Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What Killed This Board?
4 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2010 - 9:37PM #1
whirlgal

Every time I visit here that question runs through my mind so I decided to post it to see if anyone even cares.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 1:31PM #2
Green.is.my.favorite.color

Hiya WG

Greetings to you.

I think I have a sense as to why this board is dying off...

there's work to be done, frankly. Seems like there was mostly arguments here, or, shall we say, "heated debate." I think a number of folks found the emotional energy used here was better utilized in doing their work.

Some, but maybe not all. And, of course, this is my opinion and observation.

The flip of that, too, I think, there's is actually very little that is said here that is useful. Sorry to say. Always seems to de-evolve into who has the bigger schlong than it does about mutual benefit.

Again, opinion and observation only.

*sigh*

Hope this note finds you well!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2010 - 4:16PM #3
whirlgal

Green--hi and  thanks so much for your good thoughts. Sending them back to you as well.

I think you'r right that this bord wsa tuned into a debate board on which people's beliefs and practices were belittled and criticized by a few nastily outspoken posters.

I find this especially sad when I read some of the archives in which we were allowd to have very good discussions about our practices and beliefs without the intrusion of non-practitioners who did nothig but make nasty cracks about us.

Very very sad.

I wish I knew how to change it.

At least the nasty ones seem to have evaporated...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2010 - 4:50PM #4
rangerken

It is always sad to see any board become quiet. And since the most active forums get the most attention from the moderating crew, particularly the three, senior, all board moderators...and since we actually have 'lives' and can never see and catch everything... things tend to get missed.

This forum is specifically for discussion between believers in this paticular faith, or belief system. It is NOT the forum for debate, nor for intrusion by those who do not share this faith. This is, in fact, clearly stated in one of the 'sticky posts' above. Not being a 'believer' in this faith myself I'm certainly not going to get involved in any discussion here. BUT, if there is anything I can do by way of hosting, or taking care of inappropriate posts, all any member needs to do is to let me know.

All three senior moderators have some 'quiet boards' sort off under our wings, to look at and be available to help as may be requested by members, or by a forum host when there is one. This forum is, as of now, under my 'wing'...not to run...no way... just to be available if needed. I'll drop in once a week or so just to look around.

A favorite cliche of mine goes, "the definition of a stupid question is the one you did not ask."

Do enjoy your forum and if in doubt, e-mail me with anything you think of imterest and/or important from a moderating point of view. Please do not e-mail me with questions about Shamanism...I know NOTHING Sealed.

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community Moderator

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2010 - 6:14PM #5
writingal1

I created a separate thread for the above notice so it wouldn't be overlooked.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 7:32PM #6
Shihulud

I got tired of the people claiming that their version of shamanism is the only true one, and that we all are New Agey fluff bunnies trying to pervert someone else's belief system. Shamanism belongs to all of us because it can be traced back as the origin to all belief systems. I'm not interested in defending my beliefs to anyone, frankly because I don't care what other people think. So I guess what this board is lacking is interesting discussion and open-minded people. I know a lot of great shamanists on this board, ucluding you WG! I don't want to lose touch with all of you. We've "known" each other like 10 years on here. It's a great place to share.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2011 - 9:46PM #7
drakkoby
Maybe if the old ones return ...

:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2011 - 8:42PM #8
Tenlionz

Dec 4, 2010 -- 4:16PM, whirlgal wrote:

Green--hi and  thanks so much for your good thoughts. Sending them back to you as well.

I think you'r right that this bord wsa tuned into a debate board on which people's beliefs and practices were belittled and criticized by a few nastily outspoken posters.

I find this especially sad when I read some of the archives in which we were allowd to have very good discussions about our practices and beliefs without the intrusion of non-practitioners who did nothig but make nasty cracks about us.

Very very sad.

I wish I knew how to change it.

At least the nasty ones seem to have evaporated...

The nasty cracks went both ways, very few here are Innocent. And I'm really not sure what you mean by non-practitioners, as you say that there is no organization or true definition of Shamanism, it seems that those you like are practitioners and those who dare challenge your opinion in anyway at all are not. Politics and religion are both topics which can cause conflict as the opinions and views are extremely diverse. I don't believe this is the only thread that has dropped off sharply as far as number of posts. BN came to a slow crawl after the latest changes.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2011 - 5:56PM #9
Shihulud

This place hasn't been the same since it went through "the change."

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 1:22AM #10
Shamanmystic

Hey S.. :-) ..

I think it's the INEFFABILITY of the subject.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook