Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Those who know, do not speak.
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2012 - 1:24AM #1
Habala?!
If It is tur that those who know do not speak, and those who speak do not know...

Let silence be my mantra.
"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2012 - 7:44AM #2
Mak_jo_si

Thanks to the BS crappy version of Tao Te Ching, it's so misinterpreted and misleading. What a virus in Taoism world.. sigh...

Yes, if those who know doesn't speak, how can knowledge be promoted? That means all the professors and pros who speak in public are not knowing their stuff? Why do you go to school? why do you study in university? Argh.. yeah, totally doesn't make sense eh?

I do agree though, sometimes a lot of people who don't know what they are talking about will start to BS all kinds of crap too. Look at the "scholars" who try to interpret and translate Tao Te Ching and you will know. It's so misleading and so wrong that piss me off so bad when I read it. If you read one starting with "The tao cannot be spoken" then you can trash the book already, it's not right. Dang, now 99% of the stuff are rubbish!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2012 - 2:19PM #3
TransJ

Is Taoism really that hard to understand? Chi is “energy” and Taoism is a way to understand it and more.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2012 - 1:57AM #4
Mak_jo_si

Nov 13, 2012 -- 2:19PM, TransJ wrote:

Is Taoism really that hard to understand? Chi is “energy” and Taoism is a way to understand it and more.

No way. You are getting it 100% wrong.

If you really want to learn about Chi, you can just learn it in Chi Kung and learn from a chi kung master, there isn't even a need to learn Taoism at all. That's why I said most of you are not even knowing what Taoism is because you are having too many BS crap out there telling you Taoism is = chi kung, tai chi and all that crap which isn't even related to Taoism at first. Dang..what can I say. Just like saying Chinese medic is Taoism, what the heck? It's not even about Taoism!  Yes Taoism and TAoist do have this study in their learning but it's not what Taoism is about!

Taoism is not hard to understand IF you learn from a master for real, but it's hard to understand if you read all those BS crap books by the western scholars like the tao te ching translation rubbish and all that crap that tell you tao te ching is a "book of Tao" or "book of Taoism" which is 100% wrong. The book is not about Taoism, it's about virtues and it should be 100% about virtues and only virtues. If you think it's a book of Taoism, then your Taoism is all wronged.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2012 - 11:52PM #5
XingYi

Can I ask how you would translate that quote then?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2012 - 9:56PM #6
TransJ

Okay Chi is “energy” and Qi Kung is a way to study it and use it? Taoism is philosophy of reality.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook