Namchuck

Feb 5, 2012 -- 1:57AM, RevDorris wrote:

The One who lives behind your eyes.

The "One"?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2012 - 3:35PM #144
BBarton

I hope you don't mind my interjection, but "one" is a goal and dicipline for some of us.  I see all life as breathing and that it is one breath of which we all partake.  I see the beat of our hearts as a joining of the rythm of life, quite beyond "ourselves" yet inclusive of us all.

I don't even think our species is above the oneness, but an aspect of it.  When I consider we are all in this together, it is in spite of temporal ideas of personhood.

Be there many persons, stories, and eras; there's one book of life telling the epic journey of mankind trying to find his way home.  We can become lost, confused, even scared until we learn from errors, find dicipline, and are able to trust something beyond -yet inclusive of ourselves. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2012 - 10:04PM #145
RevDorris

Laughing

With love,

Rev Dorris
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2012 - 2:45AM #146
Namchuck

Feb 6, 2012 -- 3:35PM, BBarton wrote:

I hope you don't mind my interjection, but "one" is a goal and dicipline for some of us.  I see all life as breathing and that it is one breath of which we all partake.  I see the beat of our hearts as a joining of the rythm of life, quite beyond "ourselves" yet inclusive of us all.

I don't even think our species is above the oneness, but an aspect of it.  When I consider we are all in this together, it is in spite of temporal ideas of personhood.

Be there many persons, stories, and eras; there's one book of life telling the epic journey of mankind trying to find his way home.  We can become lost, confused, even scared until we learn from errors, find dicipline, and are able to trust something beyond -yet inclusive of ourselves. 

Well, yes, I can go along with this almost entirely, and it is exactly what science is confirming. 

I say 'almost' because I am not sure just what you mean, BBarton, when you write that the "book of life [is] telling the epic journey of mankind trying to find his way home"?

I don't know that the 'Book of Life' is recounting any such journey. In fact, but for the catastrophe that eliminated the dinosaurs, for instance, mankind wouldn't be here at all. The whole history of life has been punctuated by such catastrophes (at least five major ones and an untold number of lesser events), accidentally fortuitous for some creatures while enormously unfortunate for millions of others. It is difficult to see any epic journey - if 'journey' implies destination - in any of this. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2012 - 8:35AM #147
BBarton

I love metaphor, my friend.  What heights of joy could be fathomed had there been no sorrow?

I don't see the work as complete, (especially in myself); therefore, pressing on is a must for my part of the rEvolution. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2012 - 1:02AM #148
Namchuck

Feb 7, 2012 -- 8:35AM, BBarton wrote:

I love metaphor, my friend.  What heights of joy could be fathomed had there been no sorrow?

I don't see the work as complete, (especially in myself); therefore, pressing on is a must for my part of the rEvolution. 

I'm a bit predisposed to metaphor myself, BBarton, and a mere toothache is sufficient to allow one to appreciate the joys of life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2012 - 10:01AM #149
BBarton

Sooo true.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 15 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook