Switch to Forum Live View How could the last revelation work?
4 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2010 - 3:00PM #1
Bezant

How could mankind repeatedly misunderstand God's revelations? Surely, if mankind 'messed up' so many times, how do we know mankind hasn't misunderstood the revelation Muhammed?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2010 - 3:58PM #2
BDboy

Dec 14, 2010 -- 3:00PM, Bezant wrote:

How could mankind repeatedly misunderstand God's revelations? Surely, if mankind 'messed up' so many times, how do we know mankind hasn't misunderstood the revelation Muhammed?

>>>>>>>> Actually the whole "Mankind" do not think in ONE specific way. They think differently. Even those who claim to be Muslim and followers of Muhammad (PBUH) do differ in certain issues.

The last revelation was preserved properly, so the uncorrupted message is still alive and well. Special steps were taken to preserve the only authetic revelation from God to mankind. Therefore, if anyone who is interested in God's mercy and love can look up the last revelation and learn about it. prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never claimed divinity and he was messenger of God (PBUH). His life was there to give us a living example about how to apply God's wish in our individual lives.

I am trying to give you a simple understanding. If you like to learn more about it, please visit following links.

<> www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.as...

<> www.harunyahya.com/miracles_of_the_quran...

<> muslim1st.com/al-quran-a-miracle-of-mira...

<> www.answering-christianity.com/quran/tex...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2010 - 10:10AM #3
visio

You could pose your question in a different way - how do we know mankind understood the revelation inspired/transmitted to Muhammad?   That would save anyone the burden of assuming to speak for the whole mankind.   First and foremost prime target of Divine Revelations is the individual.  Collectively as communities, nations, tribes, ethnicity or   generation, they are secondary.  It would take individuals several lifetimes before they can understand anything close to what was revealed to Muhammadsaw .  And that applies to Muslims as well.  The following Al-Quranic verse challenges man to figure out about themselves:
Al-Insan  76 : 1   Has there not been over man a period of time, when he was not a thing worth mentioning?  
Forget about the popular idea that this is about the biological process of our (fetus) formation in a woman's womb.  It is far more than that.   Simply put, we are born with another lifetime before this.   Gradually and individually over several lifetime/stages and at each subsequent physical death, the revelation would be revealed - willingly or unwillingly.    

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2010 - 5:02PM #4
Aka_me

How could mankind repeatedly misunderstand God's revelations? Surely, if mankind 'messed up' so many times, how do we know mankind hasn't misunderstood the revelation Muhammad?

I believe you have several questions all wrapped up in one post...

1. why doesn't humanity understand and accept revelation "at the time God gives it"?

2. why do those humans who successfully overcame to the difficulty of embracing one set of revelation... STILL find it so difficult to embrace the subsequent revelation?

3. why would those humans embracing Islam believe they have overcome the "human struggle" found in #1 and #2.

we could compare #1 to atheists... who refuse to accept "the existence of God". God is called "The Most Hidden of the Hidden", and atheists aren't going to accept anything their eyes can't see.

we could compare #2 to the Zoroastrians who don't accept Moses, the Jewish who don't accept Jesus, and the Christians who don't accept Muhammad.

there are at a minimum, two causes for this: A) the process of spirituality into religion, and B) the "literal vs figurative" mistake.

A) each of these prophets taught spirituality. and after their ascension, humans come along and turn the spirituality into a religion. these humans who justify having power because they control the religion, become a power elite with no self interest in handing over power to the subsequent prophet of God.

B) the Jewish have expectation which they say Jesus did not fulfill. yet that doesn't stop Christians from believing in Jesus because Christians say Jesus fulfilled prophecy in the figurative sense, and in the same breath the Christians will say the Return MUST fulfill prophecy literally or it can never be accepted.

when it suits humans...

they will accept figurative fulfillment. and when the power elite (as in A above) are protecting their interests they will only accept literal fulfillment.

as to #3, why would members of Islam believe they have overcome ALL these human issues?

there is no reason to think they HAVE overcome any of the human issues.

when Muhammad said "seal of the prophets", the word seal means "the most complete to date". in that sense one could say Moses was the seal of the prophets, and Jesus was the seal of the prophets, in addition to Muhammad being the seal of the prophets...

Aisha, the wife of the Muhammad states[35];
    "Say he is 'seal of prophets' but do not say there is no prophet after him."[36]

in answer to your question...

Muslims are every bit equally as human, in potentially mis-interpreting revelation, as all other humans who are believers in God potentially mis-interpret their revelation.

The UN says the ebola outbreak must be controlled within 60 days or else the world faces an "unprecedented" situation for which there is no plan.
this is absolutely fantastic as it unites the world into being OUR problem rather than THEIR problem.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2010 - 9:05AM #5
Al-Fatihah

Response: The question assumes that everyone misunderstood God's revelation, yet one would have to know the correct understanding first to know if it was misunderstood. Thus all of mankind could not have misunderstood. This demonstrates that mankind can know the correct understanding and we naturally do so by having an opened and sincere outlook.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2010 - 10:07PM #6
Iwillbeinthepretribrapture2032

Islam is false, the corrupt religion is Islam and the corrupt book by Allah (Satan) is the Quran. Islamo-fascists claim that my faith in the lord is corrupt but they don't know what they say or write. On Judgement day Muslims will be in for a rude awakening when the Lord comes back and slays the Anti-Christ and Islamic Nazi Armies.!!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2010 - 10:49PM #7
Al-Fatihah

Dec 20, 2010 -- 10:07PM, Iwillbeinthepretribrapture2032 wrote:

Islam is false, the corrupt religion is Islam and the corrupt book by Allah (Satan) is the Quran. Islamo-fascists claim that my faith in the lord is corrupt but they don't know what they say or write. On Judgement day Muslims will be in for a rude awakening when the Lord comes back and slays the Anti-Christ and Islamic Nazi Armies.!!!!!

Response: Yet your failure to support your claim demonstrates otherwise, along with the many discrepancies within the bible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2010 - 12:15PM #8
BDboy

Dec 20, 2010 -- 10:07PM, Iwillbeinthepretribrapture2032 wrote:

>>>>>>>> OK then. Is there is question in this?

Now a little Bible class for ya. In the whole Bible NOWHERE Jesus son of Mary claimed to be God or equal to God.

>> The world "Trinity" is NOT in the Bible

>> Jesus son of Mary openly said he was following One God only!!

My question is, do you even know your Bible? Which Bible do you follow?

In the Bible Jesus said he will AGAINST those who called him "Lord" and gave a warning for them. Do you have any idea which verse I am talking about?

If not, let me know I'll share with you.

If you you any question for us about Islam, just ask. Right now you are just ranting, so it is hard for me to discuss anything with you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2011 - 5:43PM #9
Bezant

Dec 15, 2010 -- 3:58PM, BDboy wrote:

>>>>>>>> Actually the whole "Mankind" do not think in ONE specific way. They think differently. Even those who claim to be Muslim and followers of Muhammad (PBUH) do differ in certain issues.

The last revelation was preserved properly, so the uncorrupted message is still alive and well. Special steps were taken to preserve the only authetic revelation from God to mankind. Therefore, if anyone who is interested in God's mercy and love can look up the last revelation and learn about it. prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never claimed divinity and he was messenger of God (PBUH). His life was there to give us a living example about how to apply God's wish in our individual lives.

I am trying to give you a simple understanding. If you like to learn more about it, please visit following links.

Generational preservation the Quran looks sound to me, but I doubt absolute historical accuracy. (Out of curiosity, would it impact the Quran's integrity if it had historical errors? It would seem so to me.)

Keeping Ame's commentary in mind, and a discussion I had with World Citizen, what about Islamic offshoots, e.g., Bahaism and the Druze, that accept the Quran? Have either misunderstood an accepted, pure revelation, or have Muslims?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2011 - 6:14AM #10
sallum

Jan 18, 2011 -- 5:43PM, Bezant wrote:

Dec 15, 2010 -- 3:58PM, BDboy wrote:

Generational preservation the Quran looks sound to me, but I doubt absolute historical accuracy. (Out of curiosity, would it impact the Quran's integrity if it had historical errors? It would seem so to me.)

Keeping Ame's commentary in mind, and a discussion I had with World Citizen, what about Islamic offshoots, e.g., Bahaism and the Druze, that accept the Quran? Have either misunderstood an accepted, pure revelation, or have Muslims?

[

Hi

Although I couldn't understand your post word to word but I might be with its test,..

The Last revelation has to be effect all along human life, otherwise last will never make since and so is the fact of the Holy Quran's challenges and is pure, valid, and with applicable rules, and with qualified and proficient news, alive, unique never stop surprise all minds,.. that is the way  till Allah almighty will inherit the earth and heavens.

Allah almighty will take over the vicegerent off mankind on earth, as all mankind will expire (time over) or say game over now the scale (score) will take place.

in one shut all will raise up again,  leaving no one left. All with their records… all with their individual marks no mess and no fail to notice.

That is the main Issue of the Religion, and only Trust (belief) is the closing moments.

The Religion in two words; glad tidings/ warner,… more is to know the LORD.(Allah)

A-    2:2 This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.

B-    15:9 We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

C-     35:24 Verily We have sent thee in truth, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner: and there never was a people, without a warner having lived among them (in the past).

D-     

11:88 He said: "O my people! see ye whether I have a Clear (Sign) from my Lord, and He hath given me sustenance (pure and) good as from Himself? I wish not, in opposition to you, to do that which I forbid you to do. I only desire (your) betterment to the best of my power; and my success (in my task) can only come from Allah. In Him I trust, and unto Him I look.

peace

/quote]

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook