Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Taoism is not about Oneness, Oneness is freaky evil
7 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2011 - 4:32PM #1
Mak Tin Si
Taoism is not about "oneness", it is just something the new agers brought up and thought it was Taoism. Wrong!

Imagine oneness is like the Nazi, the Napoleon, the dominators... they want to group everything into one?  I don't think so.  That's crazy.  Can you imagine the world only have one brand of clothing?  only one brand for cellphones?  only one brand of food?  That would make the world so boring and dull!   It's because there are many paths, there is competition and so people can improve and that's why we have a nice advance world today!  Without competition nothing can improve.

Paths like Buddhism tells you by just looking at their masters, you know you are going to go for begging and go poor and suffer to learn their "wisdom", and you see it by looking at their ultimate  level masters, they are all "out of their home", isolate from society, poor and suffering and all that.  Some people like this and so the path is for them.

Some may like to just ignor everything and believe Jesus is a God and they believe in him then can go heaven when they die.  It's not a problem, it's their own personal preference, and so they are welcome to go for that path.

Taoism is about reality, it is a massive system of knowledge, skills, wisdom and ability that teaches you how to make life better starting now, anti-evil, going zero.negative, oppose to evilsd and negatives and so on.  If you like to go this way, Taoism is for you.

It's all a personal preference which people can choose. Of course, just like some people on earth like to choose evil and negative too, and that's their choice.  Like some like to go for cocane, smoking and drugs.  That's their choice too.  It might be confusing to think about why they like those at some point, but that's their choice.  It's just a personal preference.

But it's like walking in a mall and shop, if you walk by a store you like, you go in and buy stuff. If you don't like the store, you just simply walk away, nobody would force you to talk.  See? You can all choose the path you want, just make sure you know what your path is about and think if it is really what you wanted at first or not.  Make the right choice for yourself.  Taoism is not about oneness.  

To read the details: makchingyuen.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/on...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 11:36AM #2
jbkranger

How do you explain chapters 39 and 42 of the Tao te Ching? Or Chuang Tzu's " The Great and Venerable Teacher?" All the Taoism works deal with oneness

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 6:44PM #3
Mak_jo_si

Apr 14, 2011 -- 11:36AM, jbkranger wrote:

How do you explain chapters 39 and 42 of the Tao te Ching? Or Chuang Tzu's " The Great and Venerable Teacher?" All the Taoism works deal with oneness

**Hi, I am Mak Tin Si, just another account I signed up lately.

I have translated the Tao Te Ching already in my website and let me tell you that your version of Tao Te Ching is not right because it is wrongly translated from the starting point.  Let me make it clear for you:  www.chiinnature.com/taoteching.html 

Please read from the beginning to be able to get it, or else you won't.  Enjoy!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 11:05PM #4
jbkranger

With all due respect, even if it is as you say that the tranlation of Chapters 39 and 42 I am reading are wrong, oneness/egolessness is a big part of Chuang Tzu's "The Great and Venerable Teacher."

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 11:19AM #5
Taoman

Taoism has been coopted by non-Taoist sensibilities... just as you say... there are classic texts that suggest that Taoism has a Buddhist vibe... even leading many scholars to assume that Taoism is very meditative, peaceful, go with the flow type of an operation that mixes well with Buddhism.

It's definitely time for Taoism to fight back against Buddhism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 6:03PM #6
Eisenhans

"Ego" is a Freudian term, not a Taoist one.  I have never heard of Taoism talking about ego, really.  It's mostly the new-age teachers who are fond of employing the word. 

It is healthy to have a solid, grounded sense of self.  Maintaining proper psychological boundaries is part of what it takes to be mentally healthy and mature.  That's actually just human psychology, not even Taoism yet.

As far as attachment to other people goes -- that goes to the core of what makes us human.  It's a deep and natural part of the limbic brain in humans, not a cumbersome mechanism to be discarded for the sake of "enlightenment."  If you never form an attachment to another human being, I am concerned for your health.

Attachment takes two, not just one.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2011 - 2:45AM #7
Mak_jo_si

People are too into Buddhism way of thinking nowadays and new agers often like to talk about "love and peace".  All that soft and easy vibe is flooding the world with all these new age.  When you are confident, they say you are having too much ego.  When you are proud of something, they put you down.  When you are good at something and you just want to share it by posting it to public, people will bully you and gang up on you to knock you down and call you a spam or a show off @ssh0le. That's how it works in the internet now.

The reason by Buddhist and other bad paths like to do this is because they want to keep the people low, low in self esteem, low in confident, always think others are good, but you are not, it's a way to brainwash you and make you weak!

If you don't want to be attach to human, why go online, why go on a forum, why even bother to social and post things on blogs?   Just close up the internet, save yourself a few more bucks for food, you don't need the internet.

Human are all attached to human because you live in a society of human.  If you are wanting to isolate yourself, you are just being weird and it's a mental illness as well.  That's already some "ego" going on, you think you are special and you think you just don't want to get attached, hey, in the deep inside, you feel empty and hollow, depress and down, often insecure and unstable in life. Why's that?  It's all the new agey stuff that kills!

Stand up, be confident of yourself, speak up! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2011 - 10:23AM #8
jbkranger

"Ego" is a Freudian term; no argument there.

However, at it's core, ego is a belief in seperateness and division. The concept of oneness is the antithesis of seperateness. J Kristnamurti and Alan Watts had some good ideas on this subject . So did Lao Tzu (ch 39 and 49) and Chuang Tzu in "The Great and Venerable Teacher"

I would argue that the human mind's capability to "other" is the most dangerous thing in the world. With out that capability, no bombs would be built an no pollution would be emitted.

Joey King

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2011 - 11:45PM #9
Taoman

It's my belief that new agey ideals are vague platitudes that can't be put into action... how do you get past the belief in seperateness and division?  I highly doubt J Kristnamurti, Jesus, Buddha, Watts, etc had the foggiest idea.  Here's the Kristnamurti ideal:

It is only when you have ceased to compare, when you have put away Shankara, Buddha, Christ, with all their knowledge, information, so that your mind is alone, clear, no longer influenced, controlled, compelled, either by modern psychology or by the ancient sanctions and edicts – it is only then that you will find out whether or not there is something new, everlasting. But that requires vigor, not indolence; it demands a drastic cutting away of all the things that one has read or been told about truth and God. That which is eternal, new, is a living thing; therefore, it cannot be made permanent, and a mind that wants to make it permanent will never find it.

end quote.

Talk about castles on the sand... even if such a crazy ideal did exist, there's no gameplan that actually works for obtaining it.  When the student meditates for 40 years and they get nowhere they are simply told that they have too much ego and are made to feel like a turd compared to the enlightened guru who has managed to suck the life out of his or her students... this lifeless state is then labelled peace and everyone calls it a day.  Then later it comes out how evil the teacher was... same story over and over and over.  What these masters have really perfected is the art of hypnotism. 

Take Madonna's Kabbala thing... she's learning egolessness thanks to the Kabbala group.  And the spiritual practice is uplifting and everything makes perfect sense.  The books are balanced and now the world is a better place.  

Actually, I haven't the foggiest idea about Madonna and her group but the pattern is so tried and true... show me a teacher teaching egolessness and I'll show you a space cadet.  Show me a teacher teaching egolessness and making good money at it, and I'll show you a hypnotist.  It might take 20 years for the truth to get out about the particular teacher and by then everyone is off to a fresh teacher, but that's the pattern I have found.

The guy who wrote the God Virus has some good youtubes... worth checking out a few to see how it all goes down. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2011 - 11:09AM #10
jbkranger

I actually have a CD  of an old talk recorded on a reel-to-reel tape of J Kristnamurti speaking to a group on A Watts houseboat (1969). This CD has never been published. A friend got it from the JK musesum in Calif I think. JK said the only way to accomplish egolessness is to live in "the now" basically. Eckhart Tolle says the same thing. There is little or no difference in my mind between living in the now, oneness, and egolessness

Joey

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook