Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do I have to be a member of the God army to walk on a path with Jesus?
5 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2009 - 7:05PM #21
Bevo

No personal attack.  I'm simply happy that a person who does not agree with the church's BoD is no longer a Methodist pastor.  BTW, are any of your gay pastor friends UMC pastors?  Because if they are, they are in violation of their vows of ordination when they were first ordained as pastors in the Methodist church.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2009 - 3:41PM #22
Bevo

www.yelp.com/biz/ecclesia-church-houston

The above is a link to some reviews of the Ecclesia church in Houston.  Ecclesia church is located in the heart of the gay community in Houston.  However, while the church purposefully ministers to the gay community, they maintain that homosexual behavior is incompatible with Christian teaching.  The average age of its members is around 20.  It is a hugely successful and thriving church, dispelling the notion that young folks are not attracted to a church with orthodox theology but extremely contemporary means of expressing the Christian faith.  If Methodism ever went south, this is probably where I'd go.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2009 - 5:45PM #23
1awakening

As CHristians, or even Jews or Muslims for that fact, should we be fighting those who have a different belief than ourselves? Should we argue with our brothers and sisters concerning their choices, they are concsious decisions that someone else has made concerning their own life. Mysticwatcher is right about recognizing that there is a God, and in fact it is God that helps one to unfold whatever bondages that may hold us. This decision is also up to oneself. Gods love has no boundaries, it is pure. The more one learns to love God, the more one will know what to do concerning the rest of Gods creation. Hipocrisy, judgement, damnation, these are not our concerns towards other individuals or anything concerning Gods creation. We must see ourselves as we are and work to acheive the one true destiny..returning to our creator. We can not spend time in petty disputes that none of us as humans can really know who is right or who is wrong,we can only follow what we ourselves are told to do. We have to learn to love God as he has loved us and as people we have alot of adjusting to do in our own lives. We can only spread the Word, it is up to others to follow on their own will.

Saul was out to destroy the Apostles and on the way The Holy Spirit came to him and told him that there was a job for him to do. ..That he would help to save the gentiles from sin. The thing about this is that Saul went blind, he had to be led by hand to his destiny. See.. Saul was blind, lost in darkness. He made a concsious decision to be led.. as to where The Holy Spirit told him to go. After Saul was there he could see again, and I'm sure that he could see the world in a whole new light, Gods Light! Saul was not forced nor convinced, he accepted on his own free will. And now Christians, we have the New Testament, praise God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2009 - 3:15AM #24
Watcher01

What is written in reply to the original message, is what I have been writting about before I joined belief.net on my blogs, on various message boards and personal blogs.

The message given by God has been lost or in the main forgotten, mankind argues over points that have little bearing on their own lives.

Jesus never mentioned homosexuality? and Paul did, surely it is Pauls own personal view if Jesus said nothing? Hence the state of religions when peoples personal views are acted upon rather than the first and true message.

And children are taught to hate 1 or more groups of people.

What has happened to Humility, Humbleness, Love and Understanding?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2009 - 12:29PM #25
Bevo

You are perfectly free to believe as you wish.  However, you should know that many of your beliefs are contradictory to Methodist teachings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2009 - 12:49PM #26
1awakening

I must say that Watcher and Bill have stated some of the most important things yet. In fact we must teach love, not hate or discrimination. I know that the world is plagued by these "diseases,"and it is something around at all times. You can feel the difference in the air when there is hate and not love. Hate and love are not just empty words, they are the expression of our thoughts, our true inner feelings. To think of love all the time is really a change in ones whole reality. So don't think about the differences among us, focus on the love that we recieve, feel, and show.

And Bill, In my view I see myself trying to be a part of "Gods Army." I don't perceive it as violent but an army of peace, following the laws that our Creator has given to us. I will indeed "fight" the all the negative or evil around, only this "fight" is a non-violent one within the realms of my own thoughts and being expressed through my actions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2009 - 1:05PM #27
Bevo

Wouldn't you describe evil as sin?  Assuming the answer is yes, then you would also agree that fighting against sin is of great value.  Condoning sinful behavior is as wrong as condoning evil, wouldn't you say?  How do we determine what is and what is not sinful behavior?  The obvious answer is the teachings of Scripture.  And what do the Scriptures tell us about homosexual behavior?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2009 - 6:52PM #28
Bevo

Okay...then throw your bible away and make up your faith any way you see fit (as it seems you have).  You are obviously sighting very poor examples from Scripture, ones that mix the civil law, ceremonial law and moral law.  The former two are not applicable, but the latter is.  Homosexual behavior (the moral law) is condemned in both the Hebrew law, and the New Covenant.  You might as well argue that murder is also non-applicable.  But be that as it may, your beliefs are wholly outside the teachings of Methodism.

That's the rub.  Methodism has very clear teachings on where the church stands on all sorts of issues.  Yet, Methodists continue to somehow believe that being a Methodist means they're free to believe whatever they wish.  NO!!!!  We have clearly expressed our views on all sorts of subjects, and we continue to proclaim that homosexual behavior is incompatible with Christian teachings.  If you disagree, then find another church.  It's just that simple.

I am a Bible bigot.

Sincerely,

John Wesley

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2009 - 7:03PM #29
Watcher01

Only 1 Law stand really, and that is Gods Law, The 10 Commandments, unless some of you know something that no one else does, the other laws were made by men and as I have said before, if Jesus didnt mention it why should you, unless your one of those whom are under the illusion they are judge and jury?

Oh yes, with so many versions of The Bible and so many different personal interpretations of it, how do you know which is the right one, I mean none of them are the original texts are they.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2009 - 7:28PM #30
Watcher01

There is an old saying

"He who shouts the loudest is the most unsure"

He who is sure of himself does not need to shout at all, but live his life in peace and harmony with himself and others, he does not even have to argue his point because he is so sure.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook