Page 2 of 28  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Next
Switch to Forum Live View most atheists are not atheist
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 10:16AM #11
intel

May 24, 2012 -- 9:59AM, Ken wrote:

May 24, 2012 -- 9:21AM, intel wrote:

May 24, 2012 -- 2:23AM, JCarlin wrote:

May 24, 2012 -- 12:12AM, steven_guy wrote:

I couldn't be arsed looking at the link he posted. Was there anything in it I should see?

It was a troll on answers.com.  Typical

A troll he may be.  And aka_me may be whatever you think as well.  But I see truth in what they said and I see it past whatever they may be. 

Then prove it. Prove that atheists are really theists who just don't like Christianity. I don't think you can.

Prove it to whom?

Of course I have the handicap of uh... personal experience.  You are not thus hindered.  Your imagination of what is real can withstand any informed statement of reality, I'm sure.

I would love for people to know what I know.  I'm just not certain if I would like them to find out how I found out.

intel
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 10:27AM #12
redshifted

May 23, 2012 -- 8:11PM, wohali wrote:

Of course, one clown posts an opinion and Aka_me is ready to proclaim that atheists aren't atheist.

But it's on Yahoo Answers, so it must be true.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 10:34AM #13
Ken

May 24, 2012 -- 10:16AM, intel wrote:

A troll he may be.  And aka_me may be whatever you think as well.  But I see truth in what they said and I see it past whatever they may be. 

Then prove it. Prove that atheists are really theists who just don't like Christianity. I don't think you can.

Prove it to whom?

To me and to anyone else reading this. You claim that most atheists are really theists who just don't like Christianity. That is a very peculiar claim, to say the least. Now you are being asked to prove it. Didn't you expect that?

Of course I have the handicap of uh... personal experience.

You've experienced being a theist who calls himself an atheist because he dislikes Christianity? Really? That's very odd. Even so, you still have to prove that most atheists fit that description.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 10:48AM #14
intel

May 24, 2012 -- 10:34AM, Ken wrote:

Prove it to whom?

To me and to anyone else reading this. You claim that most atheists are really theists who just don't like Christianity. That is a very peculiar claim, to say the least. Now you are being asked to prove it. Didn't you expect that?

Of course I have the handicap of uh... personal experience.

You've experienced being a theist who calls himself an atheist because he dislikes Christianity? Really? That's very odd. Even so, you still have to prove that most atheists fit that description.

I still see truth in what the article says.  You say then I have to prove what the title of the article proposes.  Do I?  Is this what the time, effort, and money to obtain a PhD gets you, these days? 

Somebody just can't or won't get it.  Not my problem.  Moving on...

I would love for people to know what I know.  I'm just not certain if I would like them to find out how I found out.

intel
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 10:51AM #15
Truthwillset

Even if it were a fact that atheists are more critical of Christianity than any other religion, how would that, in any way, make them less atheist?

The OP source is BS, pure and simple...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 10:59AM #16
Ken

May 24, 2012 -- 10:48AM, intel wrote:

You claim that most atheists are really theists who just don't like Christianity. That is a very peculiar claim, to say the least. Now you are being asked to prove it. Didn't you expect that?

I still see truth in what the article says.  You say then I have to prove what the title of the article proposes.  Do I?

Aka_me claims that atheists are theists who dislike Christianity. That is the "truth' being presented in this thread. You say that you see truth in this. If the truth you see isn't the truth being presented, what is it? If that truth isn't the truth you're prepared to defend, what truth are you prepared to defend?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 11:35AM #17
intel

May 24, 2012 -- 10:59AM, Ken wrote:

May 24, 2012 -- 10:48AM, intel wrote:

You claim that most atheists are really theists who just don't like Christianity. That is a very peculiar claim, to say the least. Now you are being asked to prove it. Didn't you expect that?

I still see truth in what the article says.  You say then I have to prove what the title of the article proposes.  Do I?

Aka_me claims that atheists are theists who dislike Christianity. That is the "truth' being presented in this thread. You say that you see truth in this. If the truth you see isn't the truth being presented, what is it? If that truth isn't the truth you're prepared to defend, what truth are you prepared to defend?

Unlike you, I don't think truth, itself, needs defense, let alone my stance that "I see truth in" something.  But to help you out, I notice that there is a considerable amount who consider atheism and a narrowminded opposition to what little they know about the religion of their birth which in this context and area happen to be some currently popular, commercialized, fanbase of Jesus called "Christianity" is on par.  When in reality they are just arguing against belief in the concept of God thus described, imagining that this is the same thing as arguing against the existence of God.  So if someone like Aka_me indicates that they are just theists who haven't found their God (re)presented to them, yet.  I would tend to agree.  The borderline obsession with the subject that I observe here, is reinforcing my tendency to agree.

Next question.

intel
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 11:55AM #18
wohali

I've yet to see an atheist post here that gods don't exist except for non-abrahamic gods.........

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 11:58AM #19
intel

May 24, 2012 -- 11:55AM, wohali wrote:

I've yet to see an atheist post here that gods don't exist except for non-abrahamic gods.........

I knew some head would submit something like that.  Very predictable.  There is a difference between the EXplicit and the IMplicit..that is, what is articulated and the underlying implications.

intel
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 12:05PM #20
Truthwillset

Can you be atheist AND strongly averse to Christianity or are the two mutually exclusive?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 28  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook