Page 5 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Separation of church and state.
3 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2012 - 10:37PM #41
teilhard

As a Catholic Christian Clergy who is a Member of The "Lutheran" Reform Movement, my own Preference and Practice is to try to remain as Faithful as I can, while calling for Reforms, and remaining both humble and respectful ...

Feb 11, 2012 -- 5:00PM, Marcion wrote:

Feb 11, 2012 -- 11:19AM, teilhard wrote:

Anti-Catholic Bigotry is alive in the Pages of Belief-Net ...

You're right, I went from devout catholic, to doubting catholic, to ex catholic, to anti-Vatican.

I don't appreciate the bigotry part.

My anti-catholicism stems from knowledge not from ignorant bigotry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2012 - 11:48PM #42
jane2

Feb 11, 2012 -- 10:37PM, teilhard wrote:

As a Catholic Christian Clergy who is a Member of The "Lutheran" Reform Movement, my own Preference and Practice is to try to remain as Faithful as I can, while calling for Reforms, and remaining both humble and respectful ...

You're right, I went from devout catholic, to doubting catholic, to ex catholic, to anti-Vatican.

I never worry about bigots. They live in their own world.

No one has ever tried anti-Catholicism on me--very well educated in the theology and philosophy and out of there big time under the current regime in Rome.

I was baptized when I was four days old into the RCC but my family was tres intellectual and broadminded. And Catholics ran the city in which I was raised. Jewish families also were prominent. We had a token Proddy, Episcopal mayor.

I''ve lived in evangelical land here in the South for 30+ years. My approach is always what unites us, not what divides us.

I think the Catholic bishops over-stepped on insurance policy, especially Tim Dolan. Rome may want this mid-westerner in NY but he will never fit there. For pete's sake he prefers beer to Scotch--that will never play...............;).....sort of.

Down here in the South, my teen Methodist granddaughter told me she favors Methodists  and Catholics.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 8:14AM #43
Marcion

Feb 11, 2012 -- 11:48PM, jane2 wrote:

No one has ever tried anti-Catholicism on me--very well educated in the theology and philosophy and out of there big time under the current regime in Rome.

I was baptized when I was four days old into the RCC but my family was tres intellectual and broadminded. And Catholics ran the city in which I was raised. Jewish families also were prominent. We had a token Proddy, Episcopal mayor.

I''ve lived in evangelical land here in the South for 30+ years. My approach is always what unites us, not what divides us.

I think the Catholic bishops over-stepped on insurance policy, especially Tim Dolan. Rome may want this mid-westerner in NY but he will never fit there. For pete's sake he prefers beer to Scotch--that will never play...............;).....sort of.

Down here in the South, my teen Methodist granddaughter told me she favors Methodists  and Catholics.

I would wager that I am better educated in catholicism  than you, so pliase spare me the patronizing attitude.

If you research the history of the RCC you will find periods in history where the church behaved worse than Nazi Germany - and all this in the name of Jesus Christ.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 8:49AM #44
Ken

Feb 11, 2012 -- 3:06PM, Rgurley4 wrote:

The "WALL" was not created by Jefferson!

It was created by a succession of federal and state court cases that stretched the 1st Amendment beyond its clear words and intent.

I don't care who created it. Separation of church and state is now the law of the land. Anyone who wishes to change it does so for sinister reasons.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 10:39AM #45
teilhard

100.00% of Roman Catholics -- Laity, Clergy, Bishops, and even The Pope -- are SINNERS ... What we are NOT is Self-Righteous ...

Feb 12, 2012 -- 8:14AM, Marcion wrote:

I would wager that I am better educated in catholicism  than you, so pliase spare me the patronizing attitude.

If you research the history of the RCC you will find periods in history where the church behaved worse than Nazi Germany - and all this in the name of Jesus Christ.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 10:44AM #46
Ken

Feb 12, 2012 -- 10:39AM, teilhard wrote:

100.00% of Roman Catholics -- Laity, Clergy, Bishops, and even The Pope -- are SINNERS ...

That's no good. Don't you think they should stop? After all, that's what Jesus told them to do. He didn't say "You're all sinners and there's nothing you can do about it."

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 12:36PM #47
Marcion

Feb 12, 2012 -- 10:39AM, teilhard wrote:

100.00% of Roman Catholics -- Laity, Clergy, Bishops, and even The Pope -- are SINNERS ... What we are NOT is Self-Righteous ...

Feb 12, 2012 -- 8:14AM, Marcion wrote:

Catholics need to learn the difference between piety and piousity!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2012 - 5:05PM #48
teilhard

Really ... ???  

100.00% of "them," or ... ???

Do you have a List of their Names ... ???

Feb 12, 2012 -- 12:36PM, Marcion wrote:

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 1:13AM #49
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2012 - 11:05AM #50
Do_unto_others

Feb 13, 2012 -- 5:05PM, teilhard wrote:

Really ... ???  

100.00% of "them," or ... ???

Do you have a List of their Names ... ???

Feb 12, 2012 -- 12:36PM, Marcion wrote:

The FIRST name on the list should be Rick Sanctorum's.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook