Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Taoism is not about Oneness, Oneness is freaky evil
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2011 - 11:40AM #11
Taoman

Living in the now is a nice philosophy and is a bit easier to fathom than the other language. Too bad he couldn't have just said it and have been done with it.   

Living in the now is fine but actual face time with gurus is harmful... when someone enters the "living in the now" compound they can kiss the now goodbye forever.  I guarantee you that those people on the houseboat never came close to the now... they were way too fascinated by JK's personality and JK wasn't about to set them free.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2011 - 11:45AM #12
jbkranger

JK says the same thing on the CD and in many of his writings: Never follow a guru

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2011 - 1:03PM #13
Mak_jo_si

By the way, Guru was never a Taoist terminology as well. haha~

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 10:12AM #14
jbkranger

I am reading, "The Tao of Zen" written by Ray Grigg in 1994. The theisis is that Zen is really Taoism.  He seems to think that Oneness is part of Taoism, and has a whole chapter on the subject.

From Lao Tzu (Ch 7) "The sage is one with all"

"The Goal of Taoism... is to return to oneness..." p 226

"The center of Taoism...seems to be oneness." p 227

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 10:26AM #15
Mak_jo_si

Zen is TAOISM?!  You got cheated and scammed!  The history.. look at how it is started first, what the heck does Zen have to do with TAOISM?!  sigh...

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 10:29AM #16
jbkranger

That is what the author, Ray Griggs, is saying. I apparently did not make myself clear. Please accept my apologies.

Joey

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 10:43AM #17
Mak_jo_si

Apr 27, 2011 -- 10:29AM, jbkranger wrote:

That is what the author, Ray Griggs, is saying. I apparently did not make myself clear. Please accept my apologies.

Joey

I know.. but I was really shocked about that author.. (only) it's not your problem.. but these "authors" really mislead the people.. Maybe that's the definition of new age, mix a pot of things yourself and do your own dressing, now publish it asap, then tell the world your new food...

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 10:45AM #18
jbkranger

No you are still misunderstanding me. Griggs agrees with you

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 10:58AM #19
Mak_jo_si

Apr 27, 2011 -- 10:45AM, jbkranger wrote:

No you are still misunderstanding me. Griggs agrees with you

I don't see it in him though

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2011 - 2:49AM #20
Eisenhans

Apr 25, 2011 -- 11:45PM, Taoman wrote:

Talk about castles on the sand... even if such a crazy ideal did exist, there's no gameplan that actually works for obtaining it.  When the student meditates for 40 years and they get nowhere they are simply told that they have too much ego and are made to feel like a turd compared to the enlightened guru who has managed to suck the life out of his or her students... this lifeless state is then labelled peace and everyone calls it a day.  Then later it comes out how evil the teacher was... same story over and over and over.  What these masters have really perfected is the art of hypnotism.

Well said, man!  A great part of intelligence is being able to recognize patterns.  You've limned an important one!

Eisenhans

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook