Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Health Care / Church ?
4 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2010 - 2:29PM #51
TPaine

Nov 27, 2010 -- 12:07AM, Timai wrote:

Oct 10, 2009 -- 11:45PM, davelaw40 wrote:

No, it does not. I am a member of independant local Church not officially tied with any other group. Yes, we are unofficilly tied to other groups; but thats another story.

Oct 10, 2009 -- 10:13PM, davelaw40 wrote:

are you advocating overthrowing the Government of the US in the name of the coming Kingdom?

Then, it would seem that you and the Apostle Paul are those advocating the overthrow of the Government of the United States of America whereas Jesus Christ never advocated overthrowing any government, as the Roman ruler Pontius Pilate was more favorable toward Jesus Christ than the religious authorities that were demanding His execution (speaking of health care relative to the Church and the Government).

Paul allegedly said this in a private letter to a church that was subsequently intercepted and became part of the Christian Bible:

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)

Dave and I have debated here on Bnet and on other sites for several years and, while we often disagree about politics and religion, the idea that he would advocate overthrowing the American government is ludicrous. I have never seen such an advocacy in any of his posts.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook