Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Too Close to the Edge?
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 10:50AM #21
Ermotimos

I can only laugh at the christian for saying that because my people don't agree on everything, their words are lies, I can only laugh at his words of hate against my people, his ignorance is disturbing and full of evil spirits (which he so arrogantly boasts of being free of). I can only laugh at the christian (originaly jewish) consept of matter being the sourse and cause of evil. I can only laugh at the christian consept that all demons (spirits) are evil because they are of our world. I can only laugh at his ignorance of the dream and what it means to interpret a dream. I must laugh at his complete inability of interpreting our poets words. I can only laugh at his corrupt heart when he takes everything literaly and solidly without knowing that dogma comes from living by ones sences only (which are of this world he so hates) and not closing ones eyes to journey and see the world beond.

I will not sit and defend my people from such words. My people created a huge civilization which the christians destroyed bringing to humanity a darkness unseen before (midle ages) which still holds and feeds on humanity today. The darkness brought by arrogance and fanaticism and greed.

here is a brief record of the deeds brought on my people by the religion of "love". A true love story.

www.ysee.gr/index-eng.php?type=english&f...

And here is the work of the Emperor Julian (the only emperor with an education)  "Against the Gallileans" as a counter attack to the christians ignorance.

www.ccel.org/ccel/pearse/morefathers/fil...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2010 - 8:41PM #22
Tenlionz

I owe you and your People a sincere apology My Friend and Brother Ermotimos, I have heard the story of Constantine and the birth of Monotheism many times, and yet I never truly stopped to consider just how truly devastating this was to your People and their way of life, their very culture. I am ashamed to know this of my self, here I am barking away at the very moon to let all People know what my People have suffered, and I did not take the time to consider anothers suffering. Very ashamed indeed my Friend. I believe your Gods have taught me a valuable lesson, one that I will endeavor to remember no only in my mind but my heart as well. May your People be blessed according to the will of your own Gods, and may your struggle for freedom end in glorious victory. Pokoli Kowi Ishto-Ten Lionz

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2010 - 3:28PM #23
Ermotimos

No need to apologize my friend and brother Tenlionz. It is time for people to learn History as it is and not as perverce and twisted as is presented by those who have good reason to keep people ignorant. May the gods of your people guide you too and bring victory to you and your people as they think best.. egeia ke eudaimonia.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2010 - 8:08PM #24
Tenlionz

Yes, I believe the time has come for many oppressed Peoples to find their way home to their own cultures and traditions. My People now have Chickasaw language classes, Chickasaw history and cultural classes. All employees of our Nation are required to take these classes, even the European Americans working for the Tribe. All Employees are required to take what we call Ambassador training where they are indoctrinated to the ways of our People, so that any one affiliated with our People know the culture and adhere to our code of Traditional conduct and ethics. We also pay 20 dollars an hour to Chickasaws wanting to learn the language but are not employed by the Tribe, and there are many benefit's to those who marry within our own culture and live in the Tribal community. This insures the preservation of our culture our heritage and way of life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2010 - 4:49PM #25
Green.is.my.favorite.color

For what it may be worth (or not), I have opted to block you, SM. That means I can't see anything you've written. Also for what it may be worth, there are others on my "blocked list."

Felt I didn't have a choice in order to preserve emotional energy that's better spent elsewhere.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2010 - 4:46PM #26
ronnewmexico

G

I am not a Shaman, I do not eat what you eat. do not follow your political nor personal assumptions on things, I am not of your religion, do not think as you do, nor hold the concepts you do..

So that all aside feel free to take this with a grain of salt.

To my experience the sign of a unbalanced practice or way of being, firstly presents as a inordinate concern for things which in the past were quite mundane and ordinary. A predominance put on certain things which were in no manner dominate in the way of things.

Secondarily this if followed by the mind in a indulgeing  fashion leads to paranoia or ascribing powers to things, persons, places, or objects that do not contain them. Usually people as predominate focus. Extreem responses to past normally perceived things.

The key is indulgeing. We may all have inordinate concern for things that were of no concern in the past and this is a hallmark of depressive thought streams. That in itself is not necessarily a bad thing though it may be a suffering thing. A little depression at times is a ordinary thing for people. Indulging in, infers building upon. So  to remedy this in a practice fashion one may not build upon these thoughts as they occur but simply allow them to be as any other thought. Like perhaps.....   I may ordinarily think, I have to put out the trash. or we think.....that dog is barking incessitantly.   

But do not extend into the thought.

Such as...... I have so much trash, I am bad for the environment, I as bad. I hear the dog, the dog is bad, he is distrubing me, there is so much bad, many people are bad, the dog is evil. And on and on.... 

Indulging the thought stream. The initial thoughts are not bad in themselves for our happiness the extensions may be. In a depressive state this may extend into negativities.

A remedy, especially if extensions are difficult to stop, which they may be depending upon ones self understanding......

Years upon years as I have a up in the air dissolute type by nature, and indulge in activities such as extensive meditational practice which tend toward dissolution. MY diet being vegan, enforces dissolution. I counteract with remedies. To counter such things I must balance with physical pursuits. The more physical and base the activity the more grounding is the result. The more ephermal or spacy I perceived myself being the more I tend to ground with the physical. For me lifting large weights for short distances is the most large quickest form of grounding. If I am not so spacy perhaps running or playing a solitary sport may suffice. Not necessarily a conscious thing, but a unconscious thing which I do. My choice of activity. Some select activities such as yoga perhaps however unless one is particularly adept and grounded may also contribute to dissolution.

I also pursue meditations which involve eyes open and in places destined to invoke the physical response to things, and a outward rather than inward effect. I do not cut off or surpress with meditation but invoke and then when invoked study.

So both serve to keep me grounded.

Recreational Drugs of any sort must be avoided completely. ACtivities which tend toward dissolution should be avoided, such as those that disorient. Excessively fast driving perhaps, perhaps a fair ride, certain movies, pehaps those of great violence, whatever. Peoples of spacy demenor perhaps which may be fun to be around but bad for us in effect.

So that seems for me to balance this thing of spacyness and connection to the unordinary and the necessity of functioning in the ordinary. Eventually this way of behavior this balance whatever way you do it, leads the unordinary to produce a better more efficient ordinary is my experience.

So feel free to take it all with a grain of salt, we are different, but that works for me in my circumstance, and I find no loss of nonordinary, not in the slightest. That ebbs and flows as does the ocean.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook