Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why Comedians don't do Muslim Jokes
3 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2011 - 9:46AM #1
4thagold
Salaam,
This made me laugh so I thought I may share it with you guys. Probably the most logical reason why comedians don't do muslim jokes.  

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkuWf6IDZY&feat...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2011 - 11:08AM #2
Lilwabbit

Howdy!

Thanks for this. :)

Omid Djalili (a Bahá'í) jokes about the Middle East a lot. Particularly Iran. Here's one where he explores interfaith dialogue as a means of conflict-resolution.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDlvawjV1A&feat...

Cheers,

LilWabbit

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2011 - 12:25PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Both of those were great - thanks

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2011 - 9:42AM #4
Lilwabbit

Iran and America by Omid Djalili. ;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOI5K8E7WQ&feat...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2011 - 12:31PM #5
Idbc

Howdy Buddy

I found all the links on youtube by Omid Djalili to be funny. 

I never heard of him before so I asked god about him

God told me:

www.answers.com/topic/omid-djalili

I see that he was born in the U.K. and his parents were from Iran but I don't know if he is Bahai or Muslim.  I would suspect that he is Bahai. 

The subject of the thread however "Why Comedians don't do Muslim Jokes", so I would like to discuss that subject. 

The first question that occurs to me is wether or not comedians do or don't do Muslim jokes.

I would suspect that there are some comedians who do Muslim jokes. 

I also suspect that comedians, wether Non-Muslim or Muslim would be less inhibited telling these jokes in "the west" then they would in "the east". 

I am very certain that Omid would not...go over well in Iran. 

Would you agree with my suspicions? 

I also think that there would be less objections to telling jokes about "Muslims" then there would be to telling jokes about "Islam" or the "Quran" or "Muhammad".

What do you think?

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2011 - 12:50PM #6
Lilwabbit

Salutations from Kimberly,

Nov 5, 2011 -- 12:31PM, Idbc wrote:

Howdy Buddy

I found all the links on youtube by Omid Djalili to be funny. 

I never heard of him before so I asked god about him

God told me:

www.answers.com/topic/omid-djalili

You and God seem to hit it off like bros. What's your secret?

I see that he was born in the U.K. and his parents were from Iran but I don't know if he is Bahai or Muslim.  I would suspect that he is Bahai.

He is. 

I am very certain that Omid would not...go over well in Iran.

Would you agree with my suspicions?

Most certainly. And as you may have noticed, he doesn't make jokes about Muslims nor Islam, but of Iran.

I also think that there would be less objections to telling jokes about "Muslims" then there would be to telling jokes about "Islam" or the "Quran" or "Muhammad".

What do you think?

Probably, although as far as the reception goes, many are likely to take such jokes as poking fun at Islam. Religious jokes work the best when they are made by (a) religionists themselves and (b) in a manner that pokes fun at religious stereotypes of more than one religion equally (like the first joke of Djalili on this thread).

Best,

Kim

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2011 - 6:08PM #7
Kemmer

I also think that there would be less objections to telling jokes about "Muslims" then there would be to telling jokes about "Islam" or the "Quran" or "Muhammad".   What do you think?

I think it best to leave the subject completely alone, if you don't want death-fatwas flung at you from left, right, and center.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2011 - 1:46AM #8
Miraj

A man is taking a walk in Central park in New York. Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a pit bull dog . He runs over and starts fighting with the dog. He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the girl's life.

A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says: "You are a hero, tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers: "Brave New Yorker saves the life of little girl" The man says: - "But I am not a New Yorker!" "Oh ,then it will say in newspapers in the morning: 'Brave American saves life of little girl'" – the policeman answers. "But I am not an American!" – says the man. "Oh, what are you then? " The man says: - "I am a Saudi !" The next day the newspapers says: "Islamic extremist kills innocent American dog.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2011 - 4:01PM #9
Ibn

Laughing

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2011 - 2:42PM #10
Idbc

A man is taking a walk in . Suddenly he sees a littlthe Gaza strip girl being attacked by a pit bull dog . He runs over and starts fighting with the dog. He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the girl's life.

A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says: "You are a hero, tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers: "Brave Palestian saves the life of little girl" The man says: - "But I am not a Palestinian.!" "Oh ,then it will say in newspapers in the morning: 'Brave Arab saves life of little girl'" – the policeman answers. "But I am not an Arab!" – says the man. "Oh, what are you then? " The man says: - "I am an Israeli!" The next day the newspapers says: "Zionist extremist kills innocent Palestinian dog.  Wink

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook