 4 months. she had a dream that she was at a big party with all of the friends and family she had missed for so long. After awhile, she realized that the room was too large and the colors of all the flowers too magnificent to be anywhere but Heaven. She wasn't terribly thrilled to wake back up in her worn-out body. the nurses told me that they knew when a patient had that dream they would die in a few days. One of the nurses came in early to say goodbye the day she died, warned us she was in the process and would be gone in a few hours. Grandma kept trying to become fully awake and couldn't. I went to hold her hand aand when she squeezed mine I found out she could hear us. It was "just us girls"--Grandma, Mother, my older sister, and me as Grandma always called us. We got a chance to tell her how much we loved her and what she'd meant to us. We all told her it was okay to let go and go back to her party. she died the next hour.

Her dream made me realize how few threads were still tying her to us compared to all the people she'd lost.

I'm so sorry that you lost your son. I had a miscarriage a few years before I had my son and the doctors hadn't been sure I'd ever be able to get pregnant again. My son's 25 and can understand a little of the agony you are in just thinking about it.

Your son is safe and with God.Our souls go on; our personality and the people we loved here we love even more once we are free of all the pain and limitations of the body. He wants you to now that he's fine, he hears you and does come around, and his death was an accident, not suicide. although if people commit suicide due to drugs or mental illness, all of that disappears as soon as their souls leave their bodies.

I'm not crazy--there's a psychic strea in my family. My pateranl Grandma andmy father could see,hear--the whole thing. I get more feelings, emotions, and  sometimes touch. I don't automatically go to this forum, but I had to check it today. You'll be in my prayers.

I have to say thank you....My son was so ready to start his new career. I knew it. I am not sure what type of lawyer to seek, but I will find one here in Alabama.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2012 - 9:43PM #4
Estacia

God Bless you and may he keep you comforted and safe. I am so sorry for you loss. Your story is exact to what happened to me 18 yrs ago w/ my friend all of the evidene show there WAS NO suicide. I believe  my friend's case was given the same treatment as your son's ( Lazy Det. work)

Have you spoke w/ the highest in the police dept.?

God Bless you.

Stacey

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2012 - 10:51PM #5
Mrsmilton

No, I have not. I am still waiting on the Toxicology report to find the results of his blood level.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2012 - 1:26AM #6
karbie

I've been thinking--I believe that there is something called a Coroner's Inquest that re-examines the evidence when there is either some doubt as to the cause of death or if the original cause listed is appealed.

My brother-in-law's older brother was ruled a suicide--his ex-wife claimed he was upset over not seeing their daughter more. Since the family was in too big a state of grief and shock, they went over and cleaned up to area where he was found, scrubbed all the blood away, etc. The problem of course was by the time everyone had compared notes on the last time anyone had seen him or heard from him, they came to the conclusion his death was probably murder instead of suicide. The ex took all the assets since they would have gone to their daughter. Once she got the check, she took off.

It's not easy to shoot yourself in the middle of the forehead. He had been trying to get custody because he didn't like the people she had coming around his little girl--but by the time  everyone got through beating themselves up over not realizing he was suicidal, it was over and no one knew where she'd gone. What finally made them realize it was probably a murder was because he wouldn't have left his daughter.

My husband asked me how I could believe in paranormal stuff. I told him it was more a case of it believing in me.  It's been a long time since I've gotten anything so strong as your son wanting you to know he didn't kill himself; it was an accident; he comes around you, he's fine, and he's with God.  I figure I'd rather have someone think I was strange than not pass something like that along because you deserve every bit of comfort you can possibly get.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2012 - 1:45AM #7
Mrsmilton

Thank you for your support. I believe he did not kill himself. He had just finished "Sea School". Have two beautiful children under 2 years old. A committed girlfriend. The only problem was he was at another girl house that wanted more than he wanted to give. She told my husband and I at the hospital there were playing russian roluttte with a gun. We believe she set him up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2012 - 2:26AM #8
karbie

Russian roulette doesn't work with modern guns. It depended on the weight of the bullet making it stay at the bottom, but modern guns will automatically advance each cartridge. I just don't think anyone with a beautiful child ready to start a new career would have even considered playing it.

So the stories you've been told were Russian roulette and/or a struggle with a gun? Not the same thing unless he was trying to stop the girl from shooting herself. Or from shooting him--again, there's the question of the point of entry and the angle of the shot.

I said that I'd be checking--my heart goes out to you to lose your son, who showed such progress and commitment in his life. There's no possible reason for him to have taken his own life. it's the kind of devastation no one should have to go through.

Years ago I lost a dear friend unexpectedly--in  her case, it was my sister-in-law who had 2 dreams with her in them. In both of them, Sue told her "I'm just dead. I'm not gone." I'd had an e-mail from her that morning and she was gone that night. I've even had an anniversary card from her fall out of my cookbook shelves a few days before our anniversary and I don't keep anything like that there. 

You have my deepest sympathy and I'll be around if I can help at all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2012 - 6:30PM #9
Mrsmilton

I thank you again for giving me food for thought. I just got to connect somebody to listen. We are so loss.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2012 - 11:37PM #10
Estacia

My friend was shot point blank in the heart. In front of her 2 yr old nefew and 2 week old nef. The police called it suicide.

HAAAA!

I call it " It's late at night and I want to go home"

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

The police NEEDS to look into this girl.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook