Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View General questions...
3 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2011 - 10:37PM #1
matica
Should non productive american citizens be forced to die so we do not have to take care of them?

Was there a health care insurance system when Jesus healed?

Should profits and shareholder dividends have precident over life?

Did Jesus teach financial profits were more important than healing?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2011 - 10:48PM #2
jonny42

Sep 20, 2011 -- 10:37PM, matica wrote:

Should non productive american citizens be forced to die so we do not have to take care of them?

I'm grateful for those who have used their profits and dividends to employ intelligent, hard working people who have invented all kinds of medical devices and medicines to aid in healing for myself and billions of others.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2011 - 11:52PM #3
davelaw40

scripture says everyone should care for their own relatives

anyone that refuses to care for their own is worse than an infidel

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2011 - 9:31AM #4
koolpoi

Sep 20, 2011 -- 11:52PM, davelaw40 wrote:

scripture says everyone should care for their own relatives

anyone that refuses to care for their own is worse than an infidel

But what if the relatives are unable to help or if there are no relatives?Are we our brothers' and sisters' keepers in those cases?I recently saw a video clip from a Republican presidential candidate debate in which many in the audience seemed to favor letting a sick individual die because he didn't have health insurance.I understand that this is the US system but I was surprised at the unabashed pride the audience members seemed to take in allowing someone to die because he lacked money or insurance,especially since the US is the most Christian country in the developed world.I cannot imagine Jesus approving of that audience's attitude.How do you think He would have reacted had He been there?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2011 - 10:24AM #5
Iwantamotto

I think two different types of people keep getting confused for being the same thing:  the disabled (through sickness or whatever) and the lazy.  I'm more inclined to help the former ... but ...

a part of me asks if the lazy ones have been properly assessed to determine the issues involved.  Have they tried and tried and others simply have no use for them?  Have they been raised to believe that they don't have to lift a finger (by society or their parents, since the US likes to worship those who sit out on the golf course all day long and act like they're running a company)?  Are they actually having some sort of physical reason that has gone undiagnosed (God forbid we actually seek to find the real problem!)?

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2011 - 11:46AM #6
Utilyan

As a proffessional freeloader, moocher.........

We lazy folks trust God ..........apparently "too much".

I mean we could  :::shudder::: ww--- wwwaaa -----wwwwwooorrrrrr.........wooooorooroorrrrrrK.

I don't approve of slavery,    The prison bars and chains is properties n' stuff.....     Its slavery gone from just having the dog chained......to having it trained with dog treats.

We are not even allowed to own anything here in the "land of the free".

Buy a piece of land..... you got to still continuously pay for it ,  taxes....   its never yours......   its like a communist system dressed as a democracy acting like a republic who hates communist.

The curtain.......its better then an iron curtain.....

We the lazy....... without us there would be no remote controls, no cell phones,  no wireless systems.      We further technology.

We the lazy are the source of complete rebellion against all forms of slavery.

We are greatly feared by workaholic crowd pleasers.    Greatly feared by WINaholics.   

My sister said once......God only helps lazy people.

Crowd pleaser n' WINaholics.......thats were nazis n' stuff come from.    Folks can't even think for themselves.

Theres a thing you ought to know bout us lazy people..........    We are fully trained Jedi Ninja Assassins.....   Do you realey want us to get back to work anyways?

The real trouble is folks who blame.   The folks who want to round up somebody else.

You can try going in this lazy-people concentration camp  sort of direction.       Lazy people in large concentrations can be  quite dangerous.    Because Lazy people can band together instantly,  plan instantly together, and execute..........execute? ........oh shit! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2011 - 12:08PM #7
Ed.W

Show me where these uninsured are left to die... Where exactly do they go?

We do take care of them.  What do you think an $80,000 ankle resetting, or a $500,000 ER bill, or a $1,000 tetanus shot is all about? 

These high bills for those willing to pay are inflated to try and recoup write-offs of bills not paid.  If a broke, uninsured person goes to the ER with a cough (as they are known to do), and if they get the bad news that it's lung cancer, treatment is going to start.  They are not going to be sent home to die.

The insurance companies grudgingly pay these inflated fees and not so grudgingly raise premiums.  So those with insurance are paying for those who do not have insurance. 

google indigent care.  It's everywhere.

We therefore have national healthcare.  What you want is national health coverage, which is just you wanting someone else to pay your insurance for you so you can buy a jet ski.  Sorry.

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2011 - 12:37PM #8
tfvespasianus

Sep 21, 2011 -- 12:08PM, Ed.W wrote:

It is true that emergency  room care for things that could be treated less expensively by other means is  inefficient.

I don't think it is true  that emergency room care constitutes 'health care' in the sense that people with  insurance (or a great deal of money) have health care. Many common conditions  are both chronic and life-threatening. Symptoms of many of these conditions  could lead to acute episodes which could be treated via emergency room, but  management of the overall condition will not be provided. For example, type 1  diabetes, if untreated will lead to hyperglycemia which can lead to blindness,  amputation, and eventually death. Hypoglycemia can be treated via insulin, but  blood sugar levels will rise again within a short time  period.

In any case, as far as the  'show me' part, a recent Harvard study estimated that approximately >44,000  deaths per year are associated with lack of health  insurance.
Ubi solitudinem faciunt pacem appellant - Tacitus
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2011 - 4:24PM #9
matica

Sep 21, 2011 -- 12:08PM, Ed.W wrote:

We do take care of them.  What do you think an $80,000 ankle resetting, or a $500,000 ER bill, or a $1,000 tetanus shot is all about? 

These high bills for those willing to pay are inflated to try and recoup write-offs of bills not paid.  If a broke, uninsured person goes to the ER with a cough (as they are known to do), and if they get the bad news that it's lung cancer, treatment is going to start.  They are not going to be sent home to die.

The insurance companies grudgingly pay these inflated fees and not so grudgingly raise premiums.  So those with insurance are paying for those who do not have insurance. 

google indigent care.  It's everywhere.

We therefore have national healthcare.  What you want is national health coverage, which is just you wanting someone else to pay your insurance for you so you can buy a jet ski.  Sorry.

So you a christian believe someone with MS, or downs syndrome or any other form of permanent disabillity, (esp. the one's where they are wheel chair bound their entire lives)....are a burden on those of us who are able to pay.

I take it then these people should just die, they are such a burden on the poor christians. And all those hundreds of thousands of people who are care givers are all the sudden out of a job, well too bad, they are just gonna have to starve and die themselves because most american jobs are going to other countries.

I don't care too much for jet ski's, but it sounds like christians are pissed off because they can't buy one, a small fraction of their finances goes towards giving a quality of life to others.

I wonder if Christians in other parts of the world hate their national health care just as much as american christians do?

I am soooooo glad I'm not a hateful christian anymore.

Up until Obama Care if someone got diagnosed with lung cancer, a lot of times their insurance coverage was pulled.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2011 - 4:46PM #10
Ed.W

Sep 21, 2011 -- 4:24PM, matica wrote:

So you a christian believe someone with MS, or downs syndrome or  any other form of permanent disabillity, (esp. the one's where they are  wheel chair bound their entire lives)[....] should just die,

No.  I don't know how you draw such conclusions.

I guess it's your need to feel like you're morally superior.

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook