Switch to Forum Live View Saved by Angels in Accident
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 7:09PM #1
One_World

Let me start by saying I've never believed in angels, or protectors, or guardians, or anything of the sort. Not really.

Last Saturday night, I was running across a downtown street and stupidly jumped a snowbank and slipped on ice. My momentum propelled me forward, into a plate-glass storefront window. I ended up getting 12 stitches in total, but the deepest wounds were to my right hand and my lower back/waist (from the glass coming down). I missed lacerating veins in my wrist by maybe a centimeter, and having fallen forward into the window, people were amazed I hadn't done more damage. My mom and dad both told me I had an angel or two holding me back from falling forward completely, which might have sliced up my abdomen/chest, neck, face, etc. My sweater was cleanly sliced, as were my jeans. My mom (jokingly) looked for handprints on my shoulders to show where the angels held me to keep me from more harm.

I'm definitely sore yet, but healing, and it could have been so much worse. Whoever's out there looking out for me, I'm eternally grateful.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars ~ Oscar Wilde
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 8:31PM #2
Stardove

Jan 19, 2010 -- 7:09PM, One_World wrote:

Let me start by saying I've never believed in angels, or protectors, or guardians, or anything of the sort. Not really.

Last Saturday night, I was running across a downtown street and stupidly jumped a snowbank and slipped on ice. My momentum propelled me forward, into a plate-glass storefront window. I ended up getting 12 stitches in total, but the deepest wounds were to my right hand and my lower back/waist (from the glass coming down). I missed lacerating veins in my wrist by maybe a centimeter, and having fallen forward into the window, people were amazed I hadn't done more damage. My mom and dad both told me I had an angel or two holding me back from falling forward completely, which might have sliced up my abdomen/chest, neck, face, etc. My sweater was cleanly sliced, as were my jeans. My mom (jokingly) looked for handprints on my shoulders to show where the angels held me to keep me from more harm.

I'm definitely sore yet, but healing, and it could have been so much worse. Whoever's out there looking out for me, I'm eternally grateful.

Welcome to the Angels forum and thank you for sharing your experience.  Sending you some healing energy.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook