Switch to Forum Live View I'm sorry for coming across kind of harsh in previous posts.
4 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2011 - 3:54PM #1
Iwillbeinthepretribrapture2032

Hi, Nate here and to Al-Fatihah and others I'm sorry for coming across harsh in previous posts. The thing is I am and will always be a born-again evangelical Christian, however if I want to show the love of my God I have to be more peaceful and loving. The truth is most Muslims are great and wonderful people and we are all human beings. If I want to become a missionary in the future no matter where God calls me I have to be more loving. I know I haven't always shown love and that's all my fault. Islam has so many great people who just want what's best for them and their faith in Allah (arabic for The God). I invite Al-fatihah and others to be my friends without conditions on beliefnet. I promise I won't put any of you down at all and I will love y'all unconditionally. I invite questions on why I believe what I believe in private, I am here from now on to make friends of all religions and no religion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2011 - 8:32AM #2
BDboy

Jan 8, 2011 -- 3:54PM, Iwillbeinthepretribrapture2032 wrote:

Hi, Nate here and to Al-Fatihah and others I'm sorry for coming across harsh in previous posts. The thing is I am and will always be a born-again evangelical Christian, however if I want to show the love of my God I have to be more peaceful and loving. The truth is most Muslims are great and wonderful people and we are all human beings. If I want to become a missionary in the future no matter where God calls me I have to be more loving. I know I haven't always shown love and that's all my fault. Islam has so many great people who just want what's best for them and their faith in Allah (arabic for The God). I invite Al-fatihah and others to be my friends without conditions on beliefnet. I promise I won't put any of you down at all and I will love y'all unconditionally. I invite questions on why I believe what I believe in private, I am here from now on to make friends of all religions and no religion.

>>>>>>>> May peace be unto you.

I am glad you are feeling this way. However you are in "Discuss Islam" forum. So I like to ask you what do you about Islam? Do you have any questions about it?

Since Islam came from Abrahamic root (Islam, Judaism and Christianity), we have a lot in common in our traditions and practices. Specially if you are one who thinks "Bible is the word of God", you will find lot of common history in the Bible as well. Which are unheld and respected by Muslims.

I can tell you by talking to "People of faith", I learnt a lot from Beliefnet friends. I hope you do not hesitate to ask questions about Islam and feel free to discuss anything that concerns you. Unlike the myth about Islam, we are open to questions and concerns.

If you have interests, you may also visit the welcome Islam forum to learn about basics about Islam. I hope this will increase understanding about each other's point of views and (Hopefully) bring all people of faith closer.

May you have a blessed day!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 9:22AM #3
Al-Fatihah

Jan 8, 2011 -- 3:54PM, Iwillbeinthepretribrapture2032 wrote:

Response: I can only be forgiving to someone who is remorseful and sympathetic for their actions. Though I was not offended by your actions before, I do accept your apologize and hope that we can be civil to each other.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 9:23PM #4
visio

In the Al-Quran there is this verse that reads:
Al-Baqarah  2 : 263  Kind words and forgiving of faults are better than sadaqah (charity) followed by injury.   And ALLAH is reach and He is Most-Forbearing.
By this verse, irrespective of differences of opinion Muslims refrain from themselves from putting any issue, be it about religion/faith or otherwise, to debate.   The central motivation is "discuss".   For quite sometime now many Muslims had, for one reason or another,  adopted the non-Muslim (especially Western Christianity) kind of approach in a dialogue
which seldom converge to an mutual understanding and respect.  Moreoften it is counterproductive.
Muslims are never instructed to make enemies out of anyone other than the following reason given in the Al-Quran:

Al-Mumtahanah 60 :  8-9   ALLAH does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes.   Verily, ALLAH loves those who deal with equity.    It is only with regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that ALLAH forbids you to befriend them.   And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the zalimun (hurtful wrong doers).

But, then again,  against those who Muslims may hold as their enemies, ALLAH reminds them to have hopes as indicated in the following verse:

Al-Mumtahanah  60 : 7   Perhaps ALLAH will make frienship between you and those whom you hold as enemies.   And ALLAH has power, and ALLAH is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

If ALLAHswt is Most Merciful and Most Forgiving, who are we, ALLAH's slaves, to be not be merciful and forgiving, if we claim to be on the Path to ALLAHswt

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2011 - 12:49PM #5
Abdullah.

Hi Iwillbein...

what a great attitude you have expressed!; mashAllah this is the true Christian spirit if i'm not mistaken Smile

And i invite you too my dear friend, to ask away at your hearts content about Islam; God-willing with such an open heart, you'd be able to grasp it's true teachings rather than the so many distortions of it out there in this day and age!

Peace and blessings! Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook