Switch to Forum Live View Scientology in the press recently
4 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2010 - 3:17AM #1
Geoffrey

Hello.

With all the recent media noise about Scientology I thought I would like to join a forum and discuss all this in a sane environment.

I have been involved with Scientology for 35 years and have lots of life changing wins and gains. I use the tech all the time, I read regularly, attend services and listen to LRH lectures. I look forward to lots more adventures in my quest for spiritual freedom.

What bothers me the most about recent comments by Xenophon, Bob Brown, Patrick McGorry and others is their hypocracy and bald-faced ignorance in their attacks on my religion. I am amazed that a psychiatrist can stand back and claim we put people's lives at risk when the practices of psychiatry have killed millions and place people at risk EVERY day with mind bending drugs that CAUSE suicides! And as for Xenophon...he certainly does NOT want to hear our side...he has flat refused to talk with us and yet accepts every negative story he hears! Even today on the ABC someone dredges up a 40 year old story from the early days of the Sea Org claiming abuse...I was in the SO and nothing like that ever happened to me and yet no one goes running to the press about all the stories of the abuse at the hands of Catholic Nuns...it's old hat and we are numb from hearing it for so long...but Scientology...now THERE'S an easy target!

At least sanity seems to have prevailed this week. Look, if someone claims a person has broken the law then let them persue legal means...after all, we don't ask for a probe into the catholic Church every time an alterboy clainms abuse...we investigate the claim and the alleged abuser!

I would like to hear from others who share my views and even those that don't.

Geoffrey White

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2010 - 6:41AM #2
Anon

Can you elaborate on Xenu? And why you need to pay thousands of dollars to read some of LRH's works?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2010 - 6:57AM #3
Geoffrey

If you know anything about Xenu you have heard it from sites and sources NOT from the Church, out of context and not to be trusted as to authenticity and not worth thinking about or having anything to do with.

As to paying thousands of dollars to listen to LRH: I will continue to listen to LRH's lectures, free or paid for. I've gotten a lot out of them and expect to continue.

Any questions of import and are you actually interested in Scientology? If you are I would read the real information from actual books and authorised sites. Deal in the truth.

Geoffrey White

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2010 - 8:05PM #4
Ichthys

I think it wouldn't be in the media when the lectures were for free and if people who leave Scientology wouldn't be stalked and harrassed, you know. Ask the people atthe top of your religion why it costs more. the higher you get. What is the concept behind this? Aren't they interested that everyone receives salvation and freedom?

In a Christian church, baptism and your first Bible (the WHOLE book) are free. Hwo come you have to pay in the Church of Scientology? How come, the word "Scientology" is a registered trademark to sue critiques? Short, if you want less negative publicity OPEN UP!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2012 - 3:00PM #5
farragut

And now we see that the nabobs of the cult are instructing their loyal sheeple to use every opportunity to silence detractors wherever they may be found. I guess I would do the same thing in their position.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook