Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
3 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2010 - 10:47PM #11
Brownowl33

Oct 27, 2010 -- 2:28PM, Ravensmoon wrote:

What exactly was "this whole big thing"? And where did everyone go? Is there another forum they went to?

I haven't checked into here in awhile either and when I do, it seems the latest posts are in areas I'm not really interested in, or over a year or more ago. I thought this was supposed to be a big site. Looks like it's dwindling like MySpace.

Beliefnet changed hands multiple times, and every few weeks they would do "improvements" that ended up deleting all the old messages, and which added pop-ups advertisings drugs and other pharmaceuticals.  Half the time, the boards were "down" and when they were working, you'd get used to the new format and then they'd change it again.  Whoever bought Beliefnet ruined it, and tried to turn it into MySpace or something.  It's not AS bad now, but it never recovered and they managed to permanently drive away most of the members.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2010 - 10:16AM #12
Littlebrownbird

So lets get things going again! and invite people to come back!! The Paganism forum has some activity you might also check there.    Fall Blessings! B.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2010 - 8:21PM #13
Ravensmoon

That's a shame. Some boards it happens and they never recover. Others the regulars stick loyal to the boards. I saw that the Paganism had some activity but the only post there wasn't about paganism, but favorite movies? Kinda off topic, I thought. Hard to find any active on-topic forums. I did try posting but seems threads die away quickly here. Even in the game one!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook