Switch to Forum Live View SPIRITUALITY; BEING OPEN
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 3:32PM #1
iczbez

Every now and then I like to come on line where I hope; we can start a conversation. 

One of my choice topics is weight management.  How about; we consider ways to open ourselves up more to our own spirtuality and also learning to love ourselves as we should.

Weight management then becomes inevitable, at least, so you would think.

Irene

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 3:55PM #2
iczbez

I need to meditate more and eat less. It will also help keep the denial away about what and how much I eat. I always liked this bedtime meditation. It's 12 step; when you go to bed at night review your day and improve on it. 

Irene

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 3:07PM #3
iczbez

To reach the turning point in one's journey is pure elation, Hallelujah! Meditation helps in getting us there.

How's your meditation coming along? "It is a work in progress" for me,  I guess, we can say that about our entire being.

Irene 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2009 - 6:48PM #4
Jai

I mself have been on a weight loss journey.. I was 200 lbs.. I was eating cupcakes and saying I wanted to lose weight... Thank God my friend told me I didn't need another one.  We vowed to get through it together and we made our pact.. Yoga, meditation, walking, and scriptures helped us both.. It has been almost two years and I have kept my weight off and I lost 70 lbs... So prayer is the one key for me...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2009 - 2:03AM #5
iczbez

I'm so happy that your prayers were answered. That is a lot of weight to lose. It's great that you stayed the course. Congradulations!

Where as, I get "off" track just as often as I am "on" track. The end result is zilch!  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2009 - 8:41AM #6
dksbeliever

I find that my biggest problem is not being hungry, but just love eating.  I'm not sure how to manage that.  Have been attempting to give my great desire for food to the Lord for Him to handle, but I keep taking it back.  I will keep praying, though, because I'm not sure what else there is. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2009 - 8:46AM #7
dksbeliever

I think there are some emotional issue involved also in my love to eat, so I think I need to learn how to deal with those.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2009 - 8:39PM #8
iczbez

Diana, I meant to make a comment on this thread where as I went and posted on the other one (Wendy's)  We will talk soon but in the mean while I'm taking things a little slower right now.

Irene

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook