4 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2010 - 7:15PM #1
Gladish-heart

I'm an American witch living in China, and I've found it incredibly hard to find others like me here. There's only 4 of us on witchvox, and I'd like to have more contact with solitary practitioners who are living abroad and cut off from resources and home communities. I'm happy to talk about anything- Witchcraft, folk magic, paganism, Wicca, Heathenism, Druidry, whatever- I'm a little starved for discourse, and I'm not quite sure where in B-net to look. Are any of you in my situation? I find practicing my faith is sometims just an afterthought, when it should be (at least) in my top three. There are only two other foreigners (non-Chinese, English-speaking) where I live, and they're an uber-Christian married couple about to have a baby. Not what you'd call a pagan support group- Ha! Where should I be looking? I'd like to form meaningful relationships with several other pagans who I could talk to online (yahoo, msn) on a weekly, if not daily basis. I have alot to share, but family (Roman Catholic) and friends (non-existant) are not a viable option. Please, if you are in or have ever been in a similar situation, you'll know how it feels- I'm withering, almost. I wanna make some friends, y'all! Thanks for reading- looking forward to hearing from you, whoever you may be!

Starved for Attention

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2010 - 7:24PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

I live in the Bible Belt, does that count?

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2010 - 7:44PM #3
Gladish-heart

Haha! Hey girlie! I remember you! Rural China does not REMOTELY compare to the Bible belt, where you can speak English, find tampons, and buy cheese. But thanks for trying...

No really- thanks for your reply, you're on my friends list, and I'll send you sumthin' neat in a minute... Question: is it considered spamming if I post this thread in other forums? I wanna make sure I got all my bases covered...

P.S. Sorry about your posts total!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2010 - 1:09PM #4
Innerpoint

Jul 28, 2010 -- 7:44PM, Gladish-heart wrote:

Haha! Hey girlie! I remember you! Rural China does not REMOTELY compare to the Bible belt, where you can speak English, find tampons, and buy cheese. But thanks for trying...

No really- thanks for your reply, you're on my friends list, and I'll send you sumthin' neat in a minute... Question: is it considered spamming if I post this thread in other forums? I wanna make sure I got all my bases covered...

P.S. Sorry about your posts total!

Right now, I'll take posts anyplace I can get them.  And, seeing as how you're only covering the bases on the various takes of a particular set of practices, I wouldn't have a problem with it anyway.  And, again, if you can't find anyone else to physically interact and talk with, we're always around here... somewhere, sometime.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook