4 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 11:20AM #1
Jupiter6208
Does anyone know of any UU apps for Android Phones or even iphone?  i think that would be a great idea  any thoughts?
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 9:32PM #2
DotNotInOz

I don't know of any apps, not that I've looked.

However, I know that you can get an audio of the UU Church of the Larger Fellowship's monthly newsletter, Quest, as a podcast. There are also podcasts for the iPhone of services and a few sermons from some of the large city UU churches as well as some choral performances. Last that I searched iTunes for anything UU-related, there were only audio podcasts. That was several months ago, so this may have changed in the meantime.

You can subscribe to the Quest podcast on the CLF website not only for iPhone but for similar devices:  www.clf.uua.org

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 12:12PM #3
ExPluribusUnum

There is now an app available on Android, called "Quest CLF". It is put out by, you guessed it, the Church of the Larger Fellowship.

With it, you can post Joys & Concerns, light a chalice (with reading), listen to the CLF's Quest podcasts.

So far, it's pretty neat IMO.  It was released sometime in June I think.

Enjoy!

p.s. I think this app is also available on iPhone, if anyone's interested.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 12:18PM #4
DotNotInOz

EPU! Looooong time, no see. Glad to see you back again!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 12:25PM #5
ExPluribusUnum

Aug 23, 2011 -- 12:18PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

EPU! Looooong time, no see. Glad to see you back again!

Howdy do, Dot.  Smile

Figured I would poke my head in the door and see what's happening.  I'm still sad about...well, let's just say I have an instense nostalgia for the beliefnet of 10-15 years ago.  I will try to poke around from time to time.

And do try the app out...

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook