Switch to Forum Live View What is the difference between the Free Methodist Church and other Methodist Churches?
4 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2011 - 1:25PM #1
Heisgod1
What is the difference between the Free Methodist Church and other Methodist Churches? Hi, my name is Nate and I would love to learn more about different Methodist Churches along with the United Methodist Church and how they relate to each other and does anybody know how the Wesleyan Church doctrine compares with the United Methodist Church.??
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2011 - 6:18PM #2
deep thinker

Hello,

You post a good question--I was raised in the Methodist Church (originally Methodist/Episcopal), which then united in 1968 with the Evangelical United Brethren Church and became the United Methodist Church.  It is my understanding that the UMC is the most "liberal" of its brothers/sisters.  Wesleyan Methodism, Free Methodists, and the other variants seem to be much more conservative in their approaches to doctrine.  It would be nice to see others contribute with their thoughts and observations.  I will say that even among United Methodists, there is a huge range of variance, depending on which church you attend.  The church I grew up in continues to be on the very liberal edge of things.  The church I migrated to in the 80's and 90's had a pastor raised in the Wesleyan/Holiness tradition, and it showed.  You would not even know they were from the same Methodist "page".

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook