3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 10:28AM #1
sydkitty
Hi everyone. I was brought up in a baptist church as a child and needless to say the whole burning in hell scared the crap out of me. When I was a teen I found out that a friend of mine was pagen. Her mom explained to me what it was that they believed. Now that I am older I have done some looking into this on my own and I think it all makes alot more since to me. Any advice on how to begin practicing pagenism or wicca? also would someone please explain the differences.THANKS!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 9:07PM #2
gorm-sionnach

Nov 15, 2011 -- 10:28AM, sydkitty wrote:

Hi everyone. I was brought up in a baptist church as a child and needless to say the whole burning in hell scared the crap out of me. When I was a teen I found out that a friend of mine was pagen. Her mom explained to me what it was that they believed. Now that I am older I have done some looking into this on my own and I think it all makes alot more since to me. Any advice on how to begin practicing pagenism or wicca? also would someone please explain the differences.THANKS!!!

Wicca is a specific religion. Paganism is a loose conglomerate of religions, including Wicca, which more or less share a similar developmental history, and a tendency to a revival of the worship of pre-Christian deities, often (but not exclusively) in a polytheistic context.

If you want some advice on Wicca, I would suggest posting an inquiry on the Wicca board.

Paganism is, as I alluded to above, a very diverse grouping of different religions. So where to start is going to be dependent upon which of the Pagan... "paths" you are interested in learning about.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 9:23PM #3
sydkitty
Thank you so much! I will be sure to check into that also. I am just beginning my search so maybe I will find my way. Thanks again!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 10:23PM #4
gorm-sionnach

Good Luck to you.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2011 - 8:43AM #5
christine3

Nov 15, 2011 -- 10:28AM, sydkitty wrote:

Well in my opinion, you can look into earth-based, or even native american...anything with appreciation of earth.  As you said, if raised in religion (in your case Baptist), a lot of unnecessary worshipping and superstitions and ritual and fear-based.  Not necessary with earth-based, just appreciation and caring for the earth.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook