Switch to Forum Live View Christ Appears to St. Francis of Assisi
3 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2011 - 1:28AM #1
nnn123
Christ Appears to St. Francis of Assisi

www.ccel.org/ccel/ugolino/flowers.iii.xi...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2011 - 2:46AM #2
Namchuck

Christ appears on shower wall...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2011 - 8:18AM #3
Seefan

Jun 18, 2011 -- 1:28AM, nnn123 wrote:

If Christ appears to them as a "young man" the question might be asked, is this a reference to Jesus of Nazareth or simply a way of relaying to the people a spiritual experience in a manner they would get a greater understanding through the familar.  Actually the word Christ, I've been told, means the Anointed One or that one the Holy Spirit descended upon ...

If you think the "young man" was Jesus of Nazareth does that mean He can metamorphosize into whatever human figure He wishes.  Now the question becomes, why?

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2011 - 5:59PM #4
Namchuck

Jun 19, 2011 -- 8:18AM, Seefan wrote:

If Christ appears to them as a "young man" the question might be asked, is this a reference to Jesus of Nazareth or simply a way of relaying to the people a spiritual experience in a manner they would get a greater understanding through the familar.  Actually the word Christ, I've been told, means the Anointed One or that one the Holy Spirit descended upon ...

If you think the "young man" was Jesus of Nazareth does that mean He can metamorphosize into whatever human figure He wishes.  Now the question becomes, why?

Why not? A being that supposedly can walk through walls, walk on water, ascend into the sky unaided by any means of mechanical propulsion (mind you, he might have been beamed up to the Fathership), appear on shower walls and atop iced muffins shouldn't have much difficulty appearing in any shape or form he wanted to, should he?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2011 - 7:24PM #5
Seefan

Jun 19, 2011 -- 5:59PM, Namchuck wrote:

Why not? A being that supposedly can walk through walls, walk on water, ascend into the sky unaided by any means of mechanical propulsion (mind you, he might have been beamed up to the Fathership), appear on shower walls and atop iced muffins shouldn't have much difficulty appearing in any shape or form he wanted to, should he?

Well I don't know Namchuck!  I'll have to leave that one to nnn123 to answer ...

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2011 - 7:36PM #6
Namchuck

Jun 19, 2011 -- 7:24PM, Seefan wrote:

Well I don't know Namchuck!  I'll have to leave that one to nnn123 to answer ...

Well, you asked the question.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2011 - 8:03PM #7
Seefan

Jun 19, 2011 -- 7:36PM, Namchuck wrote:

But you answered my question with a question!  Plus, no offence intended, but I'm interested in nnn123's answer ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2011 - 8:07PM #8
Namchuck

Jun 19, 2011 -- 8:03PM, Seefan wrote:

Jun 19, 2011 -- 7:36PM, Namchuck wrote:

But you answered my question with a question!  Plus, no offence intended, but I'm interested in nnn123's answer ...

Wouldn't have prevented you answering it, though, would it?

Otherwise, fair enough, but expect to be directed away by nnn123 to view a video as substitute for an answer.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook