Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Respond to the "oneness" post
7 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 11:21PM #1
Mak_jo_si
Okay, I am just pissed with this rule but the moderator have deleted my reply to a user just because the reason of "others" and "I cannot post under multiple accounts".  Fine. Here I am again, I am responding to the person who just replied to my oneness post below.

-----

I am sorry that we do not have the translation of chuang tze up for you yet but when I get a chance to do it, I will let you know. None of these people promoted oneness, except if you talk about those in the later history of China such as the Quan Zhen Sect, which is not real Taoism anymore.

Look at Taoism as Taoism itself, don't look at Taoism as "somebody's book".  It's really Taoism by itself. Chuang Tze and Lao Tze are not even really promoted as "taoist in history. They are more like people into philosophy schools and teaching people life lessons instead of really promoting Taoism.  The religion of Taoism started mainly in around 220 BC by the first celestial master Zhuang Dao Ling forming the "Five Pecks of Rice Lineage".  That is when the religion of Taoism was formed officially in China. But too bad, the lineage fall apart in four generations because the people after got so evil and crooked, they started to do all kinds of evils things and they fight each others to get the "lineage holder" place and eventually it have end up in a tragedy and the lineage was gone.. now the evil people took over the place and formed the Zhen Yi Sect in China.. which worship the FOX DEMON starting their 30th generation till now. If you go to their temple in China now, they have this evil fox demon altar in a special building in the CENTER of their temple for the taoist there to worship this demon.. which they call it their "immortal".  It's really all non-sense starting from then and on...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 10:37AM #2
jbkranger

I think if you read Chuang Tzu (B Watson's translation is on line) and the TTE (many translations) that the concept of oneness/egolessness is very prevelant

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 10:39AM #3
Mak_jo_si

Apr 19, 2011 -- 10:37AM, jbkranger wrote:

I think if you read Chuang Tzu (B Watson's translation is on line) and the TTE (many translations) that the concept of oneness/egolessness is very prevelant

I have read Chuang Tze already of course but the original Chinese version, not the wrongly western translated version and they do not even talk about oneness anywhere at all.  If you want to lean CHINESE knowledge, you gotta know the language, don't trust western scholars who don't even know a thing about the language and start to flip out information, it's just so misleading.  Look at the Tao Te Ching, it's so off and so wrong in the west already, it's a disaster.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook