Page 1 of 14  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Death: The Grand Illusion
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 8:01AM #1
BIRK

Almost all of us celebrate some sort of Belief in Life after Death.
  Everything changes form but our Spirit experiences nothing less then a complete healing and a returning to its original form of formlessness I can only describe as a Field of pure positive Energy, where everything is you and you are everything all in the only singular moment in existance.

This One.  

Once our intention manifests into this slower, denser form of reality we forget everything we thought we knew... But,  Not this time...
Namaste
  "Birk"

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 5:18PM #2
Namchuck

Apr 22, 2011 -- 8:01AM, BIRK wrote:

Everything changes form but our Spirit experiences nothing less then a complete healing and a returning to its original form of formlessness I can only describe as a Field of pure positive Energy, where everything is you and you are everything all in the only singular moment in existance.

This One.  

Once our intention manifests into this slower, denser form of reality we forget everything we thought we knew... But,  Not this time...
Namaste
  "Birk"

This probably wouldn't be so bad if you had a clue what you were talking. As a substitute for substance, tough, all we get is vapid and baroque assumption.

A veritable riot of wishful thinking posing as insight.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 7:07PM #3
teilhard

... The Collective Experienced Wisdom of Humanity ...

Apr 22, 2011 -- 5:18PM, Namchuck wrote:

This One.  

Namaste
  "Birk"

This probably wouldn't be so bad if you had a clue what you were talking. As a substitute for substance, tough, all we get is vapid and baroque assumption.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 9:22PM #4
Namchuck

Human nature is universal, and thus prone to universal illusions and universal wishful thinking.

The fallacy of arguing that if an idea is universally held then it must be true was labelled by the ancient logicians as consensus gentium.

Apr 22, 2011 -- 7:07PM, teilhard wrote:

... The Collective Experienced Wisdom of Humanity ...

Apr 22, 2011 -- 5:18PM, Namchuck wrote:

This One.  

Namaste
  "Birk"

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 11:13PM #5
Neomonist

Apr 22, 2011 -- 9:22PM, Namchuck wrote:

Human nature is universal, and thus prone to universal illusions and universal wishful thinking.

And your side of the issue isn't?

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 11:22PM #6
Namchuck

Apr 22, 2011 -- 11:13PM, Neomonist wrote:

Well, my "side of the issue" certainly isn't a universal illusion, nor am I wishful that persoanl extinction is all there is at the end of one's life. It just seems to be that that is what the preponderance of the evidence points to, and there certainly isn't any compelling evidence that suggests otherwise.

I haven't anything against those that want to believe in the comforting notion that there is some sort of conscious existence after the body and brain reaches thermodynamic equilibrium. In fact, it is a very attractive idea, and perfectly understandable for being so. I'm just opposed to those who categorically state that there is when they have no demonstrable or justified basis on which to do so.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 11:32PM #7
Neomonist

Apr 22, 2011 -- 11:22PM, Namchuck wrote:

Well, my "side of the issue" certainly isn't a universal illusion, nor am I wishful that persoanl extinction is all there is at the end of one's life. It just seems to be that that is what the preponderance of the evidence points to, and there certainly isn't any compelling evidence that suggests otherwise.

I haven't anything against those that want to believe in the comforting notion that there is some sort of conscious existence after the body and brain reaches thermodynamic equilibrium. In fact, it is a very attractive idea, and perfectly understandable for being so. I'm just opposed to those who categorically state that there is when they have no demonstrable or justified basis on which to do so.

There is no conclusive evidence one way or the other.

What is the difference between them catagoricaly stating there is and you stating there isn't?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 11:48PM #8
Namchuck

Apr 22, 2011 -- 11:32PM, Neomonist wrote:

Apr 22, 2011 -- 11:22PM, Namchuck wrote:

There is no conclusive evidence one way or the other.

What is the difference between them catagoricaly stating there is and you stating there isn't?

Learn to read, Neomonist. 

I have never categorically stated anywhere that there isn't life after death. What I have said is that there is no compelling reason to believe that there is. The fact that there is no conclusive evidence either way doesn't imply that the probabilities are evenly balanced.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 11:55PM #9
Neomonist

Apr 22, 2011 -- 11:48PM, Namchuck wrote:

I have never categorically stated anywhere that there isn't life after death. What I have said is that there is no compelling reason to believe that there is.

I apologize for misreading you.

The fact that there is no conclusive evidence either way doesn't imply that the probabilities are evenly balanced.

The odds are no worse than 50/50

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2011 - 12:02AM #10
Namchuck

Apr 22, 2011 -- 11:55PM, Neomonist wrote:

I have never categorically stated anywhere that there isn't life after death. What I have said is that there is no compelling reason to believe that there is.

I apologize for misreading you.

The fact that there is no conclusive evidence either way doesn't imply that the probabilities are evenly balanced.

The odds are no worse than 50/50

Apology accepted.

"The odds are no worse than 50/50."

Your kidding yourself. Modern brain research and cognitive studies would likely put the odds about 95/5 in favor of extinction of consciousness when the brain dies. It'd give survival a 5% chance simply out of generosity, although there is little to no indication of it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 14  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook