Switch to Forum Live View New and has a few questions
5 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2010 - 7:47PM #1
Sammycat

Ok So I have sometime I would like to ask. People so far have been open about this subject but I want.......well need help. I belive in god but i want a more spiritual......life... I want to be able to woriship how i want but I want to do it im my own way. I have joined groups that have to do with pagans and wicca. Some have been ok with how I choice to worship and other's have criticised me. Claiming I can't change wicca into a god instead of a goddess. I don't see what the problem is. If there is anybody that can give me advise I have been told that where are people out there who are the same as me but that they don't come out all the time. I would love to meet and talk to people who believe in the same things I do I don't mind praying to a goddess as long as I honor god first. Please I need some help and guidance from somebody who has been or is where im at. I would love to talk to somebody email or heck by phone even.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2010 - 10:26PM #2
Steven_A

Apr 1, 2010 -- 7:47PM, Sammycat wrote:

Ok So I have sometime I would like to ask. People so far have been open about this subject but I want.......well need help. I belive in god but i want a more spiritual......life... I want to be able to woriship how i want but I want to do it im my own way. I have joined groups that have to do with pagans and wicca. Some have been ok with how I choice to worship and other's have criticised me. Claiming I can't change wicca into a god instead of a goddess. I don't see what the problem is. If there is anybody that can give me advise I have been told that where are people out there who are the same as me but that they don't come out all the time. I would love to meet and talk to people who believe in the same things I do I don't mind praying to a goddess as long as I honor god first. Please I need some help and guidance from somebody who has been or is where im at. I would love to talk to somebody email or heck by phone even.

Most Wiccans recognize both a God and Goddess, and many of them see the God and Goddess as manifestations of a higher Being that is transcendent un-knowable. I've heard of some focusing only on the Goddess, but I've never heard of any focusing only on the God. Honoring the feminine aspect of the Divine is a very important aspect of neo-pagan spiritual paths like Wicca because many of the other spiritual traditions in the world tend to ignore the divine feminine altogether. 

You might like to try a Center for Spiritual Living or a Unitarian Universalist church. I go to a Center for Spiritual Living and I like it a lot.

Here are some websites that might help you find a Center for Spiritual Living near you:

www.unitedcentersforspiritualliving.org/

www.rsintl.org/

And here is the website for Unitarian Universalism:

www.uua.org/

All of these organizations are very open-minded and they make you feel free to do things your own way. You might also like to try another Wiccan or Pagan group or do a lot of reading and research on your own and by a solitary. Like for example, I go to the Center for Spiritual Living on Sundays but on my own I read about Theosophy, Vedanta, neo-Pagan religions, Buddhism, Taoism, and various New Thought writings because I've found that many of these spiritual traditions have valuable information that can be helpful in my spiritual path. 

You might also like to join a Yoga, Qi-gong, or Tai-chi group. Those are great holistic practices. And you often meet people there who know about other groups and activities in the area. Hope that helps.

- Steven

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook