Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View VIDEO: Chen Tai Chi Quan Dao 108 Form with heavy quan dao!
7 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 9:55AM #1
Mak_jo_si

This is a video of Chen Style Tai Chi Quan Dao 108 Form done with heavy weight quan dao over 20lb+, it's rare to see because masters used to perform with light weighted weapons only. Must check it out~

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7S4Ux5j62A

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 10:47PM #2
Eisenhans

Mak Jo Si,

For a 20-lb Kwan Dao, that's some very good control you have over it!  The movements are smooth, yet there is gravity to the entire form.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 10:57PM #3
Mak_jo_si

Apr 18, 2011 -- 10:47PM, Eisenhans wrote:

Mak Jo Si,

For a 20-lb Kwan Dao, that's some very good control you have over it!  The movements are smooth, yet there is gravity to the entire form.

Thank You.

I love the Guan Dao, it's so hard to find a heavy one nowadays that fits my hand too.  I got another one in my temple, 28lb, but I don't like it that much because it's not one piece.. it's a screwed together type with SUPER heavy metal.. but still, I am able to master that as well, fun!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2011 - 7:07AM #4
Mak_jo_si

Just to let those who wanted to know - the Guan Dao weighting at 20lb+ is not easy to find nowadays. Most of the Guan Dao you can buy in stores are made cheaply with flexible blade that is unsharpen and they are for "wushu" use only.  If you want heavy duty Guan Dao, you have to order it online and prepare to pay for big shipping fee, really crazily expensive!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook