Switch to Forum Live View Praying for Marriages
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:05PM #1
Virtuous1
Lord God so many people marriages are ending in divorced and I pray that they will make You the center of their marriages. I pray that they don't give up to quickly in their marriage but that they will do what it takes to keep the marriage going.

When I speak to people and they tell me they've been married for 75 years the first thing I ask them is "how do you do it" and what I hear them say is we communicate. Marriage is a blessing and to be married and to love your spouse for so many years is truly a miracle.

Lord I pray that peace and harmony enters the marriage I pray that both parties stop the blaming game and begin to take accountability on their part. Let them go back to those days of Loving one another and remove the selfishness and pride from their hearts. AMEN
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint...Isaiah 40:31
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 1:28AM #2
Estacia

I am 32 and have been married 2 times once @ 16 and 25 - still currently married.

I have wondered why marriages are on the fall? I belelieve in this day and age it seems easier to divorce than to work it out.

I believe that some people feel just that way. If it does not work out I will juist divorce.

I also believe that why two can no longer work it out/exausted all resources... It is time to move on.

Sometimes that may just be that case.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 6:17PM #3
freeindeed789

H. Norman wrote a book; the title is "Quiet Times For couples, A Daily Devotional". I recommend it. By the grace of God, it will strengten your relationship, and bring joy back into your life.Smile

Be blessed

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 5:02PM #4
Anniesheart2

I believe that we live in a disposable world now, and it is easier to discard items and buy new ones, rather than make do with what you have or fix it. If a person really looks deep inside, they will find that the their strengths and stamina are far greater than thought. Dig deep, pray, and you will also find your weaknesses, your roadblocks, and then you will be able to find ways to increase your ability to fix what is wrong. It is not easy, it is not foolproof, as we are human, but it is possible when you have the desire to make it work. 

God is the common thing among all, and our ability to live a life with and in happiness, joy, peace and love.

Anniesheart2
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2012 - 5:32PM #5
freeindeed789

Relationships are complicated. You have to do a lot of assessing of situations, and ultimately make choices, of actions, and responses. We as human beings are different in how we are affected by situations. At times, we address "situations", when we should ask God to show us what to do, then follow God's recommendations. Everyone speaks of forgiveness, but few really practice it the way it would be rewarding in our souls and in our lives. Quick exits, don't usually get rid of the problems. We would best learn, how to patiently weather the storms of marriage. Because, as it says in the word, "this too shall pass". If we weather some of the.... "THATS IT, I'M" gone moments, maybe more marriages would survive.

Be Blessed, AlwaysSmile

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 months ago  ::  Jan 20, 2014 - 1:47AM #6
Ms.maryb
I was single 40 years and decided through prayer on my wedding day,10 years ago, out was truly God telling me, "this is your mate"...I had terminated 3 engagement because of fear.That was revealed to me through the marriage I witness, including my parents ( 58 years).

Nevertheless, this time it was God making the final decision in my heart and mind. Which I have doubted many times my ability to do HIS will, decided to give up the challenge and disappointed myself.since I knew God was the glue to all the  relationships that worked  out and I refuse to let HIS most sacred challenge be overlooked.

I pray, hope and believe that this reality will become trustworthy to others that step out of singleness into togetheness also.~    understanding their final decisions must be theirs...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 months ago  ::  Feb 08, 2014 - 4:31PM #7
REteach

I do not believe that someone should remain married to someone who is abusive or whose addictions can lead to dangerous situations.  Do not assume that everyone who seeks a divorce is simply too impatient to work things out. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook