Switch to Forum Live View Need Suggestions for Directory of Anti-christian websites
4 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 9:10AM #1
bbw1000

Hi -
I'm making a directory of anti-christian websites. So far I have 31 sites on the list, with a brief description of each site and a link to its home page.

But I want to add some more sites in addition to the 31 I've already included. So can someone please take a look at the list, and suggest more anti-christian sites that might be suitable for it. You can find the list at www.other-voices.net/skepticism.html

Thank you

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 9:33AM #2
Eudaimonist

Can you define "anti-Christian" for me?  Must it take a direct approach to criticizing Christianity, or can it simply give a secular alternative?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 9:58AM #3
bbw1000

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I'll consider sites that have information about secular alternatives. If you look at the list, you will see that it already includes sites like ReligiousTolerance.org, Skeptic Friends Network, and the Freedom from Religion Foundation, all of which fall into that category.

One of my goals is to try to get a diverse list, so I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 10:15AM #4
Eudaimonist

In that case, I'd like to recommend the Fellowship of Reason, which you could think of as a secular alternative to joining a church.

www.fellowshipofreason.com/

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 10:25AM #5
Jcarlinbn

I note you don't have pharyngula included.  It is one of the radical fringe anti-Christian, especially anti-Creationist sites.  You might find others in blogspace at Atheist BlogrollI can't help you much with recommendations as I have never been anti-Christian.  

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 11:42AM #6
mountain_man

Mar 26, 2010 -- 9:58AM, bbw1000 wrote:

One of my goals is to try to get a diverse list, so I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you

My suggestion would be to drop the "anti-christian" bit. I know of many secular sites that are not in any way anti-christian. Atheist, or Secular Humanist, sites are not (always) based on being anti-christian.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook