Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Hate Speech or Orwell's Newspeak?
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 8:46PM #11
Adelphe

Look youz all.

I'm trying not to respond here on sheer principle.  Must...resist...

Let this thread die a ghastly death complete with croaking rattle so I can make my point.

Because I am like that.

Tongue out

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 8:49PM #12
catboxer

MM, I just can't do it. Those hate-speech words are so 20th-century that if you try combining them with Nuspeek it immediately comes apart. It's a real cognitive disconnect.

I suspect possibly what the original poster is objecting to, besides the implied censorship in the banning of hate speech, is our habitual reliance on euphemism. We now live in a society in which nobody can be crippled, blind, or old.

It is the universal fate of humanity to become senior citizens, to become physically challenged in some way, and to pass away (or migrate to another plane of existence), or to put it in plain English, get old, get sick, and die.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 9:17PM #13
MMarcoe

Jun 9, 2009 -- 8:49PM, catboxer wrote:

I suspect possibly what the original poster is objecting to, besides the implied censorship in the banning of hate speech, is our habitual reliance on euphemism. We now live in a society in which nobody can be crippled, blind, or old.

Ok.

Adelphe, exactly what are you getting at, anyway? And why do you want this post to die?

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook