Post Reply
Page 6 of 31  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31 Next
Switch to Forum Live View -O- is and the rest is commentary.
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2011 - 5:39AM #51
Neomonist
Posts: 2,686

Jun 3, 2011 -- 4:21AM, Neomonist wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 4:09AM, Namchuck wrote:


Don't be so blatantly obvious, Neomonist. Do you really expect that your "fellow religionists" would object?




What is preventing them from speaking out?




I'm curious as to what you base this statement on: "Do you really expect that your "fellow religionists" would object?


 

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2011 - 7:37AM #52
BIRK
Posts: 1,914

Asleep, distracted. Other beings keeping us focused on their perception of lack. Oh yeah...


  Physical beings are well trained to look for what they don't want.


  What they don't see is more of what they don't want getting lined up to manifest into the physical form.


  Hypnotized into believing that these negative circumstances are anybody's fault but mine.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2011 - 8:20PM #53
Neomonist
Posts: 2,686

This is part of a work in progress. I think it is appropriate to include it here.


The things I yap about are true for me, but I do not take them as absolute truth for everyone; all images are finite constructs. They are no more than how I express my understanding and it is completely beside the point if anyone agrees with me or not. I’m more than willing to admit that I may be mistaken in my misunderstandings.


Take, for example, the way I discuss -O-. I talk about what -O- is like for me and the things I say are not meant be taken as saying that you must believe the same way. It matters not to me if you accept what I say as absolute truth; all that matters is that we not beat each other up over our differences. Another example, in talking about human nature, one person believes we have a dual nature and I believe in a nondual nature. We have, for the sake of simplicity, three ways of looking it the difference. One, I could be right and he could be wrong. Two, he could be right and I could be wrong. Three, we could both be wrong. I think it is fun to share our equally incomplete views and relate this sharing to triangulation - each view is a different angle and between all of them, we might get close to pinpointing the target.


One connotation of the word agnostic is that we will never completely know -O-. I think this is applicable to knowledge in general as well; there is only so much finite beings can know about infinity.  It seems to me that if we were to learn everything, we would lose something vital and would start stagnating. As far as the idea of complete knowledge goes, I think that is a scary proposition. That is why I call my theory of knowledge ‘Incompleteness’. 


Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 3:21AM #54
Namchuck
Posts: 11,258

Jun 3, 2011 -- 5:39AM, Neomonist wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 4:21AM, Neomonist wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 4:09AM, Namchuck wrote:


Don't be so blatantly obvious, Neomonist. Do you really expect that your "fellow religionists" would object?




What is preventing them from speaking out?




I'm curious as to what you base this statement on: "Do you really expect that your "fellow religionists" would object?


 




Why would one's fellow religionists object if they believed themselves to possess 'special' insights that unbelievers are deprived of?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 3:26AM #55
Namchuck
Posts: 11,258

Jun 3, 2011 -- 7:37AM, BIRK wrote:


Asleep, distracted. Other beings keeping us focused on their perception of lack. Oh yeah...


More elitist nonsense.


  Physical beings are well trained to look for what they don't want.


What do you mean, "physical beings"? Are you not a physical being? An please explain to me just how physical beings are "trained to look for things they don't want"? Your claims just get murkier and murkier all the time.


  What they don't see is more of what they don't want getting lined up to manifest into the physical form.


Just what are you on about?


  Hypnotized into believing that these negative circumstances are anybody's fault but mine.


Talk about vague hyperbole. 


Sometimes your posts are of good value, and then you go and spoil it with something silly like the above.






Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 5:55AM #56
Neomonist
Posts: 2,686

Jun 4, 2011 -- 3:21AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 5:39AM, Neomonist wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 4:21AM, Neomonist wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 4:09AM, Namchuck wrote:


Don't be so blatantly obvious, Neomonist. Do you really expect that your "fellow religionists" would object?




What is preventing them from speaking out?




I'm curious as to what you base this statement on: "Do you really expect that your "fellow religionists" would object?


 




Why would one's fellow religionists object if they believed themselves to possess 'special' insights that unbelievers are deprived of?





Gosh, silly me. Here I was, thinking you were criticizing me for being "Elitist" for my statement about "hypnotized". Now it is all of us that have 'special' information. In other words, you cannot back up your assertion.


Once again, you damage your credibility with your hyperbole.


 

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 7:13AM #57
BIRK
Posts: 1,914

   Nobody is deprived of anything, however I would certainly agree, that None of this would make any sense from a perspective of fear and vulnerability.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 7:27AM #58
Neomonist
Posts: 2,686

Jun 4, 2011 -- 7:13AM, BIRK wrote:


   Nobody is deprived of anything, however I would certainly agree, that None of this would make any sense from a perspective of fear and vulnerability.





Darn, you went and made public our 'special' information. Now we are going to have to find some other form of 'elitism'.


Maybe a secret handshake would suffice.


 

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 7:56AM #59
BIRK
Posts: 1,914

Jun 4, 2011 -- 3:26AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jun 4, 2011 -- 3:26AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 7:37AM, BIRK wrote:


Asleep, distracted. Other beings keeping us focused on their perception of lack. Oh yeah...


More elitist nonsense.  


Wake up Brother!  Do you not see how everyone around you wants something from you?


 "Vote for him, and buy only this product, and lets boycott that one. "Wouldn't your really rather have a Buick?"


  Physical beings are well trained to look for what they don't want.


What do you mean, "physical beings"? Are you not a physical being? An please explain to me just how physical beings are "trained to look for things they don't want"? Your claims just get murkier and murkier all the time. 


   I am Spirit manifested into physical form by my own choice,as I would suspect that you are as well.   


  Do you pay a doctor to tell you what is right with your health?


 Do we buy a newspaper and read only happy news?


   "Don't vote for that guy he's..."


  The point is if you are looking for negative circumstance ,it is sure to be found exactly where you choose to look for it.




  What they don't see is more of what they don't want getting lined up to manifest into the physical form.


Just what are you on about?  


The difference between Deliberate creation and manifesting our circumstances by default.


  Hypnotized into believing that these negative circumstances are anybody's fault but mine.


Talk about vague hyperbole. 


Sometimes your posts are of good value, and then you go and spoil it with something silly like the above.


     Its called progress.  You didn't think that was it , did you?



Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 5:28PM #60
Namchuck
Posts: 11,258

Jun 4, 2011 -- 5:55AM, Neomonist wrote:


Jun 4, 2011 -- 3:21AM, Namchuck wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 5:39AM, Neomonist wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 4:21AM, Neomonist wrote:


Jun 3, 2011 -- 4:09AM, Namchuck wrote:


Don't be so blatantly obvious, Neomonist. Do you really expect that your "fellow religionists" would object?




What is preventing them from speaking out?




I'm curious as to what you base this statement on: "Do you really expect that your "fellow religionists" would object?


 




Why would one's fellow religionists object if they believed themselves to possess 'special' insights that unbelievers are deprived of?





Gosh, silly me. Here I was, thinking you were criticizing me for being "Elitist" for my statement about "hypnotized". Now it is all of us that have 'special' information. In other words, you cannot back up your assertion.


Once again, you damage your credibility with your hyperbole.


 




I don't really have to back up my assertion. Your words are written in reasonably clear language for all to see. You are just rather ridiculously - in the form of patently forced, and somewhat sheepish, humor- trying to pass off your lucidly professed elitism.


You may be fooling your religionist buddies, but you're not fooling me. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 31  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook