Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Avatar Meher Baba declared, "I am God in human form"
3 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2011 - 3:20AM #11
Namchuck

Jul 29, 2011 -- 5:51PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

All of us are God in human form, but very few have awakened to that fact yet.  Most of us are still asleep in a relatively unconcsious state, and need to awaken to the truth that "the Father and I are one".

While that is a notion held by some, Bob Bennett, it is simply not accurate to call it a "fact".

It is merely one among many competing beliefs that do not enjoy the an iota of factual justification.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 8:50PM #12
zionsfled

It is written, "Ye are Gods!"

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Sep 10, 2011 - 03:10AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 2:48AM #13
Namchuck

Sep 8, 2011 -- 8:50PM, zionsfled wrote:

It is written, "Ye are Gods!"

It is also written, "Where ever you may be, let your wind blow free".

And, by the way, it was actually written, "ye are gods" with no exclamation mark (such were unknown when that was written) and the "gods" wasn't with a capital. 

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Sep 10, 2011 - 03:10AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 8:02AM #14
stardustpilgrim

In the early '70's some friends and I discovered a retreat in Lakemont, Ga. called Christ's Love's Retreat. It was a beautiful place in the northeast corner of Ga. in the mountains near the SC/NC border (near Clayton, Ga.). The center was an old barn turned into a lodge. Additional buildings included a meditation "temple". Adjacent to the retreat were several privately owned homes specifically owned to be a part of the retreat activities.

The owner and director of the retreat was given the name Madah Love by Meher Baba. (The "history" of most of the people related to the retreat was Spiritualism, Madah was a trance medium [remember this was about '73-'74, before the term channeler]...They were in-to the "Masters", Serrapis Bey was their 'dude'......oh, there was definitely energy there, the first time I sensed/felt subtle energy was there). My second trip there was in conjunction with an astrology seminar given by Sylvia de Long from Camp Cassadega, Fla. (a known spiritualists camp). Also along were her parents, Mama and Papa de Long. They were also disciples (or "disciples") of Meher Baba. I recall Mama de Long asking me, "Are you Baba"? I didn't know exactly what that meant, I assumed it meant was I a disciple. (I had to say no, I was just being introduced to the original "Don't worry, be happy" guy).

They were all delightful people (also down the road about a mile was CSA Retreat, owned and run by Roy Eugene Davis, disciple of P. Yogananda, and CSA Press [Center for Spiritual Awareness] which I also visited).

And I later learned of and visited Meher Center at Myrtle Beach, SC. It was/(is?) owned by disciples of Meher Baba. Beautiful grounds with some beachfront. ......Trying to recall the director's name, I think it was Kitty. I didn't meet her, when I visited she was in India. (I found it from a small sign (told to look for) about the width of your computer screen by about 4", on HWY #17 I believe it was.

A step along my path...........

sdp  

The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.
The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton

A map is not the territory.                                                                 Alfred Korzybski

God is that function in the world by reason of which our purposes are directed to ends which in our own consciousness are impartial as to our own interests. He is that element in life in virtue of which judgment stretches beyond facts of existence to values of existence.      Alfred North Whitehead
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2011 - 8:12AM #15
BIRK

One of many steps that all lead back to us.

The individual intention to be seperate from whole being.

Something within me will not allow me to believe that I have incarnated into physical existance against my will.

What I have learned this time around is that this illusion is all mine to do with as I please. Everything in this tiny bright spot in this enormous space I call my consciousness goes the way I choose it to go.   When I am complete I will release the creation back to the empty space from which it arrived.

When I retreat into that emptiness I feel me watching my every move.  I am the Witness of me.

No Judgement...   Only Love. or something that tastes and feels like Love.

Joy or Bliss does not come close to describing the feeling of completeness and invincibility.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook