Switch to Forum Live View Help with a Recurring Nightmare
3 years ago  ::  May 17, 2011 - 11:22AM #1
jennifer82
I've had this dream about 5 times in the past 3-4 months. The place is usually different but the theme is practically the same. Each dream I am with different groups of people, sometimes people I know and sometimes not.

I am always at a house and see a single wolf. I see the wolf bite someone (i don't know them) and they kind of turn into a werewolf/zombie person. I start telling everyone and we start to block every single entrance. Not every listens to me and some people (in every dream) stays outside and get bitten by these werewolves.

I am always the only one working to move furniture infront of the doors or holding the doors shut when they are trying to get in. Eventually, the wolves get into the house through some door or window and I am forced to escape by going up through the ceiling and through the rafters in the attic. I am always escaping via a ladder.

the last time i had the dream it was really really weird and I escaped with my brother by jumping into freeznig cold water and riding on the back of a dolphin- the dream ended when my dog woke me up.

I think the recurring themes are: Running from werewolves, blocking doors and entry ways, being the only one trying to save us and then climbing into the attic via a ladder to escape when the wolves get into the house...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2011 - 6:19PM #2
dreamhealth

Some past emotional and/or spiritual trauma may be festering within you and wanting to heal. The nightmares are a "couched" (softened) way of dealing with this problem. In the dream space, you can feel the fear and "danger" without "getting bit". One way to look at this may be that you try to escape (both in real life and in the dream stories) rather than face the wolf. It seems that the dream wold is really not dangerous, but you assume that he is, though there is no evidence of harmful attack. Because you can not deal with this conflict consciously yet, you are dreaming it out unconsciously. The appearance of the dreams means that you are ready to deal. You will have to listen to yourself more. If bad feelings come out, let them. Emotions return  to their normal state if they allowed to feel the pain. The problem is that you don't feel that you have the strength to face whatever it is that is painful or traumatic. This is indicated by always looking for help in the dream. Your brother represents you more male side. From that inner "male" energy, you think you might do some confronting.

Although this is a real concern, things don't seem terribly terrible, lol. Your dream would be much more bizarre if it were. It's alright to work things out unconsciously. As you progress in growth and healing, it will be interesting to see variations and changes in the dreams. Jung says that dreams help to balance our psyche. When pressures get to be too much, we create little dramas o balance things out.

Maybe some day you will make friends with the wolf.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 11:01AM #3
Soliomusica24

In my opinion, I feel that dreams are an incredible way in which the Lord can speak to us.  It is a time when we are most vulnerable.  That is why it is so important that we are careful about what we put in our mind.  

I actually found your dream to be extremely fascinating.  I feel that it could have a few different meanings perhaps.  

I am always at a house and see a single wolf. I see the wolf bite someone (i don't know them) and they kind of turn into a werewolf/zombie person.

I feel that the wolf symbolizes a form of evil or perhaps even a fear in your life that you are dealing with.  It could be a fear of death, fear of man or fear of not having enough.  That wolf is out trying to terrorize people and bring destruction. Unfortunately, the people that don't come into the house, do not have the same protection and covering that you do. 

I start telling everyone and we start to block every single entrance. Not every listens to me and some people (in every dream) stays outside and get bitten by these werewolves. 

I feel like this part of the dream symbolizes that you are a leader.  You have the ability to instruct people and tell that what to do.  He have a voice and boldness about you.  Unfortunately, not everyone listens and adheres to your warnings.  You have the ability to see danger in the horizon and you want to give people fair warnings.  You are a leader.  You are one that will lead a people.  At some point, you may need to make a decision whether to leave people behind because they aren't willing to follow your leading.  I feel like this part of the dream also symbolizes that you have a heart to see help and healing come to others.  

I am always the only one working to move furniture infront of the doors or holding the doors shut when they are trying to get in.

I think that this part of the dream may symbolize that at times, you may feel all alone in your endeavors to motivate people.  You try to encourage others, but sometimes it really may feel almost helpless.  

Eventually, the wolves get into the house through some door or window and I am forced to escape by going up through the ceiling and through the rafters in the attic. I am always escaping via a ladder.

Eventually, the wolves may get inside, but they will not be able to harm you.  There is a fear, but that fear will not overpower you like it may seem. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2011 - 8:01PM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje

jennifer82:

I necessarily have a strong interest in psychiatry. And some of the more obvious problems in this story link to that. So at the very least, I suggest popping in to the Spirituality & Mental Health forum! Telling your story to a health care provider would in my opinion be worthwhile also.

You have fear of being attacked. You think that people will turn hostile. So you withdraw and block communication. But you did something cleansing and found a friendly spirit.

Clinically some of these themes could be named, like anxious, avoidant, socially phobic, paranoid, and obsessive-compulsive. Go get professional help!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2011 - 6:04PM #5
dreamhealth

to Karma: I like your response.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2011 - 2:46AM #6
Shannon

May 17, 2011 -- 11:22AM, jennifer82 wrote:

I've had this dream about 5 times in the past 3-4 months. The place is usually different but the theme is practically the same. Each dream I am with different groups of people, sometimes people I know and sometimes not.

I am always at a house and see a single wolf. I see the wolf bite someone (i don't know them) and they kind of turn into a werewolf/zombie person. I start telling everyone and we start to block every single entrance. Not every listens to me and some people (in every dream) stays outside and get bitten by these werewolves.

I am always the only one working to move furniture infront of the doors or holding the doors shut when they are trying to get in. Eventually, the wolves get into the house through some door or window and I am forced to escape by going up through the ceiling and through the rafters in the attic. I am always escaping via a ladder.

the last time i had the dream it was really really weird and I escaped with my brother by jumping into freeznig cold water and riding on the back of a dolphin- the dream ended when my dog woke me up.

I think the recurring themes are: Running from werewolves, blocking doors and entry ways, being the only one trying to save us and then climbing into the attic via a ladder to escape when the wolves get into the house...

I wouldn't be so quick to go to man regarding this issue- but to God.  Ask God to make the message in your dream abundantly clear.  And the interpretations that you receive can be weighed out to where you will be able to decifer whether or not it is a revelation of God or whether you should consult a doctor.  Doctors can do but so much- they mean well, but not every person who steps into their office needs medication and that is what tends to be the solution of doctors if you tell them of this sort of thing.

In reading parts of your dream, my questions are:  

-Do you have something or someone in your life weighing you down? 

-Are you finding yourself in the company of people who do not have good morals? 

-Are you faced with a struggle that is trying to get the best of you?

The part about "getting bit" only reminds me that bad company does corrupt good character- if we so choose to be entertained by the bad company.  There is also a deeper issue regarding any "bad character".  And that is, the battle is not flesh and blood but there are actually forces of good and evil in the spirit relm and the warfare is continuous everyday.  We do not see the battle going on in the carnal relm, however God intends to reveal the spiritual issues to us in our spirit person (inner man).  Sometimes we have difficulties discerning what God is trying to say to us.  Pray and ask God to give you wisdom and discernment.  He will make any message or riddle absolutely clear to you.   What I noticed whenever I asked God for clarity, He causes me to know it within myself when I read His Word and then He confirms His message again- He may cause someone else to utter the exact same point or I may come across the point again in reading material.  God works all things in all people.  I do hope you will get the proper help you need.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2011 - 12:29AM #7
Shamanmystic

May 17, 2011 -- 11:22AM, jennifer82 wrote:

By the way we're all afraid of some type of monsters.. Fear profits a person nothing..

Perhaps vampires are self? People? World

I hear tell of physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual or financial vampires.. These ppls like their literary conterparts are goulish and drain ppl of the things i mentioned.

Zombies - I've met alot of walkin dead in my life.. Living or are u like just dead inside and walking around like a stereotypical zombie... We as humans can sometimes act like our movie monsters. As we create them. We can also do the opposite. Live. Share. Learn.

Strange case of dr jekyl and mister hyde could be alcohol, drugs, tv, video games, gambling etc.. Whatever the addiction is and turns self or others into raging animalsithat destroy everything they love.. As a wiseman once said "Inside us are two dogs fighting. The one that wins is the one we feed most."

A mystery wrapped in an enigma. Waiting for us to unravel it.. To Experience fully all states.. Dreams have guided humans for ages and ages. Even beyond recorded history.

Werewolves to me would be similiar to dr jekyll... 

As for OVERCOMING NIGHTMARES might I suggest = www.lucidity.com/EWLD10.html

Basically u rerun or visualize the dream in your head like a movie; It's called imagining. lol.  You can stop, rewind, fastfoward, change the script / actors etc in ones imagination....Imagine instead you are the hero of the movie ie dream and rerun it over and over till dream and imagination become one. You'll no longer flee in panic when you become lucid. As nothing can even hurt you. At least nothing I've ever met. Even death can;t hurt you.... hopefully... lol.. I like sunrises and sunsets both though...

By the way did u know that what we generally do in dreams we do in waking life.. if one is always afraid and in a panic in waking life then one normally reacts rather than acts in the dream.  You might also consider that perhaps the method or manner in which you communicate to others in waking life is not effective... Meaning must be found by you.

Even  the defenses you build the werewolf gets thru on occasion.. Also note that werewolves are generally pure animal instinct.. while they are in that state... Best they never see or feel the moon and change as they are very hard to rationalize with when they transform into the wild "beast".

Well enough for my psychobabble.. just stuff to consider...

PS: I think it was Carl Jung who said " Dreams are like letters to our waking selves" ...

Some say that recurrring themes often suggest perhaps we are failing to address in waking life? What matters is what u feel and believe to be so.

I note also that you are the only one trying to fight off the werewolf... I agree with Karma that maybe you need the help of a well skilled friend or counsel with werewolve "combat" experience ; to guide u in becoming proficient in dealing with said werewolves in life. He who is without sin let him cast the first stone i say. lol

A book with practical exercizes is

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming (1990) by Stephen LaBerge Phd and Howard Rheingold see contents at www.lucidity.com/EWLD-contents.html

Goodluck. Ladders are cool.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook