Switch to Forum Live View The seduction that never was
3 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2011 - 10:32AM #1
Marvin

A favorite teacher from long ago whom I thought pretty invites me to her house, which I somehow instinctively know is a seduction.  However, I seem to just sit there.  She puts on music, has some dress on, but it never goes anywhere.  It seems as if we expect the other to make the next move.  Anyway, her "boyfriend" comes over, and it turns out to actually be a woman.  Then she finally takes off her top and tells me to leave, saying that she still loves me, albeit in a platonic way. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2011 - 7:40PM #2
dreamhealth

Marvin, I thought it  best to start with this dream, since it seems cleaerer to me. One technic is to compare freams for similar content. ( I had forgotten that you had posted this one also). I will stay with my contention that you are a young adult. A big part of maturing for anybody is to decide on things about self and about values. What is called "seduction" in this dream I will came an "invitation  to adult life." The draw to become mature is symbolized by the draw of an attractive teacher. The ddreaw or seduction, as it is symbolized in the dream, to adult life is already there, but you don't take it. That is the part of the other making the next move.

(Life is waiting for you o make the next move. The teacher invited you in: that was her move).  It seems like you are waiting for life to teach you and that you will just sit there and be taught. We learn from the results of our doing. This doubles back on your line "a teacher I thought pretty." "Pretty" life inviting you to intimacy. Life is just going to live (and love, the other woman) itself, and it will seem to pass you by while you are not living it, although still loving you platonically. It is your job and mine to make life happen. This corresponds to your comment, "I am trying to be more active."

The call to action, if you have always been passive, WOULD cause your soul to speak to you in dreams. It will be unsettling, arousing questions and questioning, which the next two dreams address. Notice that the next dream (compared to this one with the subject of teacher) is in a classroom (where one learns) and that your chief action is to "take a break from it". Perhaps the ladies in the next dream are reminescent of the women in this dream. A passive life does have its problems and consequences. Your dreams are trying to teach you this. One way to start with dream response is to re-write your part in the story where you behave otherwise in a way that is more desirable.

This is probably enough for you to think about. Give more comments, if you wish. Alan

quote author=76315389 post=501558241]

A favorite teacher from long ago whom I thought pretty invites me to her house, which I somehow instinctively know is a seduction.  However, I seem to just sit there.  She puts on music, has some dress on, but it never goes anywhere.  It seems as if we expect the other to make the next move.  Anyway, her "boyfriend" comes over, and it turns out to actually be a woman.  Then she finally takes off her top and tells me to leave, saying that she still loves me, albeit in a platonic way. 

[/quote]

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook