Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Atheists' preferred president?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 12:12PM #11
Eudaimonist

Who do you think should be should be the next president?

I'd like Gary Johnson to win.

Who do you think will win the next presidential election?

It's too early to say.  Possibly Ron Paul, which wouldn't be ideal, but would be better than any of the other guys except for Gary Johnson.

But how do atheists and anyone else here feel?

Obama is taking the nation in a bad direction.  But then so would Santorum, Romney, or Gingrich.

Ron Paul isn't perfect, but I think he is mostly headed in the right direction.  Gary Johnson is at least 90% headed in the right direction.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 1:21PM #12
farragut

i'd prefer Frank Lovell, but he doesn't have a chance.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 2:23PM #13
mountain_man

Apr 16, 2012 -- 12:12PM, Eudaimonist wrote:

Ron Paul isn't perfect, but I think he is mostly headed in the right direction.  Gary Johnson is at least 90% headed in the right direction.

Ron Paul's foreign policy is alright. His naive economic policies would make the predictions in the movie "Metropolis" come true. The same for Johnson.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 3:56PM #14
Ken

Apr 16, 2012 -- 1:21PM, farragut wrote:

i'd prefer Frank Lovell, but he doesn't have a chance.

The only Frank Lovell I've heard of is a Trotskyist who died in 1998.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 3:59PM #15
farragut

Wrong one. Frank is the epitome of a reasonable atheist conservative, and a scientist by occupation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 4:23PM #16
redshifted

Most libertarians I run into don't seem to care much about the environment. They all seem to think global warming is a hoax, along with their republican cousins. That's the main reason I would never vote for them. Although, the democrats haven't done much about climate change either. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 6:18PM #17
Ken

Apr 16, 2012 -- 4:23PM, redshifted wrote:

Most libertarians I run into don't seem to care much about the environment. They all seem to think global warming is a hoax, along with their republican cousins. That's the main reason I would never vote for them. Although, the democrats haven't done much about climate change either. 

They needn't bother. It's already too late.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 6:50PM #18
redshifted

Apr 16, 2012 -- 6:18PM, Ken wrote:

It's probably already too late to stop certain horrible consequences, but we could still do something to quell really horrible consequences. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 7:08PM #19
steven_guy

Apr 16, 2012 -- 6:50PM, redshifted wrote:

Apr 16, 2012 -- 6:18PM, Ken wrote:

It's probably already too late to stop certain horrible consequences, but we could still do something to quell really horrible consequences. 

I am thinking of moving to Svalbard. Longyearbyen looks rather pretty in summer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 8:04PM #20
mountain_man

Apr 16, 2012 -- 3:59PM, farragut wrote:

Wrong one. Frank is the epitome of a reasonable atheist conservative, and a scientist by occupation.

Not really. He's a Libertarian and would bring about the ruin if this country a bit sooner than the Republicans would.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook