Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Had a dream fully of symbols, really could use some advise...
3 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2010 - 9:31PM #1
Evillynnstar

I try not to bother people with theses things. However last nights dream has been with me all day and I feel there is something there, I'm just not sure what it is.

Short and sweet is how I like to make this so let me start.

I saw a fire place that had three parts I could remove, one was a glass cover, another a wire cover and then something else, not sure what. But it was a door which lead me into a black room, with a bakery display case. A woman was there. VERY friendly, older, I can't remember her much. She had a few display cakes for weddings, but not many. On the other side of the bakery case were blue cats in cages. She took them in and cared for them. I told her I had cats that needed homes. But she said she had no room for any more. She offered to give me one. I declined. All well cared for. I assumed they were in cages because of the baking. 

The woman and I talked for a little while. I'm pregnant, and as we chatted, we went to a more lit up room, half bakery the other half cat shelter. All white, with lots of windows. There were at least two other people there. A man and a woman. Both working at the bakery. While talking to the older woman, the woman who worked in the bakery tired to talk down to me. She made a comment that I didn't know anything. I got annoyed and told her off. Telling her I know I'm having a baby girl and I know more than she gives me credit for. The other woman shut up and went back to work. The older woman smiled at me and was both agreeable and kind. For the life of me I can't remember the conversation.

I've spent time trying to find out who this woman was. She seems to be a mix of Freya and Hestia. There was something very magical about her. Hestia was always young, but she fits the fire place symbol. Were Freya was symbolized by the blue cats. I can't for the life of me figure out with the wedding cakes or bakery meant. If anyone has any ideas I would very grateful! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2010 - 12:50PM #2
Littlebrownbird

What is troubling you about the dream?  B.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2010 - 1:40PM #3
Evillynnstar

Just not sure what its suppose to mean. I was trying to identfie the woman. I'm convinced she was some sort of a deity. Someone on another website suggested she might be a keeper goddess. The fireplace being the door to her realm shows a sense of enterances into something deeper.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2010 - 9:18PM #4
David

Dec 12, 2010 -- 9:31PM, Evillynnstar wrote:

I try not to bother people with theses things. However last nights dream has been with me all day and I feel there is something there, I'm just not sure what it is.

Short and sweet is how I like to make this so let me start.

I saw a fire place that had three parts I could remove, one was a glass cover, another a wire cover and then something else, not sure what. But it was a door which lead me into a black room, with a bakery display case. A woman was there. VERY friendly, older, I can't remember her much. She had a few display cakes for weddings, but not many. On the other side of the bakery case were blue cats in cages. She took them in and cared for them. I told her I had cats that needed homes. But she said she had no room for any more. She offered to give me one. I declined. All well cared for. I assumed they were in cages because of the baking. 

The woman and I talked for a little while. I'm pregnant, and as we chatted, we went to a more lit up room, half bakery the other half cat shelter. All white, with lots of windows. There were at least two other people there. A man and a woman. Both working at the bakery. While talking to the older woman, the woman who worked in the bakery tired to talk down to me. She made a comment that I didn't know anything. I got annoyed and told her off. Telling her I know I'm having a baby girl and I know more than she gives me credit for. The other woman shut up and went back to work. The older woman smiled at me and was both agreeable and kind. For the life of me I can't remember the conversation.

I've spent time trying to find out who this woman was. She seems to be a mix of Freya and Hestia. There was something very magical about her. Hestia was always young, but she fits the fire place symbol. Were Freya was symbolized by the blue cats. I can't for the life of me figure out with the wedding cakes or bakery meant. If anyone has any ideas I would very grateful! 

Well I don't know but I like the dream. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2011 - 10:32PM #5
ManzanitaBear

If she could be a deity, here's what I'd do: call to her and ask her to reveal herself. For me, something like this works best when I'm either in a meditative state or on the edge of sleep.

I'd says it doesn't matter so much if you know her by the same name that others do--unless she wants you to. Perhaps this is Hestia to the Romans, Freya to the Norse. The divine can manifest itself in all different ways, so the same goddess could be known by different names to different people. If it matters to her that you call her by the right name, surely she'll let you know that.

What stands out for me in your post is this: "I told her I had cats who needed homes." Do you have cats who need homes irl? Or was that just a dream statement? If it's not true in the real world, only in your dream, then your dream cats in need of homes must represent something.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2011 - 11:51AM #6
Littlebrownbird

Good advice Manzanitabear!

I wonder, if not remembering the conversation is what bothers you. When you see Her again you could ask Her to help/let you remember the conversation in your waking mind.  Until you do remember, it could be an exercise in trusting that you know what you need to know.    Blessings,

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2011 - 11:04PM #7
Shamanmystic

The women u saw are probably the norn, muses, furies, many other names.

The oldest has knowledge of the past and is the most courteous.

The middle aged one has knowledge of the present.

The youngest is the hardest to get info from and usually a bit mysterious and scarey. She'll often tell u stuff using symbols.

They can be 3 or 1 depending on how they / she wants to reveal them / her self.

See also triple goddess as they can become one. Morganna is their assimilation as are many others such as Morrigan. Pick a culture. Shes known by many names ie Goddess.

Ever consider trying to listen to dream characters? Curious if you react that way in waking life ie take offense before you get to know the person talking to ya?

Good luck

You might try posting on the dream forum.

Wedding cakes and a baby.. Maybe marriage lies ahead.. 

As for the man I'm willing to bet he's the archetypical  = Wise Old Man

Being a man I learn from the feminine characters in my dream as those are the repressed areas of my psyche and I already understand being a man.  Just a suggestion learn from the characters opposite your sex in dreams as well as those of the same sex as they will help u shore up your weak areas and help you to live a more rounded life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 5:38PM #8
Evillynnstar

I'm sorry I didn't come back for a while. I had my baby in January. I just wanted to state, I'm already married, it'll be five yrs in October. To my knowledge I have no more contact with said woman. I tired to reach her, no luck. At least not in my conscientiousness memory.

I have tried reaching her before I sleep and in deep meditation. I have no idea. It was very strange and I still remember most of that dream. I want to thank you all for responding.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 5:41PM #9
Evillynnstar

I also wanted to state that I know did talk to a spiritual friend of mine. He suggested that she might be a forgotten goddess and her name is thus lost. He indicated that this was a very special dream and vision. In time I may come to understand its true meaning. Thank you all again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 6:09PM #10
Shamanmystic

Apr 29, 2011 -- 5:41PM, Evillynnstar wrote:

I also wanted to state that I know did talk to a spiritual friend of mine. He suggested that she might be a forgotten goddess and her name is thus lost. He indicated that this was a very special dream and vision. In time I may come to understand its true meaning. Thank you all again.

Congrats on your child... Sending many joyous "vibes / prayers / whatever u wanna call em" your way.. May u learn from your child as much as he /she learns from you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook