Page 10 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 8:40PM #91
Aka_me

Jun 10, 2012 -- 7:57PM, JCarlin wrote:

A little reading comprehension test here.  "If a believer in God A wants to discuss God B" is a conditional clause. "[Then] hesh should do so on an appropriate board." is the subordinate clause to the conditional.  If the conditional is false then the subordinate clause does not apply. 

But as long as a believer in God A or God B or C or D thru Z'' has a board to discuss any of the Gods any such discussion is disruptive on this board since atheists don't believe in God A thru Z''.  Are all such discussions and there are Z'' factorial  of them off limits on this board? 

For extra credit:  If a non-believer in all Gods A thru Z'' wants or needs to discuss God X  and God X has a discussion board, which two boards are appropriate for a discussion of God X?

basically the prejudice is against the person.

atheists are entitled to slam Jesus (the preferred target of prejudice)

and atheists can begin discussion of any gods they like,

but theists are not allowed to initiate discussion of any set which isn't theirs.

that makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.

make sure to include all text when the post is deleted.

the US exports death and corruption globally on a scale undrempt by Iranian authorities. war for corporate profits funded by taxpayers and soldiers' lives plus unofficial war funded by drugs to minorities. wave that flag of corruption in blissful ignorance of the orphans it creates assisting the rich to get richer. it's all good though cause we don't need to do ANYTHING to change... mother nature will create the necessary change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 8:57PM #92
mountain_man

Jun 10, 2012 -- 6:09PM, Aka_me wrote:

if you were ANYWHERE NEAR remotely being close to correct on that statement...

That pretty much means I got it right. You're just trolling this forum to start fights and be nasty to Atheists. If you post appropriately in the appropriate forum, your posts won't get deleted.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 9:01PM #93
Ken

Jun 10, 2012 -- 8:40PM, Aka_me wrote:

basically the prejudice is against the person.

atheists are entitled to slam Jesus (the preferred target of prejudice)

and atheists can begin discussion of any gods they like,

but theists are not allowed to initiate discussion of any set which isn't theirs.

Well, that's an answer of sorts. But is it an honest one? Does it even make sense? Why would theists enter a forum about atheism to discuss gods other than their own? They might well be concerned to defend the existence of their own gods, but they can have no occasion either to defend or attack someone else's.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 9:02PM #94
Aka_me

Jun 10, 2012 -- 8:57PM, mountain_man wrote:

That pretty much means I got it right. You're just trolling this forum to start fights and be nasty to Atheists. If you post appropriately in the appropriate forum, your posts won't get deleted.

show me where in the guidelines states atheists may slam any theology they like, but theists must restrict their discussion to their theology only.

so not knowing the prejudice guidelines meant inadvertently breaking them.

the US exports death and corruption globally on a scale undrempt by Iranian authorities. war for corporate profits funded by taxpayers and soldiers' lives plus unofficial war funded by drugs to minorities. wave that flag of corruption in blissful ignorance of the orphans it creates assisting the rich to get richer. it's all good though cause we don't need to do ANYTHING to change... mother nature will create the necessary change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 9:11PM #95
Ken

Jun 10, 2012 -- 9:02PM, Aka_me wrote:

Jun 10, 2012 -- 8:57PM, mountain_man wrote:

show me where in the guidelines states atheists may slam any theology they like, but theists must restrict their discussion to their theology only.

so not knowing the prejudice guidelines meant inadvertently breaking them.

It's a matter of common sense. Atheists may slam any theology they like because they do not believe in any theology. A theist entering this forum may slam atheism or defend his own theology, but why would he either slam or defend someone else's theology? What could conceivably motivate him to do that here? An alien theology is not his to defend, and slamming is obviously a task to be undertaken in the forum devoted to the obnoxious theology. Discuss Atheism is not the place for rival theologies to quarrel with one another.

I'm not at all satisfied with your explanation. Why did you really start this thread?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 9:48PM #96
steven_guy

Jun 10, 2012 -- 9:11PM, Ken wrote:

It's a matter of common sense. Atheists may slam any theology they like because they do not believe in any theology. A theist entering this forum may slam atheism or defend his own theology, but why would he either slam or defend someone else's theology? What could conceivably motivate him to do that here? An alien theology is not his to defend, and slamming is obviously a task to be undertaken in the forum devoted to the obnoxious theology. Discuss Atheism is not the place for rival theologies to quarrel with one another.

I'm not at all satisfied with your explanation.

I am not satisfied either. You're a crashing bore, AKA_me. That's your biggest sin.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 9:55PM #97
Ken

Jun 10, 2012 -- 9:48PM, steven_guy wrote:

Jun 10, 2012 -- 9:11PM, Ken wrote:

I'm not at all satisfied with your explanation.

I am not satisfied either. You're a crashing bore, AKA_me. That's your biggest sin.

He does tend to drag things out inordinately. We should have been able to settle this whole business in ten posts. Giving direct answers to direct questions speeds up a discussion wonderfully.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 10:42PM #98
steven_guy

Jun 10, 2012 -- 9:55PM, Ken wrote:

He does tend to drag things out inordinately. We should have been able to settle this whole business in ten posts. Giving direct answers to direct questions speeds up a discussion wonderfully.

I still haven't got an answer about why failing to believe in God or Santa Claus is a positive belief from AKA_me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 10:43PM #99
teilhard

"All right ... !!!  This whole Skit has got just plain SILLY ... !!!  Now knock it off, or I'm going to come down on it like a Ton of Bricks ... !!!"

-- Brig. Graham Chapman, First Monty Python Brigade

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 11:09PM #100
mountain_man

Jun 10, 2012 -- 9:02PM, Aka_me wrote:

...so not knowing the prejudice guidelines meant inadvertently breaking them.

You should start by reading the TOC and ROC. If you believe they are prejudice, take that up with the owner or his representatives. Don't waste our time with it.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 10 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook