Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What are the Baptist beliefs regarding...
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2010 - 5:03PM #1
humbly.search.for.truth

Hello:

I don't really share the beliefs of the baptist faith, but I really would like to know "straight from the horse's mouth" (so to speak) what a baptist (especially southern baptist) believes about a topic.  I don't want to really discuss too much here, because I want to respect that this is a board for baptists, not to debate a topic. If this thread is not welcome here, then please let me know and I will delete it.  

1) If Adam and Eve had NOT sinned in the beginning, would they still be living today?  Adam lived to be well over 900 years before dying.

2) What does a baptist believe about the future of the literal earth and the people on it?  

For example: Will the earth be burned up, destroyed, recreated?  Eventually become uninhabited?  

3) What will happen to those who have lived in history who have never had the opportunity to hear about God? For example: aborted babies, those who lived in isolated areas, prematurely died, etc.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2010 - 9:20PM #2
humbly.search.for.truth

19 views and no response yet?  

Are these questions not addressed in the services at all?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2010 - 7:04PM #3
sincerly

Jan 11, 2010 -- 5:03PM, humbly.search.for.truth wrote:

Hello:

I don't really share the beliefs of the baptist faith, but I really would like to know "straight from the horse's mouth" (so to speak) what a baptist (especially southern baptist) believes about a topic.  I don't want to really discuss too much here, because I want to respect that this is a board for baptists, not to debate a topic. If this thread is not welcome here, then please let me know and I will delete it.  

1) If Adam and Eve had NOT sinned in the beginning, would they still be living today?  Adam lived to be well over 900 years before dying.

2) What does a baptist believe about the future of the literal earth and the people on it?  

For example: Will the earth be burned up, destroyed, recreated?  Eventually become uninhabited?  

3) What will happen to those who have lived in history who have never had the opportunity to hear about God? For example: aborted babies, those who lived in isolated areas, prematurely died, etc.

humbly, I was a Baptist at one time and I don't recall there being any conflict scripturally on these points. Therefore, I will give an answer.(Should a baptist member hold a contrary position, let it be posted.)

1. God answers that in Gen.3:22.  All things are/were created for HIS Pleasure.Rev.4:11. Since GOD is eternal, why would HE create something which is pleasurable in a temporary mode?

2.)The Scriptures are clear that this earth as we know it shall be replaced by a new earth which has no sin stains.  Isa.66:22; 2Pet.3:6-13;  Rev.21:1 (cleansed by Fire----"burned up".) 

3.)THE SCRIPTURES SAY DIFFERENTLY-----None are without excuse.   Paul in Rom.1:16-22; 2:12-15 teaches that one is made aware of the truth of the Creator GOD by natural means or by the hearing and preforming of the things contained in the law. The "Golden rule"/ "Love GOD/Creator" and Love neighbor.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2010 - 10:09AM #4
humbly.search.for.truth

Jan 14, 2010 -- 7:04PM, sincerly wrote:

Hello:

humbly, I was a Baptist at one time and I don't recall there being any conflict scripturally on these points. Therefore, I will give an answer.(Should a baptist member hold a contrary position, let it be posted.)

WAS a baptist?  

Thank you for answering my questions by the way! I really appreciate it.  

1. God answers that in Gen.3:22.  All things are/were created for HIS Pleasure.Rev.4:11. Since GOD is eternal, why would HE create something which is pleasurable in a temporary mode?

My question was whether or not our first parents, Adam and Eve would still be living IF they had NOT partaken of what is forbidden in the garden of eden.  Life is temporary, being only 70-90 years, although we once lived 900+ years in the beginning. 

So, I guess I am having trouble understanding your answer on that one.  

2.)The Scriptures are clear that this earth as we know it shall be replaced by a new earth which has no sin stains.  Isa.66:22; 2Pet.3:6-13;  Rev.21:1 (cleansed by Fire----"burned up".) 

Would it be correct to say that a baptist believes that the literal earth will be burned up in a literal fire and have no inhabitants?  Will there ever be humans on the literal earth ever again after that?

3.)THE SCRIPTURES SAY DIFFERENTLY-----None are without excuse.   Paul in Rom.1:16-22; 2:12-15 teaches that one is made aware of the truth of the Creator GOD by natural means or by the hearing and preforming of the things contained in the law. The "Golden rule"/ "Love GOD/Creator" and Love neighbor.

So, would it be accurate to say that a baptist believes that it doesn't matter if they never even heard about the Bible...they should have known better?  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2010 - 5:37PM #5
sincerly

Jan 16, 2010 -- 10:09AM, humbly.search.for.truth wrote:

Jan 14, 2010 -- 7:04PM, sincerly wrote:

Hello:

WAS a baptist?  

Thank you for answering my questions by the way! I really appreciate it.  

My question was whether or not our first parents, Adam and Eve would still be living IF they had NOT partaken of what is forbidden in the garden of eden.  Life is temporary, being only 70-90 years, although we once lived 900+ years in the beginning. 

So, I guess I am having trouble understanding your answer on that one.  

Would it be correct to say that a baptist believes that the literal earth will be burned up in a literal fire and have no inhabitants?  Will there ever be humans on the literal earth ever again after that?

So, would it be accurate to say that a baptist believes that it doesn't matter if they never even heard about the Bible...they should have known better?  

humbly, my conversion and why I am not a Baptist presently isn't in the scope of your questions.

Did you read those scriptural answers?  Gen.3:22, says GOD barred the couple from the tree of life or they would have "lived forever".  Your "life is temporary" isn't scriptural, but only the results/conditions imposed after the fall of mankind.(the penalty for which  was----"ye shall surely die".

Now look at Rev.4:11, "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."  Humbly, that "all things" included Adan and Eve. The Tree of life would have maintained their lives eternally----for the Pleasure of God,

Humbly, those scriptures in Isaiah, Peter and Revelations indicate a literal "burning up of this earth as we know it. It will be "ashes" and the wicked, also. According to Mal.4:1-3. That would indicate, to me, that the "New earth" will be made from the "cleansed of evil and corruption "dust"" of the "first earth".  It seems you are missing the point of the scriptures that the Redeemed will populate the "new earth".

No, that would be an inaccurate assessment of the scriptures which was presented and their beliefs. The knowledge that there is a  Creator God is "without excuse". The principles of "right and wrong" is known by the "as you would have them do to you".  And the Baptist based their beliefs upon their interpretation of the BIBLE. It is ALL the peoples of the world who are "without excuse".

A wrongful interpretation/understanding doesn't make a belief either right or wrong. That designation is based on the intent of the "Thus saith the LORD" concerning the subject.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 10:13PM #6
humbly.search.for.truth

Hi Sincerly:

I actually didn't come here to be converted or to convert anyone. I want to respect that this is a community board and not a discussion board.  I know those scriptures well that you quoted, and the context as well as the rest of the Bible tells a different story to me. There is nothing wrong with the literal earth, it is the people on it that have the issues.  

I converse with baptists often and I have heard some different alternatives to their beliefs, which I why I am here posting.  I want to try and find out what the "official" belief is.  For example, I have had baptists tell me that they believe Adam and Eve are allegorical, while others believe they are real historical figures. 

I believe you partially answered my questions.  I was hoping for more activity, but there isn't a lot on this forum, at least right now. 

Thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 11:05PM #7
sincerly

Jan 19, 2010 -- 10:13PM, humbly.search.for.truth wrote:

Hi Sincerly:

I actually didn't come here to be converted or to convert anyone. I want to respect that this is a community board and not a discussion board.  I know those scriptures well that you quoted, and the context as well as the rest of the Bible tells a different story to me. There is nothing wrong with the literal earth, it is the people on it that have the issues.  

I converse with baptists often and I have heard some different alternatives to their beliefs, which I why I am here posting.  I want to try and find out what the "official" belief is.  For example, I have had baptists tell me that they believe Adam and Eve are allegorical, while others believe they are real historical figures. 

I believe you partially answered my questions.  I was hoping for more activity, but there isn't a lot on this forum, at least right now. 

Thanks.

humbly, as a JW, you want accept the scriptural contextual affirmation of the truth of this present world's soon returning to ashes, but that is your choice. Adam and Eve were real---you and I are witnesses to that fact. I am not the product of a miracle from a mud-hole.  And GOD is the Creator GOD-------Just as the scriptures literally declared.

You are welcome for my input.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 1:49AM #8
humbly.search.for.truth

Jan 19, 2010 -- 11:05PM, sincerly wrote:

Jan 19, 2010 -- 10:13PM, humbly.search.for.truth wrote:

Hi Sincerly:

Thanks.

humbly, as a JW, you want accept the scriptural contextual affirmation of the truth of this present world's soon returning to ashes, but that is your choice. Adam and Eve were real---you and I are witnesses to that fact. I am not the product of a miracle from a mud-hole.  And GOD is the Creator GOD-------Just as the scriptures literally declared.

You are welcome for my input.

I really think we see eye to eye on the Adam and Eve part.  I was once a trinitarian, hellfire believer, etc.  From many hours of study, I realize just how duped I have been.  Maybe you should consider the metaphors of the Bible.  But, I respect your opinions as I would face to face when speaking to you.  Thanks again for your imput.  I just wished that there was participation from current baptist members.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2010 - 5:51PM #9
Ana

1) If Adam and Eve had NOT sinned in the beginning, would they still be living today? Adam lived to be well over 900 years before dying.

Had Adam and Eve not sinned in the beginning they would had eternal life and would still be alive and every thing would had been perfect.  (don't you wish you'd been there and stop them)

2) What does a baptist believe about the future of the literal earth and the people on it? For example: Will the earth be burned up, destroyed, recreated? Eventually become uninhabited?

For everything to be all right again this earth as we know it and all of the people on it have to be destroyed or lifted to a special place to wait for a new world so we all can live in peace.

The only way to go to the FATHER is to go thru the SON and have everlasting lives and sorry abouth those people that never got to know or hear about the SON, even if it mean an unborn child,  that's why were supposed to go and spread his word.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 9:25AM #10
Queentoyou

I was raised in a Baptist church, my father being the minister, in North Carolina. Regarding the last question about saving babies, and people from remote areas of the world...I was always taught that God "excuses" babies, children, and those who for various reasons cannot understand the prayer of salvation/ Jesus Christ as one's savior (disabled, etc.). I was taught that Jesus will not return/ the rapture will not occur until all peoples in remote regions of the world have been brought the message of Jesus Christ. I have always had peace knowing this, as it only makes sense that God would not hold babies/children accountable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook