Switch to Forum Live View Community forums vs. Debate boards.
3 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 8:12PM #1
JCarlin

Oct 8, 2011 -- 6:30PM, Ken wrote:

I wish I could agree that moving this thread to a dead forum...

One of the reasons that this forum is less active is that some members try to turn the debate forums into community forums.  Many discussions and subthreads on DA should be here and we would have much less posting about theists not understanding the topic.  And incidentally less gang deletes.  

J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 8:25PM #2
Ken

Oct 8, 2011 -- 8:12PM, JCarlin wrote:

Oct 8, 2011 -- 6:30PM, Ken wrote:

I wish I could agree that moving this thread to a dead forum...

One of the reasons that this forum is less active is that some members try to turn the debate forums into community forums.  Many discussions and subthreads on DA should be here and we would have much less posting about theists not understanding the topic.    

It's too late for that. When a forum has been dead too long, nobody bothers to check it for recent posts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 11:11PM #3
JCarlin

Oct 8, 2011 -- 8:25PM, Ken wrote:

It's too late for that. When a forum has been dead too long, nobody bothers to check it for recent posts.

Well you have three choices.

1. Whinge

2. Subscirbe to interesting threads.

3. Bookmark the board like everybody else does.   

J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2011 - 2:56PM #4
costrel

I recall that this atheist community board was a pretty lively place 6 to 7 years ago, during the heyday of the vintage yellow boards. I also recall another excellent board from that time, "Learn about Atheism." During the yellow board era, all of the different atheist boards (and perhaps also the agnostic and secular philosophies boards as well) were listed with hyperlinks near the top of the page, so one could easily click back and forth between the different threads rather than having to visit a separate "Faiths & Beliefs: Communities" category on the "Forums" page as we have to do now. I don't recall what the situation was like during Beliefnet 2.0 (or what I fondly remember as the blue boards with the little green lights that let people know who was and was not logged on), so I don't know if this atheist community board died during Beliefnet 2.0 or during Beliefnet 3.0 (this current white and orange monstrosity that makes the typed text look like rabbit pellets in a snowstorm), or even when the "Learn about Atheism" board disappeared into the mists of time. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2011 - 3:29PM #5
Ken

Oct 8, 2011 -- 11:11PM, JCarlin wrote:

Oct 8, 2011 -- 8:25PM, Ken wrote:

Well you have three choices.

1. Whinge

2. Subscirbe to interesting threads.

3. Bookmark the board like everybody else does.   

There's a fourth choice: don't bother to check it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2011 - 11:36AM #6
Jcarlinbn

Oct 12, 2011 -- 2:56PM, costrel wrote:

During the yellow board era, all of the different atheist boards (and perhaps also the agnostic and secular philosophies boards as well) were listed with hyperlinks near the top of the page, so one could easily click back and forth between the different threads

Thanks for the reminder, I have now included links to this board,  Welcome and Agnostic threads in the Guidelines thread on Discuss Atheism as that is the most active board.   

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2011 - 5:19PM #7
CKM1980

It's sad that this forum is basically dead.  I'm doing my part here to get it going again.  :-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2011 - 7:57PM #8
BillThinks4Himself

Let's breathe some life into it.  This is our moment.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook