Page 76 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76
Switch to Forum Live View Islamism - an ideology not about Islam
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 10:21AM #751
IDBC

Feb 27, 2012 -- 10:03PM, Miraj wrote:

"Islamism" is a term intended to be an insult to Muslims.  We don't have to accept it, we don't have to use it.  I educate people about this each time it's used.  If they don't like it, tough.

Feb 28, 2012 -- 9:58AM, IDBC wrote:

Islamism is a term that is intended to describe political Islam.

Feb 28, 2012 -- 2:52PM, Ibn wrote:

As has been said many times, there is only one Islam. There is no such thing or religion called "political Islam" or "religious Islam" or "secular Islam" or Arabian Islam" or "Christian Islam" or Atheist Islam" or even "Neutral Islam".

It can and is used in a perjoritive and insulting way to insult Muslims or it can be used to describe political Islam.  It is a neutral term.

It is a term used by people who are ignorant of Islam.

Feb 28, 2012 -- 4:08PM, browbeaten wrote:

At best, it is a term used to describe Muslim who are ignorant of Islam.  Otherwise, it is descibing fanatical Muslims.

I knew it was a term used by people who are ignorant of Islam. Your statement has just proven my point to be spot on.

"At best, it is a term used to describe Muslim who are ignorant of Islam.  Otherwise, it is descib ing fanatical Muslims."

That  is not "my" statement   That is Browbeaten's statement. 

My statement is that Islamism is the political branch of the Islamic tree.  My statement is that some of the "fruit" is radical, and some of the "fruit" is moderate, and some of the "fruit" is liberal.    But is is all "fruit" of the same tree.  

You and other Muslims do not have to accept, but other Muslims do accept it.

They don't accept it but use it in ignorance.

I've come to realize that on this board we have several Muslims who purport to speak for all Muslims in regards to Islam.  I find it rather peculiar how SO MANY more Muslims disagree with your "version" of Islam. 

I've come to realize that on this board we have several Muslims, like yourself  and others who purport to speak for ALL Muslims with regards to Islam.   I find it rather pecular how you and others on this board claim to speak for ALL Muslims and try to "educate" us on what is "true" Islam when there are so many verisions of Islam and not ALL Muslims agree on what is "true" Islam.  

I have come to realize that on this board we have several Muslims, like yourself who purport that any Muslim who does use the word Islamism is "ignorant"  of "true" Islam.

I've come to realize that in the world we have too many non-Muslims who purport to speak for Islam.  I find it rather peculiar how SO MANY non-Muslims claim to be experts in Islam and also know how many Muslims disagree with me but have no clue  as to how many agree with me.

I've come to realize that in the world we have too many Monotheists  who purport to speak for Allah. 

I find it rather peculiar how SO MANY non-Muslims claim to be experts in Islam and also know how many Muslims disagree with me but have no clue  as to how many agree with me.[/quote]

I do know that there are MANY Muslims who disagree with you, but I don't know wether or not they are  "ignorant" of "true" Islam. 

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 2:15PM #752
Miraj

IDBC, you are very creative with formatting.  ???

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 2:32PM #753
Ibn

Mar 1, 2012 -- 2:15PM, Miraj wrote:

That is the direct result of trying too hard in Islamic creation from Islam to Islamism and trying to justify it at the same time.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 1:31PM #754
IDBC

Howdy Miraj

I am not sure what you mean?  

Are you making a statement or asking a question?  

If you are making a statment that I am good a "formatting" is that a compliement?  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 4:36PM #755
Miraj

Your posts look like no one else's, hon.  They are art pieces, colorful, modern and unique, but sometimes very hard to follow.  If I can correct the formating, I do, but the last one was a doozy and I have no clue how it got that way lol.

They make you look, that's for sure :-)

Mar 2, 2012 -- 1:31PM, IDBC wrote:

Howdy Miraj

If you are making a statment that I am good a "formatting" is that a compliement?  

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 7:06PM #756
IDBC

Howdy Miraj

Mar 2, 2012 -- 4:36PM, Miraj wrote:

Your posts look like no one else's, hon.  They are art pieces, colorful, modern and unique, but sometimes very hard to follow.  If I can correct the formating, I do, but the last one was a doozy and I have no clue how it got that way lol.

They make you look, that's for sure :-)

I tried to be as clear as I could as why I make my claims.   I gave reasons to support my claims. 

The only responses I got was "we don't have to believe it if we don't want too."   

The response that I got for the fact that other Muslim's in the Middle East use the term Islamist is that they are ignorant about Islam.     

It is my understanding that Muslims like to use analogies.    I gave an analogical explanation for Islamist-political idealogy.   

Now if they make you think I consider that to be a good thing.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 76 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook