Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Lost My only son at age 20
5 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2012 - 1:42AM #11
karbie

Dear Mrs. Milton,

I've sent an invitation to be friends to you. That way if there are things you want to say without it being on a public forum, member to member e-mails are private. I get the feeling that you are the one who has to be brave and put up a strong front for your husband and for your grandchildren's mother; I want you to have someone or someplace to go and not hold on so tight.

I understand if you are not comfortable with letting go; there are times we can't because it is too overwhelming to do more than get through each day. Or each hour; some days things get broken into the most manageable sections we can handle.

I'll still be checking here, too.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2012 - 5:20PM #12
karbie

I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and saying extra prayers for you and your family during this horrible first holiday season. I hope you get to spend some time with your grandchildren. My grandparents had to bury their youngest son on Christmas Day and never really celebrated it again until my sister and I came along. I'm glad there is a part of him you can still hug.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2013 - 3:07PM #13
rose21

I just read your post about your son and wanted to offer my condolences. I feel for every mother who loses their child especially with no warning. I lost my son in a car accident . He had just turned 22 and was in a good place in life, enjoying each day. What helped me get through this unbearable time and gave me a bit of comfort was when I went to a medium. She told me that my son was in a good place and it was his time to go.  I do believe that we can not change that fact. We are all going to pass on and when it is our time it is simply our time to go. I realize that you want to get the facts from the nite he passed but it will not change the fact that he has passed on. I do believe he will always be with you and you should continue to speak to him. you can keep his memory alive in many ways. The first few years will be difficult but in time it will get bearable. And you  are lucky to have grandchildren that are a part of him. I wish that my son would have had that amazing experience of being a father and I would now have a part of him to love and cherish. I think I know a little how you feel..You want your son back. I still feel that way. I know life can be unfair and you may feel like crying everyday for a long time. Your life has changed now...I get it. But try to find some moments of happiness. and appreciate the people in your life you love.

Good luck on your journey

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook