Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Christian fundamentalists: the national threat
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 10:09AM #1
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Lest we forget.

The suspect has been called a "right-wing Christian fundamentalist," a description of a large segment of people, most of whom do not share such hateful and violent beliefs as Breivik does.

What is troubling is the denial in this country that such a segment of people could be a threat to our own national security.

Breivik's manifesto, a weighty tome written before his rampage, directly quotes many publications and people heavily involved in the right-wing extremist groups in the U.S.

If a man as far away as Norway could be inspired (or more accurately, corrupted) by such hateful speech, it only seems likely that people could be equally affected in the United States.

In 2009, the Department of Homeland Security released a report addressing the threat right-wing extremists posed to the security of our nation. The report on domestic terrorism included many right-wing groups

www.thedaonline.com/opinion/tragedy-in-n...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 10:35AM #2
Do_unto_others

Extremists - "Christian" OR Muslim (or any other faith) are the real threat to freedoms - EVERYWHERE.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 10:24AM #3
searcher2112

umm, Karma, ........ the Norway maniak plagerized a text from the Unibomber who most would call an anarchist type terrorist. Not a right wing fundamentalist by any stretch of the imagination. You should do a complete web search on this Unibomber fellow Ted something or other, I have no intention of giving this type of "vote" anything even remotely indicating I ever heard of him. This type of "polititian" that would blow up people to get on the news and garner attention to their "cause" are repugnant to say the least. However, if the media didn't slather this information all over the place with minute by second detail with rewind and still photographs and 8 by 9 color glossy photographs with a paragraph on the back of each one describing it in full detail (deep breath) pause, freaks like this wouldn't bother blowing up people. That's all I got to say about that, oh one last thought, where the heck is the spell check on this thing!?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 12:50PM #4
Do_unto_others

"This type of "polititian" that would blow up people to get on the news and garner attention to their "cause" are repugnant to say the least."

Polititians [sic] and 'evangelists' and "Christian" extremists are all alike. How is it different from a "Christian" evangelist encouraging foreign countries to adopt a "Kill the gays" bill? (Though, to be fair, Uganda does not promise to 'blow up' the gays - probably just gonna use good old fashioned bullets.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 9:11PM #5
searcher2112

I don't think Christ ever advocated killing anybody...... so if Christian means disciple of Christ then I doubt if a Christian would advocate killing people either, So botom line, you'll know them by their fruits

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2011 - 11:21AM #6
Sacrificialgoddess

Jul 28, 2011 -- 9:11PM, searcher2112 wrote:

I don't think Christ ever advocated killing anybody...... so if Christian means disciple of Christ then I doubt if a Christian would advocate killing people either, So botom line, you'll know them by their fruits

No true Scotsman?  That's the direction you are going?

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2011 - 12:24PM #7
searcher2112

do true Scotsmen(women) kill people? as a misplaced scion of Clann Aurthur, my family has as much blood on their hands as any I guess. When the Sassenachs came (confusion to them!) and burned our homes and raped our women we fought, we died, we bled with Wallace and The Bruce, we helped sack York and probally did some raping and murdering of our own. As a descendant of Scotsmen I know sometimes killing needs doing but shooting a bunch of kids while dressed as a cop doesn't really defend one's home does it? I only said I doubt if Christ would ADVOCATE killing and so on and so forth so therefore somebody advocating killing probably isn't really a Christian disciple.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2011 - 2:44PM #8
Sacrificialgoddess

Aug 2, 2011 -- 12:24PM, searcher2112 wrote:

do true Scotsmen(women) kill people? as a misplaced scion of Clann Aurthur, my family has as much blood on their hands as any I guess. When the Sassenachs came (confusion to them!) and burned our homes and raped our women we fought, we died, we bled with Wallace and The Bruce, we helped sack York and probally did some raping and murdering of our own. As a descendant of Scotsmen I know sometimes killing needs doing but shooting a bunch of kids while dressed as a cop doesn't really defend one's home does it? I only said I doubt if Christ would ADVOCATE killing and so on and so forth so therefore somebody advocating killing probably isn't really a Christian disciple.

No True Scotsman

So in other words, yes.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2011 - 3:48PM #9
TPaine

According to the BBC, "Mr Breivik appears to have created entries on social networking sites  such as Facebook and Twitter, though the accounts were set up just days  ago on 17 July.

On the Facebook page attributed to him, he describes himself  as a Christian and a conservative. The Facebook page is no longer  available but it also listed interests such as bodybuilding and  freemasonry." Link

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2011 - 1:35PM #10
davelaw40

He is a self-described reconstucted Templar Knight

His rants bare absolutely no resemblance to the 5 Fundamentals that describe a Christian Fundamentalist

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook