4 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2010 - 6:38PM #1
Will

Hello all,

Where is the proper forum to post questions of Evangelical Christians to learn more about their beliefs?  I'm interested in learning about Evangelical ideas, not debating them, so the debate forum sounded kinda inappropriate.  But I'm also sensitive to the fact that an honest question about someone's faith may be misread in our anonymous, internet age as a provocative and trolling magnet for debate.  So if you could give me some guidance, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Peace

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2010 - 12:10AM #2
Kodiacman

Apr 14, 2010 -- 6:38PM, Will wrote:

Hello all,

Where is the proper forum to post questions of Evangelical Christians to learn more about their beliefs?  I'm interested in learning about Evangelical ideas, not debating them, so the debate forum sounded kinda inappropriate.  But I'm also sensitive to the fact that an honest question about someone's faith may be misread in our anonymous, internet age as a provocative and trolling magnet for debate.  So if you could give me some guidance, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Peace

Hello will,

That is kind of an open-ended question that has all kinds of answers to it. I guess my question to you is why do you want to know? I do not mean that flippantly but it is worth asking as it does help define the converstation and better answer potential questions that are not defined. I guess further questions to help the discussion would be are you wanting to find a church? Are you from a Christian backround and you want to know more about Evangelical Christianity?

You can see there are many rabbit trails to explore and examine so I am limited until we can get more information. I do applaud you for coming here and asking what you have asked.

blessings mark

If someone wants to doubt the existence of Jesus, my experience is that no evidence or argument will change his mind. Such is the nature of skepticism.~Editor fourth R
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2010 - 12:25AM #3
Anesis

There is a board for the purpose of learning about faiths. If you go to the main forum page, there is a link under Hot Topics called Visitor Centres. There you will find Welcome: Christianity: Evangelical. Here is a link:

Welcome: Christianity: Evangelical

The board is pretty quiet though, so respectful inquiries are welcome here as well. If it becomes necessary to move the thread as it develops, I will move it to the appropriate board. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2010 - 10:05PM #4
Will

Ok, thanks.  I don't want to disrupt this board, so I'll head over to visitors.  Anyone here who reads this and is interested in helping an Anglican understand EC can come join me for a while!  Thanks, friends.

Peace in Christ

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook