Post Reply
Page 82 of 82  •  Prev 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82
Switch to Forum Live View Islamism - an ideology not about Islam
3 months ago  ::  Sep 11, 2014 - 8:50AM #811
BDboy
Posts: 6,181

Sep 10, 2014 -- 9:29AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Sep 10, 2014 -- 9:15AM, browbeaten wrote:


Sep 10, 2014 -- 7:41AM, BDboy wrote:


Sep 9, 2014 -- 1:31PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


BDBoy


Discussing Islam means more than saying: "Oh, look how perfect, wonderful and correct in all matters it is."  


The mere fact that Muslims disagree with each other on precisely what Islam is should tell you something.  





>>>>>>>> It has been this way for many years.


I do not have much issue with people who wish to share their concerns about Islam or even critic it.


HOWEVER it is proper that, Muslim members gets to reply/answer/address those issues. There are some non-Muslim members (posing as Muslims) giving out WRONG/false information about Islam.


This later issue has some operational and ethical problem.


So people are still welcome to critic Islam but it would help out if Muslims gets to do the explainng in this ISLAM board.


it is common sense but I thought I remind all of us...




Would you please point out the "fake" Muslims.  I would like to be able to take what they have to say with a grain of salt.





+1  Who are the people posing as Muslims? 





>>>>>>>>>> Non Muslims who are "Lecturing" Muslims about Islam!!


Look around ....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 months ago  ::  Sep 11, 2014 - 10:31AM #812
browbeaten
Posts: 3,232

Sep 11, 2014 -- 8:50AM, BDboy wrote:


Sep 10, 2014 -- 9:29AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Sep 10, 2014 -- 9:15AM, browbeaten wrote:


Sep 10, 2014 -- 7:41AM, BDboy wrote:


Sep 9, 2014 -- 1:31PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


BDBoy


Discussing Islam means more than saying: "Oh, look how perfect, wonderful and correct in all matters it is."  


The mere fact that Muslims disagree with each other on precisely what Islam is should tell you something.  





>>>>>>>> It has been this way for many years.


I do not have much issue with people who wish to share their concerns about Islam or even critic it.


HOWEVER it is proper that, Muslim members gets to reply/answer/address those issues. There are some non-Muslim members (posing as Muslims) giving out WRONG/false information about Islam.


This later issue has some operational and ethical problem.


So people are still welcome to critic Islam but it would help out if Muslims gets to do the explainng in this ISLAM board.


it is common sense but I thought I remind all of us...




Would you please point out the "fake" Muslims.  I would like to be able to take what they have to say with a grain of salt.





+1  Who are the people posing as Muslims? 





>>>>>>>>>> Non Muslims who are "Lecturing" Muslims about Islam!!


Look around ....




Nice evasion.  You stated there are posters, claiming to be Muslims and are not Muslims.  Do you retract this?   As a Non-Muslim, who has never claimed to be a Muslim, I find it necessary to sometimes, correct your understanding of Islam and its relationship with Judaism. 


Unless, of course, you are beyond reproach?




Quick Reply
Cancel
2 months ago  ::  Sep 17, 2014 - 8:30AM #813
BDboy
Posts: 6,181

It is a pretty simple issue (Let us hope we like to keep it this way!).


Everyone is welcome to write comments, critic or share their concerns about Islam.


It is only "Proper" that, the answer/explanations are given by known Muslim members.


There have been few cases where non-Muslims are answering and (Sadly) even distorting information about Islam.


Everyone is welcome to have their own belief system and we respect that. When someone answer questions WITHOUT having basic knowledge of Islam, it mislead people.


This is common sense and every other board have the SAME basic understanding among members.


I mean If I discuss about US constitution, we prefer someone from the USA or at least have enough knowledge of US constitution/history etc.


If a member from China start speaking about democracy or US constituion it may lead to misunderstanding.


As a human being I try to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding.


Also it is rude talking or interjecting when questions or comments are NOT directed to someone.


Let us have good debates, discussions.


Peace!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 months ago  ::  Sep 25, 2014 - 3:27PM #814
NATAS
Posts: 968

Sep 17, 2014 -- 8:30AM, BDboy wrote:


It is a pretty simple issue (Let us hope we like to keep it this way!).


Everyone is welcome to write comments, critic or share their concerns about Islam.


It is only "Proper" that, the answer/explanations are given by known Muslim members.


There have been few cases where non-Muslims are answering and (Sadly) even distorting information about Islam.


Everyone is welcome to have their own belief system and we respect that. When someone answer questions WITHOUT having basic knowledge of Islam, it mislead people.


This is common sense and every other board have the SAME basic understanding among members.


I mean If I discuss about US constitution, we prefer someone from the USA or at least have enough knowledge of US constitution/history etc.


If a member from China start speaking about democracy or US constituion it may lead to misunderstanding.


As a human being I try to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding.


Also it is rude talking or interjecting when questions or comments are NOT directed to someone.


Let us have good debates, discussions.


Peace!




The pretty simple fact is that when it comes to religion and politics. 


THERE ARE NO SIMPLE ISSUES


The pretty simple fact, is that Islamism is a political idealogy.  


  The pretty simple fact is known that Muslims frequently use Islamism.   


It is a pretty simple fact that there are a variety of Islamist Political Parties.  


For one example among many: 


en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Jamaat-...


Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami (Bengali: বাংলাদেশ জামায়াতে ইসলামী), previously known as Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh, and Jamaat for short,[1] is the largest Islamist political party in Bangladesh.[2][3] On 1 August 2013 the Bangladesh Supreme Court declared the registration of the Jamaat-e-Islami illegal ruling that the party is unfit to contest national polls.


It is a stupid to deny Islamist politics as it is to deny or debate the existence of Zionist political parties.  





Quick Reply
Cancel
2 months ago  ::  Sep 25, 2014 - 4:02PM #815
Ibn
Posts: 5,005

Sep 25, 2014 -- 3:27PM, NATAS wrote:


The pretty simple fact, is that Islamism is a political idealogy.


Political idealogy is politics. Islam is a Deen (commonly known as religion in English).

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 months ago  ::  Sep 26, 2014 - 2:22PM #816
NATAS
Posts: 968


Sep 25, 2014 -- 3:27PM, NATAS wrote:


The pretty simple fact, is that Islamism is a political idealogy.


Political idealogy is politics. Islam is a Deen (commonly known as religion in English).




And the pretty simple fact is that Islamism is the political idealogy that follow the "Deen of Islam".




Quick Reply
Cancel
2 months ago  ::  Sep 26, 2014 - 6:16PM #817
Ibn
Posts: 5,005

Sep 25, 2014 -- 3:27PM, NATAS wrote:


The pretty simple fact, is that Islamism is a political idealogy.


Political idealogy is politics. Islam is a Deen (commonly known as religion in English).



Sep 26, 2014 -- 2:22PM, NATAS wrote:


And the pretty simple fact is that Islamism is the political idealogy that follow the "Deen of Islam".



No. My political idealogy is politics (not Islamism) even though I follow the "Deen of Islam". 


Islamism is only assumed to be following the "Deen of Islam" when all the actions in what is assumed to be "Islamism" are not allowed in the "Deen of Islam". This is why a vast majority of Muslims are not "Islamists" but Muslims only.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 82 of 82  •  Prev 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook