3 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2012 - 1:08PM #1
holylife
One important of the government is healthcare for all individuals lliving in the U.S. including insurance coverage, medicare and medicade.  The Catholic church should stop their cmpaign against the actions of out government.  I believe it is a way for the church to take attention off their cover-up of child abuse in the church that has been going on for years.  Ninety per cent of Catholic women, child bearing age, take birth contro pills against church teachings.  The present issue is a healthcare program. It has nothing to do with the seperation between the church and state as provided in the Constitution.  It is much to do over nothing. The President changed his position in favor of the Catholic church. As a Catholic for 75 years and a member of the GOP I think the church should accept his new position.  The news media did not help as usual. They want to sell advertisement to carry on with thir business. Corporate Social Responsibility is not on their agenda. Free-market capitalism is alive and well in our country. We don't need any more "crony" capitalism in the U.S. We all have a esponsibility to society. It is time we respect responsible acts of government.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 9:57AM #2
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Wow, you're all over the map there. 

Feb 15, 2012 -- 1:08PM, holylife wrote:

One important of the government is healthcare for all individuals lliving in the U.S. including insurance coverage, medicare and medicade.

Let me just get this out.  I do feel that all persons everywhere should have access to adequate healthcare.  However, is it the governments job to supply it? 

The Catholic church should stop their cmpaign against the actions of out government.

Why?  As much as I don't agree with them, it is their right to protest actions that they see fit. 

I believe it is a way for the church to take attention off their cover-up of child abuse in the church that has been going on for years.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. 

Ninety per cent of Catholic women, child bearing age, take birth contro pills against church teachings.

So?  How many Jews keep kosher?  If they have an issue within the Catholic church of people not following the teachings that is one thing, but I don't see on how that matters here. 

The present issue is a healthcare program. It has nothing to do with the seperation between the church and state as provided in the Constitution.

It is government dictating to a religious organization that they must not only allow but pay for something that goes against the teachings.  The idea of separation of church and state protects churches as much as it protects the state and individual. 

It is much to do over nothing.

Well, people like to get worked up over things. 

The President changed his position in favor of the Catholic church.

You think that is "in favor"?  It's a shell game. 

As a Catholic for 75 years and a member of the GOP I think the church should accept his new position.

As someone who was raised Catholic, left the Catholic Church, became pagan, and even agrees with the idea that contraceptive measures should be available to all who want them, I have to say, I don't.  I don't agree that the way to get people to do something is to mandate the action. 

The news media did not help as usual. They want to sell advertisement to carry on with thir business. Corporate Social Responsibility is not on their agenda. Free-market capitalism is alive and well in our country. We don't need any more "crony" capitalism in the U.S. We all have a esponsibility to society. It is time we respect responsible acts of government.

"Responsible acts of government".  Boy, that is a mouthful.  So what exactly are "responsible acts of government", and what makes one act responsible, and another the actions of a nanny state dictating how individuals or groups of individuals should treat others?  What is over stepping their bounds? 

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 10:25AM #3
allthegoodnamesweretaken

To say whether an action of government is "responsible" or not, we should not use how much we agree with the action as a guide, but whether or not the area is one that government should be messing with in the first place. 

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 12:14PM #4
holylife

Yes, you are entitled to your own opinions. Who is forcing you to accept my post?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 10:54PM #5
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Feb 18, 2012 -- 12:14PM, holylife wrote:

Yes, you are entitled to your own opinions. Who is forcing you to accept my post?

This isn't a blog, it's a discussion board.  If you didn't want to discuss, why did you post here?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 9:01AM #6
holylife

To give people like you something to think about as the truth about the  issue on the table.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 12:43PM #7
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Feb 19, 2012 -- 9:01AM, holylife wrote:

To give people like you something to think about as the truth about the  issue on the table.

IMO, the truth of this issue is whether or not we think that this is something that the government should be meddling with in the first place. 

I have to admit, there are a lot of things that I feel would be nice to have, and have taken care of for me.  I value the freedom provided by the constitution to this day, and feel much more attachment to the ideals that this country was founded upon though. 

In the end, I feel that if we allow ourselves to give up our ideals in order to recieve gifts, we will end up finding that we have nothing, and are living in a nanny state. 

As I said before, I do feel that all individuals should have access to healthcare, I just don't feel it is governments job to provide it, or dictate what kinds of healthcare non-government entities should provide. 

And just for the record, I have thought about it.  I just disagree with you. 

all

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook