Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Page 8 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: "Pin The Problem on The Pope" Game
7 years ago  ::  May 20, 2010 - 7:59PM #71
chevy956
Posts: 2,021

Teilhard said""Pin The Problem on The Pope --


 


(1)  Rampant AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa ...


 


(2)  Sexual Abuse of Children ...


 


(3)  Anti-Semitism, War, Genocide, The Holocaust"


Ummm, Teil, since NON-ATHEISTS also have an issue with the Pope regarding the above points, did you have an actual point?

Moderated by Merope on May 27, 2010 - 01:47AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 12:08PM #72
teilhard
Posts: 53,304

Nope ... I just have this silly Idea that every Sexually Active Person IS ( whether (s)he LIKES it, or NOT ) going to have to DEAL with the CONSEQUENCE of her/his own Behavior Choices ...


Should a Guy who freely chooses to Drink-and-Drive be "punished by death" for doing so ... ?? Of course not -- who has suggested such a Thing ... ???


But in The REAL World, Actions DO have Consequences ... A Grown-up understands this ... ( Which is not LEAST of the Reasons Drinking, Driving, and/or Sex are NOT for Kids ... ) ...


May 20, 2010 -- 3:01PM, cptspith wrote:


May 20, 2010 -- 1:51PM, teilhard wrote:


I STILL just hafta note, however, that a Guy who keeps his Willie in his Pants ISN'T called "Daddy" and DOESN'T contract an STD ... duh ...




 That the "crime" of succumbing to his biologically inherent sex-drive is justified in punishment by death?


-Reverend Spith





Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 12:10PM #73
teilhard
Posts: 53,304

No ... I'm simply noting -- not for the first Time -- that Folks who already HATE The Church and despise The Pope are having a LOT of self-righteous FUN lately ... That's all ..


May 20, 2010 -- 10:45PM, Bl├╝ wrote:


teilhard


Oh, well, THAT would stand up in a Court of Law ...


Trying to shrug it all off again, eh.





Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 12:57PM #74
cptspith
Posts: 2,493

May 21, 2010 -- 12:08PM, teilhard wrote:


Nope ... I just have this silly Idea that every Sexually Active Person IS ( whether (s)he LIKES it, or NOT ) going to have to DEAL with the CONSEQUENCE of her/his own Behavior Choices ...




Missed again.


May 21, 2010 -- 12:08PM, teilhard wrote:


Should a Guy who freely chooses to Drink-and-Drive be "punished by death" for doing so ... ?? Of course not -- who has suggested such a Thing ... ???




OF COURSE a person who chooses to drink and drive should be "punished by death" or at least be subject to the possibility. However, that person is given the OPTION to NOT drink, or to take a cab, or to walk. What your Pope has done is to REQUIRE the inebriated to drive their car, so that the ONLY options are to not drink or to drive drunk. While the choice to drive drunk is still wrong, it is ALSO wrong to ban all other responsible alternatives. Are you getting it yet? Can you possibly understand that there is blame enough for everybody? Do you STILL support the Vatican's efforts to spread AIDS?


May 21, 2010 -- 12:08PM, teilhard wrote:


But in The REAL World, Actions DO have Consequences ... A Grown-up understands this ... ( Which is not LEAST of the Reasons Drinking, Driving, and/or Sex are NOT for Kids ... ) ...




In the REAL world, people who take away the ability of others to act responsibly are guilty of being unethical bullies. In the REAL world, issues are not black-and-white, and blame for immoral policies by society are to blame IN ADDITION to individual choices.


I still await your admission that you support the Vatican's desire to spread STD's. For that matter, I still await your decision to engage in legitimate dialog, and take a position and stick to it. Stop avoiding every point that makes you uncomfortable. Admit that you defend disgusting, immoral policies, and take your licks like a man.


 


-Reverend Spith

Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 1:02PM #75
cptspith
Posts: 2,493

May 21, 2010 -- 12:10PM, teilhard wrote:


No ... I'm simply noting -- not for the first Time -- that Folks who already HATE The Church and despise The Pope are having a LOT of self-righteous FUN lately ... That's all ..




It's not about hating the Church or the Pope; it's about despising hypocrisy. It's about hating immorality. If the Pope and the Church want to be more popular, they should stop the immoral policies, and stop being hypocrites.


Folks who hate the Church did not simply decide to do so on a whim; hating the Church, or the Pope, is a position that comes from the actions and policies that are promoted by them.


BTW, I don't HATE either of them. But I have an issue with policies that promote the spread of disease and death by a supposed "moral authority." It's repugnant.

Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 1:04PM #76
teilhard
Posts: 53,304

IOW ...


YOU -- personally -- are NOT going to spend your own Efforts or Funds to improve the Public Health Situation in sub-Saharan Africa, are you ... ???


May 21, 2010 -- 12:57PM, cptspith wrote:


May 21, 2010 -- 12:08PM, teilhard wrote:


Nope ... I just have this silly Idea that every Sexually Active Person IS ( whether (s)he LIKES it, or NOT ) going to have to DEAL with the CONSEQUENCE of her/his own Behavior Choices ...




Missed again.


May 21, 2010 -- 12:08PM, teilhard wrote:


Should a Guy who freely chooses to Drink-and-Drive be "punished by death" for doing so ... ?? Of course not -- who has suggested such a Thing ... ???




OF COURSE a person who chooses to drink and drive should be "punished by death" or at least be subject to the possibility. However, that person is given the OPTION to NOT drink, or to take a cab, or to walk. What your Pope has done is to REQUIRE the inebriated to drive their car, so that the ONLY options are to not drink or to drive drunk. While the choice to drive drunk is still wrong, it is ALSO wrong to ban all other responsible alternatives. Are you getting it yet? Can you possibly understand that there is blame enough for everybody? Do you STILL support the Vatican's efforts to spread AIDS?


May 21, 2010 -- 12:08PM, teilhard wrote:


But in The REAL World, Actions DO have Consequences ... A Grown-up understands this ... ( Which is not LEAST of the Reasons Drinking, Driving, and/or Sex are NOT for Kids ... ) ...




In the REAL world, people who take away the ability of others to act responsibly are guilty of being unethical bullies. In the REAL world, issues are not black-and-white, and blame for immoral policies by society are to blame IN ADDITION to individual choices.


I still await your admission that you support the Vatican's desire to spread STD's. For that matter, I still await your decision to engage in legitimate dialog, and take a position and stick to it. Stop avoiding every point that makes you uncomfortable. Admit that you defend disgusting, immoral policies, and take your licks like a man.


 


-Reverend Spith





Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 1:06PM #77
teilhard
Posts: 53,304

May 21, 2010 -- 1:02PM, cptspith wrote:


May 21, 2010 -- 12:10PM, teilhard wrote:


No ... I'm simply noting -- not for the first Time -- that Folks who already HATE The Church and despise The Pope are having a LOT of self-righteous FUN lately ... That's all ..




It's not about hating the Church or the Pope; it's about despising hypocrisy.


 It's repugnant.




I agree that The Church-Haters and Pope-Despisers are being rather "hypocritical" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 1:16PM #78
cptspith
Posts: 2,493

May 21, 2010 -- 1:04PM, teilhard wrote:


IOW ...


YOU -- personally -- are NOT going to spend your own Efforts or Funds to improve the Public Health Situation in sub-Saharan Africa, are you ... ???




Assume whatever lies you wish, but my point HERE, is to support freedom of choice and access to responsible options. The point being that your Pope promotes the spread of disease because of archaic dogma. The point being that YOU support this repulsive attitude.


Why do you assume that I don't send money to African aid?


Or do you propose that only people whom have handed out condoms in Africa personally are allowed to have an opinion? Whether I personally tend to a dying AIDS-infected African woman or not, the policies by the Vatican are STILL disgusting. That you are attempting to make this a personal attack against ME, only goes to show that your argument is bankrupt, and that you are embarrassed to admit to your own allegiance.


When you are embarrassed to admit your own opinions, it is time to re-examine those opinions.


IOW ...


YOU -- personally -- have NO legitimate support for your own position, so you attack others by accusing them of inaction against a policy that should not exist in the first place. Why are you so embarrassed to admit to your own position on the matter? Ashamed to admit that you disagree with the Pope? Ashamed to admit that you AGREE with the Pope?  


-Reverend Spith

Moderated by Merope on May 27, 2010 - 01:43AM
Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 1:20PM #79
cptspith
Posts: 2,493

May 21, 2010 -- 1:06PM, teilhard wrote:


I agree that The Church-Haters and Pope-Despisers are being rather "hypocritical" ...




Please explain the hypocrisy. If you "agree" that they are being hypocritical, then I challenge you to explain how pointing out the immoral attitudes of an immoral person is hypocritical.


BTW, you cannot "agree" to the point, because the point wasn't made until you made it. You are "agreeing" with something that was never said.


So please, PLEASE, explain how hating an institution for policies that are hateful, is hypocritical. I want evidence that you are not just playing more word-games.

Moderated by Merope on May 27, 2010 - 01:40AM
Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 21, 2010 - 1:27PM #80
teilhard
Posts: 53,304

What you do -- or don't do -- with your own Time and $$$ is YOUR Business ... And The Teachings of The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church are OUR Concern ...


 


However, let me re-Affirm that ALL Sexually Active Persons are indeed fully responsible for making their own Sexual Behavior Choices AND for the Consequences ...


May 21, 2010 -- 1:16PM, cptspith wrote:


May 21, 2010 -- 1:04PM, teilhard wrote:


IOW ...


YOU -- personally -- are NOT going to spend your own Efforts or Funds to improve the Public Health Situation in sub-Saharan Africa, are you ... ???




Assume whatever lies you wish, but my point HERE, is to support freedom of choice and access to responsible options.


Whether I personally tend to a dying AIDS-infected African woman or not, the policies by the Vatican are STILL disgusting.


-Reverend Spith





Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook