Post Reply
Page 5 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
5 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2009 - 9:03PM #41
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

Can we just agree  to disagree or are you trying to save me?


I am under the Dispensation of Grace not the old Dispensation of the Law

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 11:02PM #42
sincerly
Posts: 4,049

Sep 6, 2009 -- 9:03PM, Roodog wrote:


Can we just agree  to disagree or are you trying to save me?


I am under the Dispensation of Grace not the old Dispensation of the Law





Roodog, only the blood of Christ and the Grace of God can save anyone.


As far as Agreeing to disagree, Do you honestly believe that GOD ever compromises with any NON-TRUTH? That is the nature/principle of  "agreeing to disagree". Of course, there is nothing to keep one from believing anything one chooses. And that fact, needs no approval from anyone. 


 


I would hope that you are under the "stewardship/ managemant" of GOD who dispenses Grace. Paul and others only "Go ye".


Notice the scriptural meaning of "Dispensation" in these verses and in connection with GRACE :


Strong's Numbers Visible..."return startCallback('./miniHelpStr.html', 'GET', null, event, -225, 10, 300, true);">..."this.src='/gifs/showStr02a.gif';" onmouseover="this.src='/gifs/showStr02b.gif';" />

Luk 16:2 And 2532 he called 5455 him 846, and said 2036 unto him 846, How 5101 is it that I hear 191 this 5124 of 4012 thee 4675? give 591 an account 3056 of thy 4675 stewardship 3622; for 1063thou mayest be 1410 no 3756 longer 2089 steward 3621 .


1Cr 9:17 For 1063 if 1487 I do 4238 this thing 5124 willingly 1635, I have 2192 a reward 3408: but 1161 if 1487 against my will 210, a dispensation 3622 [of the gospel] is committed unto me 4100 .


Eph 1:10 That in 1519 the dispensation 3622of the fulness 4138 of times 2540 he might gather together in one 346 all things 3956 in 1722 Christ 5547, both 5037 which 3588 are in 1722 heaven 3772, and 2532 which 3588 are on 1909 earth 1093; [even] in 1722 him 846:


Eph 3:2 If 1489 ye have heard 191 of the dispensation 3622 of the grace 5485 of God 2316 which 3588 is given 1325 me 3427 to 1519 you-ward 5209:


Col 1:25 Whereof 3739 I 1473 am made 1096 a minister 1249, according to 2596 the dispensation 3622 of God 2316 which 3588 is given 1325 to me 3427 for 1519 you 5209, to fulfil 4137 the word 3056 of God 2316;


 


ALL who have truly Repented and submitted to the Father's Will  are UNDER GRACE and no longer guilty of the Decalogue's penalty for disobedience. Grace does not void the Decalogue/LAW---it only removes the charge of "guilty".

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 4:02PM #43
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

Still bound to the Law aren't you.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 5:33PM #44
sincerly
Posts: 4,049

Sep 9, 2009 -- 4:02PM, Roodog wrote:


Still bound to the Law aren't you.





To the contrary, True Repentance and Submission(1John 1:9), "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  That forgiveness frees one from the penalty of the LAW-- no longer shackled by its claims of death. However, look at the continuation of that thought John was making: (2:1-3)


"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:   And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."


Roodog, Does one abide as a branch when one severes the connection to the trunk of the tree? Therefore, unless one repeats the process of confession and repentance, the "propitiation" cannot occur. (Whether for the first offense or the 777th one,) Also, 1 John 3:4 declares that "SIN is the transgression of the Law."  The context is clear that there is NO VOIDING of the Decalogue----only a removal of the penalty imposed with the Repenting and confessing. Another, also, Did you notice SIN wasn't defined any different for the "cleansed " person who had previously been made such---and "sinned again" than it was for the "whole world"?  There is NO LAW FOR "THEM" AND ANOTHER FOR "US".


 That same Law will be written in the minds and hearts of all honest Believers.


 

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2009 - 4:05PM #45
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

The Baptist Church does not accept your position on the Law, nor does it accept Annihilation nor Investigative Judgement. Such positions are at best in our Church, heterodox, at worst heresy.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2009 - 11:07PM #46
sincerly
Posts: 4,049

Sep 10, 2009 -- 4:05PM, Roodog wrote:


The Baptist Church does not accept your position on the Law, nor does it accept Annihilation nor Investigative Judgement. Such positions are at best in our Church, heterodox, at worst heresy.





But, what counts with GOD is the Scriptural Truth. 

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 2:36PM #47
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

The Baptist Church rejects these positions of the SDA and their false prophet Ellen White as unbiblical.


The BC teaches that you are save by grace APART from the works of the Law. Adding the Law to Grace nullifies Grace. Judaizing the faith is heresy.


The BC teaches that the souls of all the Departed are either in Heaven or in Hades to await judgment and and everlasting confinement in Gehenna. Soul sleep and Annihilation are simply wrong.


The views of the Baptist Church on these matters is the correct understanding if the Bible. Period.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 5:48PM #48
sincerly
Posts: 4,049

Sep 11, 2009 -- 2:36PM, Roodog wrote:


The Baptist Church rejects these positions of the SDA and their false prophet Ellen White as unbiblical.



The Jews reject Jesus as the Messiah and Son of GOD.


Sep 11, 2009 -- 2:36PM, Roodog wrote:


The BC teaches that you are save by grace APART from the works of the Law. Adding the Law to Grace nullifies Grace. Judaizing the faith is heresy.



The SDA Church , also, teaches that one is saved only by accepting and applying the Shed Blood by Faith to cover one's sins and that the Father's Grace  allows for that Atonement. and that those who have Repented and applied that gift will Eph.2:10, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them".


Sep 11, 2009 -- 2:36PM, Roodog wrote:


The BC teaches that the souls of all the Departed are either in Heaven or in Hades to await judgment and and everlasting confinement in Gehenna. Soul sleep and Annihilation are simply wrong.



Likewise, the SDA Church teaches that the "departed"/dead person awaits judgment in hades(the grave, hell, pit).  It is from there that Jesus said one would be resurrected. John 5:28-29, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. "


Death/Sleep: see Isa.26:19; Dan.12:2; Eph.5:14; John 11:11-14, "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth------is dead".


 As far as the ultimate outcome of the wicked, God had this to say: see Mal.4:1-3


Therefore, AS Jesus said, Matt.16:26, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" .


Are we selling our soul/life for a mess of pottage??/Thirty pieces of silver??  Listening to the wrong "master"??    That choice is in each of our hands. Obey GOD or Man.


 

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 10:04PM #49
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

Sep 11, 2009 -- 5:48PM, sincerly wrote:


Sep 11, 2009 -- 2:36PM, Roodog wrote:


The Baptist Church rejects these positions of the SDA and their false prophet Ellen White as unbiblical.



The Jews reject Jesus as the Messiah and Son of GOD.


Sep 11, 2009 -- 2:36PM, Roodog wrote:


The BC teaches that you are save by grace APART from the works of the Law. Adding the Law to Grace nullifies Grace. Judaizing the faith is heresy.



The SDA Church , also, teaches that one is saved only by accepting and applying the Shed Blood by Faith to cover one's sins and that the Father's Grace  allows for that Atonement. and that those who have Repented and applied that gift will Eph.2:10, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them".


Sep 11, 2009 -- 2:36PM, Roodog wrote:


The BC teaches that the souls of all the Departed are either in Heaven or in Hades to await judgment and and everlasting confinement in Gehenna. Soul sleep and Annihilation are simply wrong.



Likewise, the SDA Church teaches that the "departed"/dead person awaits judgment in hades(the grave, hell, pit).  It is from there that Jesus said one would be resurrected. John 5:28-29, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. "


Death/Sleep: see Isa.26:19; Dan.12:2; Eph.5:14; John 11:11-14, "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth------is dead".


 As far as the ultimate outcome of the wicked, God had this to say: see Mal.4:1-3


Therefore, AS Jesus said, Matt.16:26, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" .


Are we selling our soul/life for a mess of pottage??/Thirty pieces of silver??  Listening to the wrong "master"??    That choice is in each of our hands. Obey GOD or Man.


 





You DARE to compare Ellen White with Christ????

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 10:13PM #50
Roodog
Posts: 10,168

This thread is getting too rough and tumble, perhaps the host should move it to Christian to Christian Debate.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook