Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2009 - 9:04AM #11
BeerLover

Wendyness:

"Those ancient archetypes carry much wisdom.  I am not into past lives but ancient archetypes prove very valuable in my use of intuition.  Drawing on certain aspects of the goddess for example can be incredibly helpful for me in defining what I am experiencing.  Drawing on the goddess Kali can be very powerful in the destruction of the negative ego.  

As far as intuition, I experience it as an instinctual feeling of knowing, or sensing.  The more I trust it the powerful it becomes.  All myths, fairy tales, and biblical stories carry archetypes. Don't dismiss them so easily as useless, they are powerful."

Beer-Lo:

Ah, Wendy, I did no such thing.  I said in effect that I had no use for them, and I'm skeptical about inheriting a soul or spiritual component.  Making a blanket statement like, "they are useless" is something completely different.  It gets the likes of you arguing with the likes of me.  Everybody views their journeys into the spiritual realm a little differently.  Everybody carries a different set of tools with them as they go.  If archetypes and working with deities which I have never heard of helps you, then go with it.  You may not get anything from a deck of tarot cards.  To you, they are useless, to me they are vital.  Non-material tools work the same way, IMHO.

"...the instinctual feeling of knowing.  The more I trust it, the more powerful it becomes."  Funny you should put it that way.  There is an image on one of my tarot cards of a woman walking with a lion at loose leash beside her.  The lion is her intuition.  I think this is a good image of your concept of intuition.  Do an image search of "Gilded tarot" and "Strength" to see the image.  The new B'net makes it difficult to embed images into posts.  I'll take "gut feeling" as a good way to describe intuition.

Welcome to the discussion,

BL

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2009 - 11:07AM #12
Wendyness

Dec 10, 2009 -- 9:04AM, BeerLover wrote:

Wendyness:

"Those ancient archetypes carry much wisdom.  I am not into past lives but ancient archetypes prove very valuable in my use of intuition.  Drawing on certain aspects of the goddess for example can be incredibly helpful for me in defining what I am experiencing.  Drawing on the goddess Kali can be very powerful in the destruction of the negative ego.  

As far as intuition, I experience it as an instinctual feeling of knowing, or sensing.  The more I trust it the powerful it becomes.  All myths, fairy tales, and biblical stories carry archetypes. Don't dismiss them so easily as useless, they are powerful."

Beer-Lo:

Ah, Wendy, I did no such thing.  I said in effect that I had no use for them, and I'm skeptical about inheriting a soul or spiritual component.  Making a blanket statement like, "they are useless" is something completely different.  It gets the likes of you arguing with the likes of me.  Everybody views their journeys into the spiritual realm a little differently.  Everybody carries a different set of tools with them as they go.  If archetypes and working with deities which I have never heard of helps you, then go with it.  You may not get anything from a deck of tarot cards.  To you, they are useless, to me they are vital.  Non-material tools work the same way, IMHO.

"...the instinctual feeling of knowing.  The more I trust it, the more powerful it becomes."  Funny you should put it that way.  There is an image on one of my tarot cards of a woman walking with a lion at loose leash beside her.  The lion is her intuition.  I think this is a good image of your concept of intuition.  Do an image search of "Gilded tarot" and "Strength" to see the image.  The new B'net makes it difficult to embed images into posts.  I'll take "gut feeling" as a good way to describe intuition.

Welcome to the discussion,

BL

The Fool in a deck of tarot cards is an archetype.  An archetype is a model or pattern that is universal to the human experience.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2009 - 4:36PM #13
Green.is.my.favorite.color

Boy I could sure use some of that "destruction of the negative ego" thing right now! Traveling over a rough patch in the path right now... :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2009 - 7:47PM #14
Wendyness

Dec 14, 2009 -- 4:36PM, Green.is.my.favorite.color wrote:

Boy I could sure use some of that "destruction of the negative ego" thing right now! Traveling over a rough patch in the path right now... :)

Beliefnet has an article on "Kali and the destruction of the negative ego".  Sorry to hear about the rough patch.  I've had plenty of those myself.    Some are rougher than others. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2009 - 10:23PM #15
LunaSolaris

Ah, I'm back with another .02, but I'm not sure where I want to go with all the responses.

I think intuition is just one resource, one tool, that a person can access for information.  I believe intuition is something all people have, and can most easily use.  To reference one of BeerLover's (Beer-Lo, really?) previous posts, it's something that is minimally conditioned out of people by socieity.  It's okay to have a "gut feeling" about many things.

Now I also believe that intuition can also interact with/work with/enhance other resources available to people more in tune with the Universe/Source/Light/energy/spiritual constuct of your choice, such as psychic abilities, esoteric practices, etc.  Intution may even be a basic component of some of these more advanced capabilities.

As for the usefulness of intution, I'm coming to believe more and more in the usefulness of intuition.  Of course, I'm also actively working to increase my spiritual awareness, and create a stronger connection to the Universe.  Intuition seems to be a funny thing that works better the more you trust it (and/or yourself). ;)  Though I would venture to say that is likely true for the other capabilities I mentioned above.

I want to say something about the interchange about different spiritual constucts and their viability, but I really don't know what direction I would want to go at that from.  BL, given your responses, I would suggest you look into a field called "Interpersonal Neurobiology" and anything in there connected to spirituality.  I'd look it up myself and provide some links, but I'm still processing and untangling the recent infusion of information I got from that area.  Maybe it's something else I'll come back and do. ;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2009 - 7:18PM #16
Green.is.my.favorite.color

I am reminded of my place. Of who I am. What I don't know is infinitely more than what I do know. And it will always be that way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook