Switch to Forum Live View Wow! this place is really dead.
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 12:02PM #1
weirdfaery
When I was new to paganism, b-net was the first site I joined. It was full of fun knowledgable people who made me feel at home. It was a safe place for a  mildly fluffy n00b. I really makes me sad to see the place  so abandoned. Can we bring this place back to life and be there for any new Pagans who come looking for answers and fellowship?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 9:41AM #2
gorm-sionnach

Mar 30, 2012 -- 12:02PM, weirdfaery wrote:

When I was new to paganism, b-net was the first site I joined. It was full of fun knowledgable people who made me feel at home. It was a safe place for a  mildly fluffy n00b. I really makes me sad to see the place  so abandoned. Can we bring this place back to life and be there for any new Pagans who come looking for answers and fellowship?

Nope, most of the folks who made the Paganism board decent have moved onto other forums, so there are just a few of us who post with any regularity, and then in fits and spurts. Most of it has to do with the last reboot of the bnet forums, but some folks have other priorities as well.

As I said, there are still a few of us who post when someone askes a question, or the possibility for a discussion creeps in. To the extent that this forums was a feasible place for "fellowship", it wasn't, really. Difficult for fellowship when such disparate religions all congregate into one place. Folks looking for electronic fellowship would be better served searching for religion or tradition specific forums where they may offer such. Not that communicating with other Pagans doesn't have its value, but I'm not sure that fellowship is the best term for it.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 4:50PM #3
weirdfaery

Yeah, I got feed up with all the changes and with the ptb letting fundies hijack the forum. I was hoping to give the place another chance.

I knew fellowship was the wrong phrase when I used it. I meant more along the lines livey concersation. Embarassed

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 5:27PM #4
gorm-sionnach

Well, one can try on the conversations... just not sure how "lively" it will get.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 5:54PM #5
weirdfaery

Sadly, I don't think this place will ever be what is was on the old boards.Cry

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 11:01AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje

In some ways, that's for the better. I remember dreadful flame wars in the old days! I think that moderation nowadays is more consistent and less pig-headed or downright partisan than it was.

But yeah, whole boards full of people who had previously engaged in banter--just emigrated en masse!

So I suppose it's a lot quieter than it was. That has pluses and minuses. Discussion and expression cannot be as free, open and honest as it was. Then again, having whole pages of posts wrenched just because the moderator had an opposing political view, Surprised is mostly a thing of the past!

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Dec 26, 2013 - 1:38PM #7
Freestyle

Mar 30, 2012 -- 12:02PM, weirdfaery wrote:

Trust me, there are plenty of Pagan communtiy sites that are like the one you participated in.  It's just that you would have to do some treasure henting in order to find the right one.  Some online Pagan communities are really charliatans made by college students, so if there is any online communities that berates the other world religions, then avoid it.  There are good Pagan sites out there, so please be smart when looking for one.

Blessed be.

Mew Xacata

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 months ago  ::  Dec 28, 2013 - 10:54AM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Freestyle:

What inspired you to hop on this site and post a lot?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook