Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View American Islamic Leadership Coalition
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 7:24AM #21
BDboy

Mar 9, 2012 -- 3:37PM, Ibn wrote:

Mar 8, 2012 -- 2:35PM, Miraj wrote:

He once kicked me out a progressive Muslims group that I and a few other Bnet Muslims belonged to for expressing the opinion that a Muslim must believe in God.  I was told that my attitude toward "atheist Muslims" was unacceptable to progressives.  So much for free speech and not being an ideologue lol.

O.M.G. are there some "atheist Muslims" in America?

>>>>>>>>>> It is quite a OK for me to know there are non-practicing Muslims in America and rest of the "Muslim world".

However it becomes deceitful when some of them claim to speak on our behalf. This is clearly cheating Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Like the guy who went and spoke on behalf of "American Muslims" in the US congress. Guess you have to blame the congressman who picked this guy. What a waste of tax payers money!!

It is an insult to thousands of Muslim service men and women who put their lives in danger in keep America safe (We have some of them as B-net members) and it is also insults those dedicated Mosque leaders who regularly take risks to inform FBI and police when anything unusual happens in the community. It is sad those "Great American Muslims" don't have a voice in front of US congress. Instead a clown was picked to speak on our behalf.

No wonder US demoestic and foreign policies are so inaccurate. It has been hijacked by special interest and idealouges for years.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 2:17PM #22
Ibn

Mar 10, 2012 -- 3:25AM, Lilwabbit wrote:

Mar 10, 2012 -- 3:10AM, Ibn wrote:

[9.108] Never stand in it; certainly a masjid founded on piety from the very first day is more deserving that you should stand in it; in it are men who love that they should be purified; and  Allah loves those who purify themselves.

Thank you Ibn for this beautiful verse. Wishing you a great day!

Your friend Kimberly

Dear friend Kimberly,

I am not sure whether you are aware of the background to the verses 9:107 and 9:108.

There were some "Muslims" (hypocrites) in Madina who were claiming to be "Muslims" when with Muslims but were planning to devide Muslims when not with them. A masjid was built just for this purpose. These two verses were revealed during that time and the masjid was demolished on the order of the prophet Muhammad, exposing the designs of the hypocrites.

The verses are beautiful because through it we are guided to stand along the truthful Muslims rather any who call themselves "Muslims" but deep down are hypocrites and in name only "Muslims". It also tells us that the masjid should be used for purifying ourselves rather than for any impure activity.

Kind regards

Ibn

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook